An Old School Catholic Message Board

Laboure Society

LaboureSociety

LaboureSociety

Greetings in Christ Dear phatmass VS'ers!

Just wanted to let everyone know that we've begun posting regular updates at the following locations:

Facebook: Labouré Society, Group
Labouré Society, Fan Page

Twitter: labouresociety

I know its exciting to see where people are from and where they're entering, so we attempt to include that information. More features and details, including pictures, will be forthcoming at those locations.

Blessings in Jesus & Mary,
Labouré Sociey Admin

[url="http://www.labouresociety.org"]www.labouresociety.org[/url]

LaboureSociety

Thanks for the support!

Oh, and for anyone, who doesn't know about us: We're a nonprofit that 'fosters priestly and religious vocations through student loan resolution.' If this is you, please feel free to contact us! [url="http://www.labouresociety.org"]www.labouresociety.org[/url]

DevotedtoHim

Does anybody know if this society only helps people with student loans? :detective: What if someone has bills incurred because an injury, or taking care of a parent, or something like that? I know there are a lot of us out here who don't have insurance. One problem can put someone into serious debt and there goes the vocation. I really hope it's not just student loans.

Katherine

LaboureSociety

[quote name='DevotedtoHim' date='09 June 2010 - 02:08 PM' timestamp='1276110489' post='2126400']
Does anybody know if this society only helps people with student loans? [img]http://www.phatmass.com/phorum/public/style_emoticons/default/detective.gif[/img] What if someone has bills incurred because an injury, or taking care of a parent, or something like that? I know there are a lot of us out here who don't have insurance. One problem can put someone into serious debt and there goes the vocation. I really hope it's not just student loans.

Katherine
[/quote]

Hi Katherine. :-) We are open to assisting with other serious needs such as you describe. What we don't do is repay debt incurred from imprudent spending. Thanks for your question!

I should add, if someone has had a serious and proven change of habit regarding spending that they previously struggled with e.g. as a young person, that doesn't necessarily preclude them from receiving funds from donors so that they can enter formation for priestly or religious life, but this is a special exception.

Edited by LaboureSociety

[quote name='LaboureSociety' date='09 June 2010 - 04:20 PM' timestamp='1276111219' post='2126408']
Hi Katherine. :-) We are open to assisting with other serious needs such as you describe. What we don't do is repay debt incurred from imprudent spending. Thanks for your question!

I should add, if someone has had a serious and proven change of habit regarding spending that they previously struggled with e.g. as a young person, that doesn't necessarily preclude them from receiving funds from donors so that they can enter formation for priestly or religious life, but this is a special exception.
[/quote]
It's great to see The Laboure Society here on Phatmass Vocation Station. I know of two Phatmassers who have already been helped and are in formation. Good work Laboure. My prayers are with you.

Piccoli Fiori JMJ

[quote name='LaboureSociety' date='09 June 2010 - 01:56 PM' timestamp='1276109794' post='2126394']
Thanks for the support!

Oh, and for anyone, who doesn't know about us: We're a nonprofit that 'fosters priestly and religious vocations through student loan resolution.' If this is you, please feel free to contact us! [url="http://www.labouresociety.org"]www.labouresociety.org[/url]
[/quote]
I will be doing just that very soon!

brightsadness

[quote name='LaboureSociety' date='09 June 2010 - 11:56 AM' timestamp='1276109794' post='2126394']
Thanks for the support!

[/quote]

You are so totally in my prayesr!! I can't bear that any of my sistesr or brothers should not have the opporunity to try their vocation.

Anya

[quote name='brightsadness' date='12 June 2010 - 04:25 PM' timestamp='1276370706' post='2127774']
You are so totally in my prayesr!! I can't bear that any of my sistesr or brothers should not have the opporunity to try their vocation.

Anya
[/quote]
I just want to add my thanks to you, Laboure Society, and assure you of my prayers. I have had occasion to speak with Mr. Cy Laurent, your Executive Director...he is a true Catholic gentleman!!!

Pax,
Osap

LaboureSociety

[quote name='osapientia' date='12 June 2010 - 04:42 PM' timestamp='1276378962' post='2127814']
I just want to add my thanks to you, Laboure Society, and assure you of my prayers. I have had occasion to speak with Mr. Cy Laurent, your Executive Director...he is a true Catholic gentleman!!!

Pax,
Osap
[/quote]

+

I can't thank you enough for all your prayers and I'll look forward to talking with any of you, anytime!

Cy is my boss and co-worker and my goodness how Our Lord will hug him in Heaven when he arrives! If ever have I encountered a man with such reliance on the Holy Spirit! This has been a lay apostolate that he founded through God's providence and his fidelity to assisting young discerners has been simply remarkable.

I can't thank you enough for all your prayers and I'll look forward to talking with any of you, anytime!

p.s. If anyone wants to read the newsletter, I think it's pretty inspiring. :)

Online at: http://www.labouresociety.org/NL_Archives.htm
Or, contact us and we'll snail mail it to you free of charge (sent 3 times a year): www.labouresociety.org

[quote name='LaboureSociety' date='14 June 2010 - 12:31 PM' timestamp='1276529464' post='2128528']
+

Cy is my boss and co-worker and my goodness how Our Lord will hug him in Heaven when he arrives! If ever have I encountered a man with such reliance on the Holy Spirit! This has been a lay apostolate that he founded through God's providence and his fidelity to assisting young discerners has been simply remarkable.

p.s. If anyone wants to read the newsletter, I think it's pretty inspiring. :)

Online at: http://www.labouresociety.org/NL_Archives.htm
Or, contact us and we'll snail mail it to you free of charge (sent 3 times a year): www.labouresociety.org
[/quote]

I say you and I start an inaugural chapter of the "Cy Laurent Fan Club". What a boss you have!!!!!!!!!!!!!