An Old School Catholic Message Board

I Just Learned About The

N/A Gone

Interesting.

I think I want to learn more about these miracles. As a protestant I never heard of any of them, but I think they are a giant testimony in a Kantian world.

This convo reminds me of a quote. Silly Eidetic memory.

[quote]"The great argument used now against any theological proposition is not, that it is untrue, or unthinkable, or unedifying, or unscriptural, or unorthodox, but simply, that the modern mind cannot accept it.""
- Ronald Knox[/quote]

Laudate_Dominum

[quote name='Revprodeji' date='27 April 2010 - 10:34 PM' timestamp='1272422077' post='2101337']
Silly Eidetic memory.
[/quote]
I can has? :pray:

Vincent Vega

I don't know that I'd agree with that quote, in regards to our exchange. The Church must be skeptical in matters relating to miracles, lest She be seen as flippant. Like the thread with the angels allegedly singing with Matt Maher or somebody a couple of days ago, if one wants to believe this, I guess I have no problem with it if it edifies him. I don't think it's detrimental, though, to be scrutinizing - particularly with an alleged miracle which is so easily and convincingly explained and reproduced, not unlike the blood of St. Januarius - so that we might not fall into the habit of being too easily convinced.

It as not a shot at you sir. It just reminded me of the quote. I think that our modern mind frame will go to extremely obscene measures to prove something as false. We do not truly use the scientific method (which should observe and remain unbiased). I appreciate the information you gave me, I really do.

L_D, it is not as good as you think it would be. It was great in Greek, but it kills my attention span and work ethic. I get "bored" to the point of anxiety doing the most basic things, even things I crazy enjoy. (Case in point, I am currently writing lesson plans, posting on FB and PM, watching the NBA playoff games, and doing my FUS homework). If I do not keep myself "busy" I get anxious and cannot do anything.

Laudate_Dominum

[quote name='Revprodeji' date='27 April 2010 - 10:50 PM' timestamp='1272423020' post='2101355']
L_D, it is not as good as you think it would be. It was great in Greek, but it kills my attention span and work ethic. I get "bored" to the point of anxiety doing the most basic things, even things I crazy enjoy. (Case in point, I am currently writing lesson plans, posting on FB and PM, watching the NBA playoff games, and doing my FUS homework). If I do not keep myself "busy" I get anxious and cannot do anything.[/quote]
Oh, I see. :shock:

Wow, is it NBA playoff season already?