An Old School Catholic Message Board

Going On 8 Day Silent Retreat, Will Pray For Your Special Intentions

the_rev

As part of my summer assignment I will be making an 8 day Ignatian silent retreat, beginning tomorrow night. I thought that I would offer to pray for any special intentions that you may have. I'd be more than willing to do this. You can either post them on this thread, send them via private message or email mariandevotion@gmail.com

Please pray for me and know that you too will be in my prayers.

Post them by 4:00 tomorrow afternoon, I will then write them down before dinner.

Also, if you send me an email, please let me know via this thread, that way I'll know for sure to check that account.

Edited by the_rev

AccountDeleted

[quote name='the_rev' date='04 June 2010 - 11:33 AM' timestamp='1275615238' post='2123435']
As part of my summer assignment I will be making an 8 day Ignatian silent retreat, beginning tomorrow night. I thought that I would offer to pray for any special intentions that you may have. I'd be more than willing to do this. You can either post them on this thread, send them via private message or email mariandevotion@gmail.com

Please pray for me and know that you too will be in my prayers.

Post them by 4:00 tomorrow afternoon, I will then write them down before dinner.

Also, if you send me an email, please let me know via this thread, that way I'll know for sure to check that account.
[/quote]

Dear Rev - I would greatly appreciate your prayers. I have been living in the guest flat at a Carmelite monastery for the past 9 days and tomorrow I enter the enclosure for a 12 weeks live-in visit in anticipation of entering as a postulant. I love these sisters already and ask that you pray for me to be accepted for entry here, if that is God's will for me. As this is my last day outside for awhile, I have been given permission today catch up with friends and family, so naturally I thought of my phatmass phamily and phriends too. Thank you so much. :pray:

Please keep my (ex-)boyfriend and I in your prayers. He is discerning religious life even though we are still deeply in love, and we are trying to find holiness amidst the craziness. We have been fasting from talking to one another while he is at home for 4 weeks, and he returns on Monday. Please pray that I might have the grace to accept wherever God leads us.

Thank you and have a splendid retreat! I'm jealous! :)

OnlySunshine

Please pray for my discernment in religious life to the Dominican community I am discerning with. I am planning a visit in the fall and I am really excited about it. :)

Also, please pray for my grandmother who I am extremely close to. I found out yesterday that she has endometrial cancer. The doctor did a hysterectomy, but I am not certain if she will need radiation as well or if it metastasized. :sadder: I'm posting this in prayer intentions as well.

Thank you for your prayers. God bless.

Please keep my summer in your prayers as I didn't get the job as a camp counselor at a Catholic camp I was expecting and just feel lonely and cut off from deep relationships with Catholics and feel a little bit of a lack of direction/ motiviation. Also for my vocational discernment. Thanks!

brightsadness

Please pray for my family, the Basilian Nuns, and me as I prepare to enter. Prayers for your retreat.

I don't think of any specific requests for myself but I will be praying for you. An eight day Ignatian retreat sounds fantastic!

Just wanted to let everyone know that I went through the first batch of prayer requests from the phorum either left on the thread or by private message and also the ones sent via email. I'll keep you all in prayer for sure and will offer prayers during the daily holy hour(s). It is is humbling the requests you have sent, and I thank you so much for sharing the desires of your heart. I also appreciate your thoughts and prayers. I am really looking forward to this silent retreat and the rest of the summer. Please pray for me as I continue to pursue my priestly studies. Also feel free to continue to post intentions for a few more hours.