benedict_x Posted April 14, 2004 Posted April 14, 2004 Ok. So over here in the sunny (and unrepessably hot) island of Singapore, when a boy is 18 years or older he is to be enlisted in the army and they'll have to serve for 2 years. I'm going in next wed, which will be your tues. I'll be gone for about three weeks. And I'm extremely freaking out now...... I am going through depression and I dont think I'm mentaly (or physicaly) ready to enter. I am very very very very very scared..... Please pray for me.
rckllnknny Posted April 14, 2004 Posted April 14, 2004 youre freakin out. good. that means youre NORMAL. if you werent freakin out then there would be a problem -like ignoring and covering up your emotions. God wont give you more than you can handle. trust him and ask for serenity. ill miss ya- keep in touch brother...
immaculata Posted April 14, 2004 Posted April 14, 2004 [quote name='rckllnknny' date='Apr 14 2004, 11:52 AM'] youre freakin out. good. that means youre NORMAL. if you werent freakin out then there would be a problem -like ignoring and covering up your emotions. God wont give you more than you can handle. trust him and ask for serenity. ill miss ya- keep in touch brother... [/quote] :wub: ditto.
benedict_x Posted April 14, 2004 Author Posted April 14, 2004 Thanks guys Really appreciate the support
Paladin D Posted April 14, 2004 Posted April 14, 2004 You're in my prayers man, take care and God speed. That reminds me, I wonder how the Marines would be...
Enda Posted April 14, 2004 Posted April 14, 2004 Wow, Benedict, you mean you can't be exempt from the draft if you have medical problems? Dude that's scary... :ph34r: You'll be in my pryers.
Quietfire Posted April 15, 2004 Posted April 15, 2004 Good luck Ben, We'll all send prayers up to the Big Guy for ya. Think of us while youre in the military. We'll be thinking of you.
GodsThespianChic Posted April 15, 2004 Posted April 15, 2004 I'm praying for ya!! I know how hard that is...well, I've been told! I couldn't do it..
the_rev Posted April 15, 2004 Posted April 15, 2004 Prayers go up! Blessings come down! Hey, I've been told I don't have to even worry about being drafted or ever serving in the army becasue of my health.
benedict_x Posted April 16, 2004 Author Posted April 16, 2004 Thanks everyone! Your support means a lot to me.
Sinner Posted April 16, 2004 Posted April 16, 2004 Wow........ I would be scared too. As above, that would be the norm. But our Lord is not of fear. Praying for you Ben...tomorrows Rosary will have you as a special intention. GODSPEED.
sista2b Posted April 16, 2004 Posted April 16, 2004 my brother is a Marine, so i know a little how you feel. he claims to want to go to war, but i know he's scared too. its been hard on the whole family. You and your family are deff. in my prayers.
mom25angels Posted April 16, 2004 Posted April 16, 2004 praying for you, now. God Bless and keep you safe through the intercession of Our Lady and her most chaste spouse, Amen. (pulled out the "big guns" for you) Sarah
littleflower+JMJ Posted April 16, 2004 Posted April 16, 2004 oh ben! im going to keep you in my prayers always!! :wub: we all wub you so very much!! you can do it! trust in God, and we will be pulling for you too!! :group: God bless and know we all belive in you and love you very, very mcuh! :hearts:
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now