An Old School Catholic Message Board

God Bless You, Nunsense!

OnlySunshine

:lol: @ ramen kiteh

nunsense I pray that this will be a time of great graces, filled with the Holy Spirit, and your Beloved draws you closer to Himself. I pray that anyone who doesn't like you will receive the gift of piety, that the Lord draws them close to His heart, fills them with His love, that they in turn may see Him in you.

AccountDeleted

[quote name='vee8' date='25 May 2010 - 09:51 PM' timestamp='1274788312' post='2117158']
[img]http://www.phatmass.com/phorum/public/style_emoticons/default/lol.gif[/img] @ ramen kiteh

nunsense I pray that this will be a time of great graces, filled with the Holy Spirit, and your Beloved draws you closer to Himself. I pray that anyone who doesn't like you will receive the gift of piety, that the Lord draws them close to His heart, fills them with His love, that they in turn may see Him in you.
[/quote]

What can I say? I don't know how to express all the joy that I feel in being able to do this again, and in having so many kind people offer words of support at this time.

As I finish off the packing, my sister keeps asking me how I feel and hugging me - I am truly blessed by God's goodness in my life. Nothing else matters right now.

Thank you for your kind words.

:blowkiss:

Dear Nunsense, I wanted to send this privately, but the message system doesn't work for me for some reason...

I think you can in fact report someone to the mods with name and email alone, I'm pretty sure they have that info. You should not have to put up any kind of harassment from a phorum member. Blessings on your visit to Carmel...

*HUGS* nunsense!!! I am so happy for you and will be keeping you in my prayers!!!

The BEST of luck to you, and may God bless you ABUNDANTLY, and His loving Mother cover you with her mantle!

[quote name='nunsense' date='25 May 2010 - 03:36 AM' timestamp='1274773000' post='2117140']
Yes, I am aware that I have obviously hurt her, but I did think at the time that we were discussing theological issues via email and she took offence at my difference of opinion and closed all contact. So to hear back from her again in such a negative way and commenting on what she thought would make me fail in my discernment was just a bit disturbing since it had nothing to do with our theological difference of opinion and was an attack on me personally. But you are right in that I need to maker reparation to God for the unintended offence. It is such a good example of needing to 'put love where there is no love' and I have never been really good at that. My lessons are starting before I even get into the convent! :)

[/quote]

Honestly, I agree with what everyone else said regarding this -- this person is only to be pitied, and you shouldn't take anything they have said personally or seriously. It's very strange, not to mention completely uncharitable, for someone to do that to you. Be at peace! The Lord is with you, and perhaps the devil is using this to try and put doubts in your head, and lead you away from God's will.

You are a beautiful soul, every one of us can see that from your posts here on PM! God has wonderful plans for you, and you will make a beautiful religious!

So don't worry about the "wiles and snares" of the enemy that come on your path - God is guiding you; and rest assured that we also are all praying for you, too!!!

AccountDeleted

[quote name='jumpfrog' date='25 May 2010 - 10:29 PM' timestamp='1274790569' post='2117166']
Dear Nunsense, I wanted to send this privately, but the message system doesn't work for me for some reason...

I think you can in fact report someone to the mods with name and email alone, I'm pretty sure they have that info. You should not have to put up any kind of harassment from a phorum member. Blessings on your visit to Carmel...
[/quote]

[quote name='CherieMadame' date='25 May 2010 - 10:37 PM' timestamp='1274791034' post='2117167']
*HUGS* nunsense!!! I am so happy for you and will be keeping you in my prayers!!!

The BEST of luck to you, and may God bless you ABUNDANTLY, and His loving Mother cover you with her mantle!

Honestly, I agree with what everyone else said regarding this -- this person is only to be pitied, and you shouldn't take anything they have said personally or seriously. It's very strange, not to mention completely uncharitable, for someone to do that to you. Be at peace! The Lord is with you, and perhaps the devil is using this to try and put doubts in your head, and lead you away from God's will.

You are a beautiful soul, every one of us can see that from your posts here on PM! God has wonderful plans for you, and you will make a beautiful religious!

So don't worry about the "wiles and snares" of the enemy that come on your path - God is guiding you; and rest assured that we also are all praying for you, too!!!
[/quote]

It is 11pm and I am taking a quick break from packing - nearly ready now with only a few things left to do. Then it's time for prayer and sleep before tomorrow's early flight.

Jumpfrog -- Thank you. I turned off all the PM and comments and other features so that I wouldn't be getting messages while I am away. I have decided to entrust her to the care of some 'prayer warrior' friends of mine so that I don't have to focus on her any more right now. Of course I will pray for her healing, but I really need to focus on what is in front of me right now so I am not going to carry things any further. When I come back, hopefully she will have found something else to focus on by then. Please pray for her.

---

CherieMadame - It is funny how the evil one want tries to disrupt things at the last moment, but I am sure that the prayers of all of you have put him to rout!

I got a phone call from the convent tonight and they said that an elderly sister (90 years old) had some slight medical problems today, so could I ask all of you to say prayers for her - God will know who she is. Apparently she is doing okay now, so that is good. And all is on track for my visit, so it was good to hear that as well.

I am not going to think about anything now except this wonderful opportunity. See you all in September! Don't forget me [img]http://www.phatmass.com/phorum/public/style_emoticons/default/smile.gif[/img]

[img]http://www.phatmass.com/phorum/public/style_emoticons/default/blowkiss.gif[/img]

laetitia crucis
:blowkiss:

I will miss you, nunsense!

Prayers for a safe flight and a most blessed live-in!

:sign:

We won't forget you. :) You have been a charitable and wonderfully kind addition to the phorum. We'll be praying for you and for the elderly sister with her medical problems.

IgnatiusofLoyola

I feel so bad for Nunsense! I tried to go to bed a little earlier last night, so I missed her posts about the person who is bothering her on the Internet. I think that those of you who said to tear up the person's "suggestions" and rely on the SD and the Nuns at Carmel to give her things to work on during her live-in. But, all of you gave her very good answers--so you didn't really need my 2 cents, which would have said the same thing! I was also pleased to see that Nunsense is leaving her detractor to her "prayer warrior" friends and Jesus, so she can concentrate on more important things.

I know that the mods can block harassing members, but fortunately or unfortunately, non-members can read the posts in Vocation Station. Personally, I think it's a very good thing overall that visitors can read Vocation Station posts, because I suspect I'm not the only one who "found" Phatmass through links to Vocation Station. In the end, it's better to keep it open for the 99 visitors benefit from and enjoy Vocation Station, and may decide to join us, than be afraid of one person who is using it in a way we didn't intend.

I don't know if the mods can track visitors to the site. My guess is that the only information for visitors they get is IP addresses, which may or may not be enough to identify people who misuse what they read online.

Well, one of the safest places to be is Carmel, so for three months, Nunsense can concentrate on God, and not on someone in the world who is trying to keep her from being happy. I was very pleased to hear from her post(s) that she and her sister seem to be close, so that Nunsense will be able to enter in a good frame of mind, thinking of her sister who loves her and is watching over "things in the world," so she can concentrate on God.

Edited by IgnatiusofLoyola

organwerke

Hi nunsense!
I'm really sorry for you and for what's happened.
Unfortunately Internet sometimes is really dangerous...especially because I think that it can increase obsessions and strange behaviours from those who are already in an altered state of mind.
But, if she called your SD, don't you know her name or who is she?
I would advice to you to print her e-mails, and, in case this thing becomes worst, you could eventually think to go to the police. I don't know how things work in Australia, but I guess that like in my country, it exists a Mail Police that controls also Internet, because, you know, also in Internet offences can be done and they can be legally persecuted, especially when, as in this case, this person has stalked you also outside Internet, calling your Sd etc.
Even in Internet, a person is never out of the law, and every one is responsible for his own behaviour.
Anyway, I imagine that it is really hard for you to live this situation just in these days, but I am also sure that it would be easier to you to forget this story when will you be in the Monastery, because, as I have experienced myself, when a person takes the distances form the Net things like this become less important!
Sorry I can't do anything more than this, but I have to go to the Rosary in my church now...!!!
You can be sure I will pray especially for you!!
Blessings

By His Grace Alone

I am so very thrilled that you are going on a live-in and I pray that you will find the peace you so richly deserve! You know that I only wish the very best for you! I cannot imagine anyone giving you a hard time about anything. I have to differ with you on her motivations; she doesn't mean anything in your best interests at all. People like her only mean to hurt and harm. They care about no one and nothing but themselves. Hopefully she will get the psychiatric help she so desperately needs, but I doubt it. She sounds like one of those who blame everything on everyone else. They are just mentally sick. The times I have spoken to you on the phone and when I visited you at Wolverhampton, you were the epitome of grace, compassion and consideration. As others have said here though, there are a lot of nut cases and whackos out there, and unfortunately they use the internet to feed their sick obsessions. Apparently, your stalker is one of these sick parasites who has lacked onto you. I will pray that she disappears back into the woodwork from whence she came.

Anyway, I have been meaning to write to you for sometime now, but have been swamped. I will be deploying to Afghanistan before the end of June for awhile. Nothing like a combat zone to clear ones head and provide focus! LOL. Seriously, I would tell you more, but would rather not do so on this forum. You have my email, so I do so hope to hear from you once again either before you leave or after you return. Please remember me in your prayers!! It goes without saying that I remember you in mine. God's speed! Your sister in Christ...............

[quote name='nunsense' date='24 May 2010 - 11:42 PM' timestamp='1274755358' post='2116953']
Ha - a thread to wish me well - how sweet are you guys? Thank you so much. Yes, I will pray for you MM, please remember me too. :pray:

This is especially nice since I just received an email from someone who doesn't like me very much and who very charitably wrote me a list of all my faults and sins before I leave, so that I will be able to work on these while I am in Carmel. :)

I do sometimes seem to inspire quite strong feelings of dislike in some people, so perhaps this person is right, I am not quite sure though if some of her complaints aren't just her own issues. She previously told me she would never write to me again because I said something in an email that offended her - she told me she was going to erase my email address from her contacts and block all future emails, so I was a bit surprised to get her message now, on the eve of my departure. I can only assume that she means it all in my own best interests, so I will print out her list and take it with me to see if God can help me work on all the things that she has observed in me. I wrote back to thank her for her wishes for my discernment.

This is one of the reasons though that I don't want to reveal which community I am visiting right now. I have had some people who could almost be called internet 'stalkers' because they seem obsessed with me and what I am doing. This particular person has even threatened to phone my SD to tell him how horrible I am (though she doesn't know him or me personally) and a few years ago she phoned a Prioress about me to discuss my possible vocation to Carmel without asking my permission first. It felt very weird. It's things like this that make me cautious about how much I reveal online these days.

The good thing is that there are so many wonderful and kind people here on phatmass as well, and this thread just restores my good feelings. So bless all of you for your kindness.

And now to share something with all of you - my niece just sent me this lol_cat for a bon voyage wish. The poor kitty does not look happy so I hope she wasn't too traumatized by what they did to her and I would hate for anyone to take offence and to write me nasty emails about animal cruelty - please don't. I have had cats that don't mind what you do to them and some who love being in tight spaces, but not all are the same. I like to think that this kitty is saying "go away with your camera, this is my space" and not "help me please, I am being tortured".

[img]http://i860.photobucket.com/albums/ab166/nunsense/phatmass%20photos/funny-pictures-cat-is-ramen.jpg[/img]

Anyway, thank you all -- I have to get back to packing and sorting now. I am leaving a lot of things at my sister's house, but there is always last minute stuff to do.....

[img]http://www.phatmass.com/phorum/public/style_emoticons/default/juggle.gif[/img]

Much love to all in Our Lord and Our Beloved, Jesus.
[/quote]

Nunsense

I just wanted to let you know that all the posts that I have read from you were top class, conveying the truth without compromise, yet in a charitable manner. I will pray for you as you journey to Mt. Carmel. If God calls you to this beautiful state of life, you should put your focus on Him and not worry too much.

I wish you much luck and the blessing of God,
Ben

brandelynmarie
:sign: Peace be with you on your journey. The only thing I would pay attention to is if certain accusations from this person have been spoken about before by others more charitably & kindly. When I hear repeat complaints, I try to pay closer attention. But if there aren't any, definitely let it all go. :saint: Peace!