An Old School Catholic Message Board

My Current Occupation

melporcristo

Thomist-in-Training

[quote name='melporcristo' date='15 June 2010 - 10:15 PM' timestamp='1276654548' post='2129601']
+JMJT+

This last week or so has been very interesting.

:sadder: :sadder:

My little sister, 21, told me last week that she's pregnant. Her baby, God willing, will be due while I am gone. She is unwed but the father is a very responsible person and we couldn't have asked for a better father of the baby.

But it has been a hard past 2 days for my family and I.
[/quote]

:kiss:

I will say some Hail Marys for your family.

laetitia crucis

[quote name='melporcristo' date='15 June 2010 - 10:15 PM' timestamp='1276654548' post='2129601']
+JMJT+

This last week or so has been very interesting.

:sadder: :sadder:

My little sister, 21, told me last week that she's pregnant. Her baby, God willing, will be due while I am gone. She is unwed but the father is a very responsible person and we couldn't have asked for a better father of the baby.

But it has been a hard past 2 days for my family and I.
[/quote]

I will be praying for you and your family, Melissa! :sign:

melporcristo

+JMJT+

Thank you very much for the prayers. Also pray I am able to speak with Sister soon. Thank you Pham :sadder:

Belongs2Jesus

[size="3"]Oddly enough, I’m in a similar situation to Melporcristo (working part-time at a job that is high-stress and not in line with my original occupation) and BrightSadness (helping a sibling watch her young, energetic children).

I really appreciate [b]EVERY[/b]thing that’s been posted here and couldn’t help but smile and nod as I read everyone’s comments.

As much as it doesn’t [b]FEEL[/b] like something to be thankful for, I remind myself that these are precisely the situations/people for which I need to thank God ~ for they help me to see my weaknesses, struggle against them, and try to find the gift that God is giving me through them. One dear friend has reminded me that being in a high-level extrovert job (and/or taking care of two small children) is, of course, going to be more difficult and stressful for a high-level introvert who loves a more contemplative life. So this requires me to [b]MAKE[/b] time, either in my commute, during the day, or at night, for ‘quiet time’ with God. And there [b]ARE[/b] moments in which God gives me the grace to see why He’s put me here now ~ and to see clearly the beauty and joy of this period in my life. My guess is that in a few years, I’ll look back and remember this time with much gratitude.

There’s no doubt in my mind, Melporcristo and BrightSadness, that you are both touching the lives of your family members in a deep and positive way. Your love for God and total dedication to Him cannot but help flow into your interactions with your co-workers, siblings, and nephews/nieces (yes, even when you’re stressed or overwhelmed). You’re creating a kind of ‘legacy-of-love’ in which they will be able to remember you after you’ve settled into your monasteries. It is all, as St. Therese says, pure gift.

My prayers are with you both, and with your young sister, Melporcristo. May the Will of Jesus and Mary be fulfilled in her life.

[/size]

melporcristo

[quote name='Belongs2Jesus' date='16 June 2010 - 02:47 PM' timestamp='1276721267' post='2130050']
[size="3"]Oddly enough, I’m in a similar situation to Melporcristo (working part-time at a job that is high-stress and not in line with my original occupation) and BrightSadness (helping a sibling watch her young, energetic children).

I really appreciate [b]EVERY[/b]thing that’s been posted here and couldn’t help but smile and nod as I read everyone’s comments.

As much as it doesn’t [b]FEEL[/b] like something to be thankful for, I remind myself that these are precisely the situations/people for which I need to thank God ~ for they help me to see my weaknesses, struggle against them, and try to find the gift that God is giving me through them. One dear friend has reminded me that being in a high-level extrovert job (and/or taking care of two small children) is, of course, going to be more difficult and stressful for a high-level introvert who loves a more contemplative life. So this requires me to [b]MAKE[/b] time, either in my commute, during the day, or at night, for ‘quiet time’ with God. And there [b]ARE[/b] moments in which God gives me the grace to see why He’s put me here now ~ and to see clearly the beauty and joy of this period in my life. My guess is that in a few years, I’ll look back and remember this time with much gratitude.

There’s no doubt in my mind, Melporcristo and BrightSadness, that you are both touching the lives of your family members in a deep and positive way. Your love for God and total dedication to Him cannot but help flow into your interactions with your co-workers, siblings, and nephews/nieces (yes, even when you’re stressed or overwhelmed). You’re creating a kind of ‘legacy-of-love’ in which they will be able to remember you after you’ve settled into your monasteries. It is all, as St. Therese says, pure gift.

My prayers are with you both, and with your young sister, Melporcristo. May the Will of Jesus and Mary be fulfilled in her life.

[/size]
[/quote]

Thank you so much!!!

God will make it all work out :) How great is He who is Love and Mercy!!!

Mary Veronica

[quote name='Belongs2Jesus' date='16 June 2010 - 04:47 PM' timestamp='1276721267' post='2130050']
[size="3"]Oddly enough, I'm in a similar situation to Melporcristo (working part-time at a job that is high-stress and not in line with my original occupation) and BrightSadness (helping a sibling watch her young, energetic children).

I really appreciate [b]EVERY[/b]thing that's been posted here and couldn't help but smile and nod as I read everyone's comments.

As much as it doesn't [b]FEEL[/b] like something to be thankful for, I remind myself that these are precisely the situations/people for which I need to thank God ~ for they help me to see my weaknesses, struggle against them, and try to find the gift that God is giving me through them. One dear friend has reminded me that being in a high-level extrovert job (and/or taking care of two small children) is, of course, going to be more difficult and stressful for a high-level introvert who loves a more contemplative life. So this requires me to [b]MAKE[/b] time, either in my commute, during the day, or at night, for 'quiet time' with God. And there [b]ARE[/b] moments in which God gives me the grace to see why He's put me here now ~ and to see clearly the beauty and joy of this period in my life. My guess is that in a few years, I'll look back and remember this time with much gratitude.

There's no doubt in my mind, Melporcristo and BrightSadness, that you are both touching the lives of your family members in a deep and positive way. Your love for God and total dedication to Him cannot but help flow into your interactions with your co-workers, siblings, and nephews/nieces (yes, even when you're stressed or overwhelmed). You're creating a kind of 'legacy-of-love' in which they will be able to remember you after you've settled into your monasteries. It is all, as St. Therese says, pure gift.

[/size]
[/quote]

This is so uplifting, thank you for posting!