An Old School Catholic Message Board

As The Church Suffers The Jesuits Pile It On...

Skinzo

Thy Geekdom Come

[quote name='Terra Firma' date='21 April 2010 - 01:23 PM' timestamp='1271870599' post='2097395']
It provides an added incentive to keep evangelizing within the Church.
[/quote]
Phatmass' older motto: "Converting Catholics to Catholicism."

Honestly, we need to make a whole ministry of that. It's a great line.

I almost wonder if these appointments in California are just to avoid confrontations at the local level.

[quote name='CatherineM' date='21 April 2010 - 12:11 PM' timestamp='1271873463' post='2097426']
I almost wonder if these appointments in California are just to avoid confrontations at the local level.
[/quote]
That is a possibility I didn't consider, and may be right ... but still disturbing. Truth shouldn't be sacrificed in the interests of avoiding conflict.

[quote name='Raphael' date='21 April 2010 - 11:27 AM' timestamp='1271870864' post='2097398']
Phatmass' older motto: "Converting Catholics to Catholicism."

Honestly, we need to make a whole ministry of that. It's a great line.
[/quote]
It is a great line, and a necessary endeavor. We all need to be consistently and charitably reminded of the Truth so we can continue to grow in holiness.

Well, that article was certainly a depressing read.

Homosexuality should be celebrated? And then using Paul for the justification. Ugh. Even the devil can quote the Bible.

I don't think much has changed in the Jesuit order. Rev. Adolfo Nicholas, the Superior General is not a raving fan of orthodoxy by any means.
He tried to brush off Rome's concerns about the Jesuit order by telling Pope Benedict ""it saddens us, Holy Father, when the inevitable deficiencies and superficialities of some among us are at times used to dramatize and represent as conflicts and clashes what are only manifestations of limits and human imperfections, or inevitable tensions of everyday life." Gee, I think that is an attempt to blur what is just dissent and disobedience.
The pope for his part reminded the Jesuits to find "that harmony with the magisterium that avoids causing confusion and uncertainty among the People of God." And he asked them to defend Church teaching which is "increasingly under attack from secular culture". And to "adhere completely to the Word of God as well as to the magisterium's charge of conserving the truth and unity of Catholic doctrine in its entirety" . Seems like not much has changed really.
I myself have seen two Jesuits who were quite orthodox who spent most of their priesthoods sidelined simply because they were known to be loyal to Rome. I'm sure there are many other similar stories. The previous pastor of our parish was a former Jesuit who was able to get out of the order altogether. He had no qualms about letting us know what he really thought of them.
One has to wonder just what the "end game" of the Holy See is with respect to the Jesuits? Do they simply plan to let matters take their course until the disloyal ones die off? As things are going that day is growing nearer. But who will be left to pick up the pieces?

S.

Edited by Skinzo

eustace scrubb

Learning these things about the Jesuits has really helped me understand why my city (Cincinnati) is in the state it is... they are extremely influential here. We even have a Jesuit university; Xavier. A liberal friend has told me what they're like and every traditional Catholic I've talked to about it has warned me about them. Such a shame...