An Old School Catholic Message Board

How Long Is Your Thanksgiving After Mass?

sacredheartandbloodofjesus

24 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

fides quarens intellectum

[quote name='zunshynn' date='27 May 2010 - 07:20 PM' timestamp='1275006036' post='2119438']
I try to make praying for them part of my thankgsgiving, and that helps me.
[/quote]

ooh - very good idea - thanks!

[quote name='zunshynn' date='27 May 2010 - 07:20 PM' timestamp='1275006036' post='2119438']
but my home parish tends to get really loud. Like people will stand right behind where someone is sitting trying to pray and carry on a 20-minute conversation! There's also alot of running around... Sometimes it's just saddening to see. I try to make praying for them part of my thankgsgiving, and that helps me.
[/quote]

I can relate to this! I used to be one of those people who was itching to leave, or at least talk after Mass. Now I sit and pray for five mins and include prayers for those noisy people around me too. I like saying this prayer of Aquinas and hope others will too. [url="http://www.ewtn.com/devotionals/prayers/AQUINAS.htm"]http://www.ewtn.com/...ers/AQUINAS.htm[/url]

SaintOfVirtue

Honestly, I spend about fifteen minutes in church after mass, but only about two minutes is prayer. The rest is Altar Server duties of setting up for the next mass and then closing up the gift shop. Most the time I'm just not in a state of mind to sit and force myself to mediate, and what I mean by that is that I try to mediate throughout the mass so by the end I am normally exhausted intellectually speaking.

I normally make a concerted effort to go to adoration for the full hour it's offered. But because the question was "after mass" meaning "directly after mass" I voted 1-2min.

LouisvilleFan

[quote name='dominicansoul' date='29 May 2010 - 04:48 AM' timestamp='1275119310' post='2120074']
its not the quantity....but the quality of time...
[/quote]

Amen. The first time you pause after Mass to adore Him -- even for five seconds -- must cause more joy in Heaven than an additional five or ten minutes by those who are already justified.

That said, those of us who take time to adore Christ after Mass have a responsibility to sincerely offer heartfelt prayer for those who fail to attend Mass, leave early, or leave immediately following Mass.