An Old School Catholic Message Board

Fundraising On Your Own...

TeresaBenedicta

littlesister

This would be a one-time project for an athlete : one of our incoming postulants lined up some sponsoorships and just ran the New York Marathon. It sounds like she did quite nicely.

Also, we tried Serra for financial support once in the midwest, but they explained that isn't not somethng they do. A couple of individual members heard about it and donated what they could, but their focus is elsewhere.

melporcristo

[quote name='littlesister' date='04 May 2010 - 03:44 PM' timestamp='1273009489' post='2105045']
This would be a one-time project for an athlete : one of our incoming postulants lined up some sponsoorships and just ran the New York Marathon. It sounds like she did quite nicely.

Also, we tried Serra for financial support once in the midwest, but they explained that isn't not somethng they do. A couple of individual members heard about it and donated what they could, but their focus is elsewhere.
[/quote]

:yes:

I'm hoping to get together with the other young lady from my diocese who is in the same boat as me (accepted into a Community but has debt to pay off). What do you need for a Nun-Run? Money to print letters? Advertisement money for flyers, etc?

Also - as for the KofC website, it was down :unsure: not sure if you knew or not - but it said the website was unavailable when I tried clicking it.

As for the Serra Club - the priest in charge of Vocations in my diocese told me our Serra Club would help those with vocations. :bigthink: hopefully they help!

"If it's God's will, it's God's bill." My quote for the remainder of the year :)

laetitia crucis

[quote name='melporcristo' date='04 May 2010 - 09:27 PM' timestamp='1273019268' post='2105122']
"If it's God's will, it's God's bill." My quote for the remainder of the year :)
[/quote]

I think I may take that on as my quote for the remainder of the year as well! :lol:

magnificat

[quote name='melporcristo' date='04 May 2010 - 08:27 PM' timestamp='1273019268' post='2105122']
Also - as for the KofC website, it was down :unsure: not sure if you knew or not - but it said the website was unavailable when I tried clicking it.

[/quote]

The KoC website worked for me just now - if you can't get to it through the link I posted earlier, go to the main KoC webpage (www.kofc.org). Under the "What we do" tab at the top, select "Support for Vocations", then click on "Refund Support for Vocations" about 1/2 way down the page.