An Old School Catholic Message Board

Prohibition

dairygirl4u2c

19 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

dominicansoul

[quote name='aalpha1989' date='21 June 2010 - 11:43 PM' timestamp='1277178198' post='2132599']
It's not like we've had this thread 823 times already since April.
[/quote]
...it's not likely we're ever going to see prohibition again, either...

[quote name='aalpha1989' date='21 June 2010 - 11:43 PM' timestamp='1277178198' post='2132599']
It's not like we've had this thread 823 times already since April.
[/quote]
:cry:

it's a sin only if the Pope says so.

(i haven't seen that answer yet, so figured i'd throw it into the mix)

dairygirl4u2c

i know there's some who say pot should be illegal, and booze illegal too. many though say pot illegal and booze illegal, or say pot is only wrong to do cause it's illegal.
you can see the purpose of the cookies and prohibition polls.

it's not a sin, to all here, to break the law and eat cookies. no reasons, why, really, to get past the common christian notion that we are to follow the laws of man if not causing us to sin. but, if one distinguishies by saying that pot could be harmful, and cookies are not, then we get to prohibition. it was illegal to drink or distribute, and yet many here say it's okay to do these things. i suppose these are the same saying it'd be okay to break the law with pot? not too many say that, for sure. there's surely inconsistencies here.
many say, and as time goes on, more and more are willing to say, that pot is in fact less harmful than booze. if that's the case, one couldnt distinguish between the two per harmfulness. im sure this is one reason the discrepanies exist.
the most obvious reason, though, is that people are just inconsistent, or blindly follow social religious norms, not wanting to rock the boat. nothing to do with truth, much at all.

MichaelFilo

This actually touches on an important point:

Making it illegal doesn't make it a sin to do something, but it is sinful to not follow the law if it does not contradict God.

So, No, no, and yes.

I can't believe you are still here Dairygirl. When will you convert? We've been waiting.

Ad Majorem Dei Gloriam

Hahaha. I saw the topic and read the poll, and immediately wondered how many posts it would take before pot came up. I was wrong.....I guessed six.