An Old School Catholic Message Board

Seminary

Arco

Hey. I'm sort of new to the board, but I wanted to post here and say that I'll be attending seminary for the diocese of Brooklyn this fall.

Woot.

IgnatiusofLoyola

[quote name='Tridenteen' date='30 June 2010 - 01:24 PM' timestamp='1277922293' post='2136248']
JMJ
Shall I add you to my seminarian prayer list?
[/quote]

Whoops! You and I welcomed Arco in a different one of his accidental double posts.

Is it possible for a mod to fix the double post? If not, Arco knows he's doubly welcome. We don't have enough male posters in VS, so maybe he can count as two.

laetitia crucis

P.S. :welcome:

I was too excited about your avatar to submit a proper "Welcome"! :lol:

I'll be praying for you as you prepare to enter seminary this fall. God bless!

TeresaBenedicta

Excellent!! Praise God for your "yes"!!

Do you know yet which seminary you'll be going to?

Many prayers, friend!!

IgnatiusofLoyola

[quote name='CatherineM' date='30 June 2010 - 06:13 PM' timestamp='1277939633' post='2136366']
Hope you don't end up sitting next to any middle aged bored housewives. We can be trouble.
[/quote]

Do you have some good stories about how you've made "trouble?" (I bet you do.) My guess is that any class that includes you as a student is far more interesting than a class without you. What kind of real trouble could you cause, unless you were systematically convincing all the young men in your classes not to become priests, and I can't imagine you doing that.

I'm a male discerner! I was considering entering seminary this year, but I need to discern more first.

I'm not a seminarian (or at least, not [u]yet[/u] :evil: ), but I need prayers too!

CatherineM

[quote name='IgnatiusofLoyola' date='30 June 2010 - 06:37 PM' timestamp='1277941072' post='2136372']
Do you have some good stories about how you've made "trouble?" (I bet you do.) My guess is that any class that includes you as a student is far more interesting than a class without you. What kind of real trouble could you cause, unless you were systematically convincing all the young men in your classes not to become priests, and I can't imagine you doing that.
[/quote]
Well, I almost took one of my classmate's head off with my yo-yo.

[quote name='laetitia crucis' date='30 June 2010 - 06:29 PM' timestamp='1277933345' post='2136321']
Oh my goodness... is that a bat'leth in your avatar??? :woot:
[/quote]

Yes.

I am a ridiculous trekkie. I am specifically a Niner. I'm not like into the whole costume and convention scene, but I love the show and it means the world to me.

Of course, it must be said, what Star Trek did for science fiction in the 60's onward, Battlestar Galactica and Lost have done for science fiction now; no show can happen now without taking stock of what those two shows accomplished.

[quote name='Gregorius' date='30 June 2010 - 10:30 PM' timestamp='1277947838' post='2136428']
I'm a male discerner! I was considering entering seminary this year, but I need to discern more first.

I'm not a seminarian (or at least, not [u]yet[/u] :evil: ), but I need prayers too!
[/quote]

Good luck!

I'll pass on, though, what Bishop DiMarzio said in a talk at a retreat in February: "Just [i]do[/i] it. If you feel the call, why wait? Seminary is part of the discernment process, too."

Chiquitunga

[quote name='Arco' date='30 June 2010 - 01:20 PM' timestamp='1277922022' post='2136243']
Hey. I'm sort of new to the board, but I wanted to post here and say that I'll be attending seminary for the diocese of Brooklyn this fall.

Woot.
[/quote]
Congratulations! :clap: That's wonderful to hear! I met a seminarian from there last year, though I can't remember his name. Just wondering .. did you spend any time at the House of Discernment there before applying to the seminary? God bless!

laetitia crucis

[quote name='Arco' date='30 June 2010 - 10:55 PM' timestamp='1277952907' post='2136461']
Yes.

I am a ridiculous trekkie. I am specifically a Niner. I'm not like into the whole costume and convention scene, but I love the show and it means the world to me.

Of course, it must be said, what Star Trek did for science fiction in the 60's onward, Battlestar Galactica and Lost have done for science fiction now; no show can happen now without taking stock of what those two shows accomplished.
[/quote]

Welcome home, my new Trekkie friend! :yahoo:

There's quite a few of us here on Phatmass that share the Trek-love. :D

[quote name='Chiquitunga' date='01 July 2010 - 03:14 AM' timestamp='1277964864' post='2136507']
Congratulations! :clap: That's wonderful to hear! I met a seminarian from there last year, though I can't remember his name. Just wondering .. did you spend any time at the House of Discernment there before applying to the seminary? God bless!
[/quote]

I've *been* there, but no, I haven't spent a significant amount of time there.