Winchester Posted June 5, 2010 Posted June 5, 2010 [quote name='Nihil Obstat' date='05 June 2010 - 12:54 PM' timestamp='1275756855' post='2124104'] I'll be your second! [/quote] FISTBUMP
Laudate_Dominum Posted June 5, 2010 Posted June 5, 2010 diss me, fine. diss phatmass and I'll rip your stinkin' hat off.
homeschoolmom Posted June 6, 2010 Posted June 6, 2010 [quote name='Laudate_Dominum' date='05 June 2010 - 04:50 PM' timestamp='1275771011' post='2124199'] Why were those movie threads hidden or deleted? They come up in a Google search but the topic id's are no longer valid. Who actually made them and what were they about? The quotes on the review make them sounds like spam. [/quote] [quote name='Sternhauser' date='05 June 2010 - 04:51 PM' timestamp='1275771069' post='2124200'] It was a European spammer. I called him on it. ~Sternhauser [/quote] Yes, there were three such movie spams this morning-- Get Him to the Greek, Killers and Splice. They were SPAM. They were reported and I deleted them within an hour of being reported. The poster was banned. If they want to ding us for being SPAMMED, well then... Dust-- you should point this out in your letter.
MIKolbe Posted June 6, 2010 Posted June 6, 2010 [quote name='Winchester' date='05 June 2010 - 07:48 PM' timestamp='1275781705' post='2124274'] FISTBUMP [/quote] get a room, you 2...
KnightofChrist Posted June 6, 2010 Posted June 6, 2010 First it was a dancing elf, now spam?!?!? lulz. [img]http://i47.tinypic.com/vorhj5.gif[/img]
homeschoolmom Posted June 6, 2010 Posted June 6, 2010 I have to admit, I thought this was an old thread from back in the elf-gate days.
jeffpugh Posted June 6, 2010 Posted June 6, 2010 [quote name='homeschoolmom' date='05 June 2010 - 08:06 PM' timestamp='1275782816' post='2124285'] Yes, there were three such movie spams this morning-- Get Him to the Greek, Killers and Splice. They were SPAM. They were reported and I deleted them within an hour of being reported. The poster was banned. If they want to ding us for being SPAMMED, well then... Dust-- you should point this out in your letter. [/quote] If I remember correctly, didn't a site nail us last year with a low rating because of "spam"?? And why--of all places--do they happen to rate us on the entertainment board, eh? [quote name='KnightofChrist' date='05 June 2010 - 09:04 PM' timestamp='1275786259' post='2124315'] First it was a dancing elf, now spam?!?!? lulz. [img]http://i47.tinypic.com/vorhj5.gif[/img] [/quote] Ja[i][/i]ime??
penguin31 Posted June 6, 2010 Posted June 6, 2010 (edited) Maybe they simply meant to rank the site as golden, but messed up somehow. Yeah, that's it. Golden. Edited June 6, 2010 by penguin31
jeffpugh Posted June 6, 2010 Posted June 6, 2010 [quote name='penguin31' date='05 June 2010 - 10:27 PM' timestamp='1275791276' post='2124395'] Maybe they simply meant to rank the site as golden, but messed up somehow. Yeah, that's it. Golden. [/quote] Win. All in favour for golden, say Jai[u][/u]me!
morostheos Posted June 6, 2010 Posted June 6, 2010 [quote name='Sacred Music Man' date='05 June 2010 - 11:44 PM' timestamp='1275792293' post='2124413'] Win. All in favour for golden, say Jai[u][/u]me! [/quote] Most definitely golden!!
goldenchild17 Posted June 6, 2010 Posted June 6, 2010 [quote name='Sacred Music Man' date='05 June 2010 - 08:44 PM' timestamp='1275792293' post='2124413'] Win. All in favour for golden, say Jai[u][/u]me! [/quote] works for me
Thy Geekdom Come Posted June 6, 2010 Posted June 6, 2010 [quote name='homeschoolmom' date='05 June 2010 - 08:06 PM' timestamp='1275782816' post='2124285'] Yes, there were three such movie spams this morning-- Get Him to the Greek, Killers and Splice. They were SPAM. They were reported and I deleted them within an hour of being reported. The poster was banned. If they want to ding us for being SPAMMED, well then... Dust-- you should point this out in your letter. [/quote] Seriously? LAME! Moderator, please move Catholic Culture to the lame board. All your site review are belong to us.
Ed Normile Posted June 6, 2010 Posted June 6, 2010 Of course Phatmass is yellow, yellow like Gold. ed
Bennn Posted June 6, 2010 Posted June 6, 2010 [quote name='Ed Normile' date='06 June 2010 - 07:45 AM' timestamp='1275803106' post='2124491'] Of course Phatmass is yellow, yellow like Gold. ed [/quote] This thread is very therapeutical. I rate it green, because I can. [img]http://www.phatmass.com/phorum/public/style_emoticons/default/mellow.gif[/img] +Pax Domini, Ben
Archaeology cat Posted June 6, 2010 Posted June 6, 2010 [quote name='Sternhauser' date='05 June 2010 - 10:21 PM' timestamp='1275772913' post='2124211'] He had yellow eyes! So help me, [i]yellow eyes! ~Sternhauser [/i] [/quote] I have a yellow ring in one eye. Must be because of hanging out on Phatmass so much. [quote name='Winchester' date='06 June 2010 - 12:44 AM' timestamp='1275781489' post='2124272'] Phatmass turned me into a newt! [/quote]
BG45 Posted June 6, 2010 Posted June 6, 2010 [quote name='IgnatiusofLoyola' date='05 June 2010 - 02:15 PM' timestamp='1275761721' post='2124135'] Apparently CatholicCulture doesn't think people "like me" should be allowed to post. It's a strange feeling. This, despite the fact that, to the best of my memory, in all my posts I have been respectful of Catholic beliefs and teachings. And, sometimes I'm nice, and once in awhile I'm funny. The Catholic Church would welcome me at Mass, as long as I didn't take communion, and was not disruptive to others. Why would a Catholic forum have a more restrictive policy than the Church itself? [/quote] If it helps, CatholicCulture apparently thinks I should have never been brought into the Catholic faith...after all, this site was a major player in that, I wasn't a Catholic until the first day of my second year on this board. I don't think a board should have a more restrictive policy than the Church, at least that's my personal opinion. As for who CC is? The only other time I've heard of them is the last time they threatened Phatmass with a bad rating.
Thy Geekdom Come Posted June 6, 2010 Posted June 6, 2010 When Catholic Culture's Site Reviews come a'knockin' Homer: [answering the door] Who is it? Voice: Goons. Homer: Who? Voice: Hired goons. Homer: Hired goons? [opens the door] Goons: [take Homer roughly away]
MIKolbe Posted June 6, 2010 Posted June 6, 2010 I find it interesting that they say "Some people may find the Catholic hip-hop irreverent but we are not reviewing the music." Irreverent? really? I wonder how many tracks they listened to in order to come to this conclusion......has someone told them it was irreverent? how many tracks has *this* person listened to? and if it is important enough to mention as irreverent; is it not also important enough to do a rudimentary amount of fact/opinion checking? And why would you even mention what 'some people might find'? That's a coward's way to put something down without REALLY putting it down... Where do they say, 'Some people might find it uplifting, with some dope beats; bringing an orthodox message to those who have never, and perhaps would never have heard it. Maybe some people might find CC to be a joke, but I'm not addressing that.
HisChildForever Posted June 6, 2010 Posted June 6, 2010 They will probably tack on another "weakness" - criticizing a fellow Catholic site - if they ever see this thread.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now