Jump to content
Join our Facebook Group ×
An Old School Catholic Message Board

Finding Huge Spiders Everywhere


Recommended Posts

cmotherofpirl
Posted

[quote name='Marie-Therese' date='01 June 2010 - 06:26 PM' timestamp='1275427612' post='2122292']
CMom, did you name him? :lol:

I do everything I can to avoid killing anything, especially spiders. They are very good to have around. The only time I will kill a spider is in the case of black widows or recluses, both of which are indigenous to my area. My brother was bitten twice on his right foot by a black widow last summer. He found a HUGE infestation in his back yard. Those are the only cases (outside something unavoidable) where I will kill a spider intentionally.

The only things I can say I kill without regret are roaches, houseflies, ants, and mosquitoes.
[/quote]
I named him Wolfie of course :))

I try not to kill anything, but sometimes you just can't catch the darn things and they have to go, its usally the big wolfies in the cellar that meet their maker. I had one drop one my bed from the ceiling and I think they heard that yell in the next county. We have white house spiders in the ceiling corners and we have agreed to ignor each other. Its not worth dragging a ladder out only to have them scamper out of reach every time.
The porch spiders that make the large webs from the roof are also ignored, they are the first line of defense against misquitoes, as are the daddy-long-legs who really are not spiders but harvesters who can't bite you.

Sternhauser
Posted

Wolf spiders in particular are known to give people a nearly lethal case of the jibbly-jibblies.

~Sternhauser

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...