Jump to content
Join our Facebook Group ×
An Old School Catholic Message Board

A Mosque At Ground Zero. This Is An Outrage. Video


Recommended Posts

Semper Catholic
Posted

Oh hey look another thread turned into an Islam bashing thread by the resident bigots and their fearless leader HCF.

There were Muslims (just regular old, American loving Muslims) who died in the World Trade Center who were victims of this brutal attack just as much as the Christians and Jews who died were.

Islam didn't attack New York, just like Christianity didn't attack Oklahoma City.

As someone who has more right to be pissed off at Muslims then probably anyone on this website, even I can see this.

Nihil Obstat
Posted

[quote name='Semper Catholic' date='08 May 2010 - 11:48 PM' timestamp='1273380492' post='2107493']
Oh hey look another thread turned into an Islam bashing thread by the resident bigots and their fearless leader HCF.

There were Muslims (just regular old, American loving Muslims) who died in the World Trade Center who were victims of this brutal attack just as much as the Christians and Jews who died were.

Islam didn't attack New York, just like Christianity didn't attack Oklahoma City.

As someone who has more right to be pissed off at Muslims then probably anyone on this website, even I can see this.
[/quote]
You have no more right to be angry at Muslims than does any Christian.

Semper Catholic
Posted

[quote name='Nihil Obstat' date='09 May 2010 - 12:00 AM' timestamp='1273381237' post='2107507']
You have no more right to be angry at Muslims than does any Christian.
[/quote]

I have more right because terrorists were shooting at my friends for 6 months at a time.

With that said I hold no ill wills against an entire religion or even its factions. And yet the people around here are pissed off because Muslims make Rush Limbaugh and Glenn Beck angry.

Nihil Obstat
Posted

[quote name='Semper Catholic' date='09 May 2010 - 12:08 AM' timestamp='1273381712' post='2107515']
I have more right because terrorists were shooting at my friends for 6 months at a time.

With that said I hold no ill wills against an entire religion or even its factions. And yet the people around here are pissed off because Muslims make Rush Limbaugh and Glenn Beck angry.
[/quote]
Muslims have killed Christians for many centuries now. We've killed a lot of them too. There's bad blood.

If you have a right to be angry at Muslims, so does all of Christendom.

HisChildForever
Posted

[quote name='Semper Catholic' date='09 May 2010 - 12:48 AM' timestamp='1273380492' post='2107493']
Oh hey look another thread turned into an Islam bashing thread by the resident bigots and their fearless leader HCF.

There were Muslims (just regular old, American loving Muslims) who died in the World Trade Center who were victims of this brutal attack just as much as the Christians and Jews who died were.

Islam didn't attack New York, just like Christianity didn't attack Oklahoma City.

As someone who has more right to be pissed off at Muslims then probably anyone on this website, even I can see this.
[/quote]

I'm a "fearless leader"? Awesome, thanks babe.

Semper Catholic
Posted

@Nihil

LOL no, you don't understand, like we were in Iraq K, and insurgents who practiced Islam like that guy around the corner, was shooting at us trying to kill us personally.

Like not in theory trying to kill us, like, he is actually holding an AK, shooting ammunition at our humvees.

You guys get super mad at Islam when some dummy leaves a truck full of fertilizer in a city hundreds of miles away. I can see past a religion, when a Muslim insurgent blows my friends leg off with an IED. That's what I mean. You tracking?

HisChildForever
Posted

[quote name='Jesus_lol' date='08 May 2010 - 11:12 PM' timestamp='1273374723' post='2107411']
That the muslim community as a whole beleives in the causes of the terrorists (not the religion, the followers of the religion), and that many over here had prior knowledge of the 9/11 attacks.
[/quote]

Jihad is part of Islam. It is the highest rung. All Muslims must believe this.

Nihil Obstat
Posted

[quote name='Semper Catholic' date='09 May 2010 - 12:19 AM' timestamp='1273382399' post='2107527']
@Nihil

LOL no, you don't understand, like we were in Iraq K, and insurgents who practiced Islam like that guy around the corner, was shooting at us trying to kill us personally.

Like not in theory trying to kill us, like, he is actually holding an AK, shooting ammunition at our humvees.

You guys get super mad at Islam when some dummy leaves a truck full of fertilizer in a city hundreds of miles away. I can see past a religion, when a Muslim insurgent blows my friends leg off with an IED. That's what I mean. You tracking?
[/quote]
I realize what you're saying. I know you're a soldier. In my opinion it's irrelevant. You sure do have a right to be angry at Muslims. So does all the rest of Christianity.
That's not related to your soldiering though. Not really. Certainly not in any Catholic or spiritual sense.

Jesus_lol
Posted

[quote name='HisChildForever' date='08 May 2010 - 10:34 PM' timestamp='1273383246' post='2107536']
Jihad is part of Islam. It is the highest rung. All Muslims must believe this.
[/quote]

but they dont all believe this. which is why, when he refers to "Muslims" he is in fact simply wrong. "Islam" would at least make sense, though his posting has too much misplaced rage for me regardless.

Maximilianus
Posted

[quote name='Nihil Obstat' date='09 May 2010 - 02:38 AM' timestamp='1273383514' post='2107537']
I know you're a soldier. [/quote]

Ooh...not good Nihil, you just called a Marine a soldier...

Nihil Obstat
Posted

[quote name='Maximilianus' date='09 May 2010 - 01:17 AM' timestamp='1273385838' post='2107559']
Ooh...not good Nihil, you just called a Marine a soldier...
[/quote]
Military faux pas? :lol:

In my non-military mind, everybody in the armed forces is a soldier.

HisChildForever
Posted

[quote name='Jesus_lol' date='09 May 2010 - 02:01 AM' timestamp='1273384902' post='2107549']
but they dont all believe this. which is why, when he refers to "Muslims" he is in fact simply wrong. "Islam" would at least make sense, though his posting has too much misplaced rage for me regardless.
[/quote]

If they believe in the god of the Qur'an they must.

Jesus_lol
Posted

[quote name='HisChildForever' date='08 May 2010 - 11:23 PM' timestamp='1273386197' post='2107566']
If they believe in the god of the Qur'an they must.
[/quote]

Christianity is a perfect example of how that isnt really true. You might be able to say that "all christians are against contraception", and while perhaps it should be true, it simply isnt.


there is a big difference between "Islam says" and "Muslims are"

Posted (edited)

[quote name='HisChildForever' date='09 May 2010 - 02:23 AM' timestamp='1273386197' post='2107566']
If they believe in the god of the Qur'an they must.
[/quote]


How many times have you read the Qur'an from cover to cover HCF?


Just a question.

One I've asked over and over again and never received a response too.




There are plenty of things I dislike that are sanctioned by mainstream Sunni Islam. The differences between us are
1-I've tried to come to a fair understanding of the faith through careful study and thinking
2-I know enough about Islam to understand the diversity and nuance that exists within it. That speaking seriously of "Islam" as a single, monolithic entity is only something who has little understanding of the faith or culture would do.

Edited by Hassan
Posted

[quote name='Semper Catholic' date='09 May 2010 - 01:19 AM' timestamp='1273382399' post='2107527']
@Nihil

LOL no, you don't understand, like we were in Iraq K, and insurgents who practiced Islam like that guy around the corner, was shooting at us trying to kill us personally.

Like not in theory trying to kill us, like, he is actually holding an AK, shooting ammunition at our humvees.

You guys get super mad at Islam when some dummy leaves a truck full of fertilizer in a city hundreds of miles away. I can see past a religion, when a Muslim insurgent blows my friends leg off with an IED. That's what I mean. You tracking?
[/quote]

Maybe if you left the Marines and spent inordinate amounts of time online conversing with like minded people about how icky Islam is and how awesome your group is and read more books by quacks and bigots, then you would have a greater perspective.

Posted

[quote name='HisChildForever' date='09 May 2010 - 01:14 AM' timestamp='1273382086' post='2107524']
I'm a "fearless leader"? Awesome, thanks babe.
[/quote]


Yes, he seems to think you are a "fearless leader".

Unfortunately, this is different from being a fearless leader. :unsure:

Posted

I'm going to go drink whiskey and finish my writing my thesis proposal and then, finally, be finished with this semester.


Give my love to the kids.

Laudate_Dominum
Posted

[quote name='HisChildForever' date='09 May 2010 - 01:14 AM' timestamp='1273382086' post='2107524']
I'm a "fearless leader"? [b]Awesome, thanks babe[/b].
[/quote]
+1 :lol:

Laudate_Dominum
Posted

I've found the answers. :smokey:

God gave rock and roll to [u]you[/u], gave rock and roll to you.
Gave rock and roll to [u]everyone[/u].
God gave rock and roll to you, gave rock and roll to you.
Put it in the soul of everyone.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1cEdqWZi13I[/media]

Be excellent to each other. Party on.

Posted

[quote name='Laudate_Dominum' date='09 May 2010 - 06:21 AM' timestamp='1273400502' post='2107611']
I've found the answers. :smokey:

God gave rock and roll to [u]you[/u], gave rock and roll to you.
Gave rock and roll to [u]everyone[/u].
God gave rock and roll to you, gave rock and roll to you.
Put it in the soul of everyone.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1cEdqWZi13I[/media]

Be excellent to each other. Party on.
[/quote]
the original latin only says 'many'...not everyone.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...