Hilde Posted July 8, 2010 Posted July 8, 2010 Petition for the removal of the removal of the back alley: Hilde
Apotheoun Posted July 8, 2010 Posted July 8, 2010 Is there a petition for the removal of the petition for the removal of the removal of the back alley?
Apotheoun Posted July 8, 2010 Posted July 8, 2010 [quote name='Hilde' date='08 July 2010 - 04:19 PM' timestamp='1278627588' post='2139489'] no [/quote] Are you sure that there is no petition for the removal of the petition for the removal of the removal of the back alley?
Hilde Posted July 8, 2010 Posted July 8, 2010 If there is a petition for the removal of the petition for the removal of the removal of the back alley there should also be a petition for the removal of the petition for the removal of the petition for the removal of the removal of the back alley
Vincent Vega Posted July 8, 2010 Posted July 8, 2010 I have a petition for putting mikolbe's hand in warm water while he sleeps.
dominicansoul Posted July 9, 2010 Posted July 9, 2010 [quote name='fides quarens intellectum' date='08 July 2010 - 11:16 AM' timestamp='1278602216' post='2139316'] edit: nvm - jokes don't go too well around here these days... [/quote] it's good to have a sense of humour...
homeschoolmom Posted July 9, 2010 Posted July 9, 2010 From what I remember of the Back Alley (which I will admit was a long time ago), it was a place where arguments that seemed to go round and round without end in sight were sent for the participants to continue. IIRC, the gloves came off and moderating was limited (ie people were allowed much more leeway in their behavior.) There was more Catholic vs. Catholic debating, if I remember right. Threads were not started there, they just went their to keep the rest of the phorum tidy. Fwiw, the Trash phorum is just where the deleted posts of the Church Scholars go to die. Why we need that, I don't know.
Jaime Posted July 9, 2010 Author Posted July 9, 2010 [quote name='homeschoolmom' date='08 July 2010 - 10:13 PM' timestamp='1278641623' post='2139565'] From what I remember of the Back Alley (which I will admit was a long time ago), it was a place where arguments that seemed to go round and round without end in sight were sent for the participants to continue. IIRC, the gloves came off and moderating was limited (ie people were allowed much more leeway in their behavior.) There was more Catholic vs. Catholic debating, if I remember right. Threads were not started there, they just went their to keep the rest of the phorum tidy. Fwiw, the Trash phorum is just where the deleted posts of the Church Scholars go to die. Why we need that, I don't know. [/quote] In case I accidentally post on a closed thread?
Jaime Posted July 9, 2010 Author Posted July 9, 2010 [quote name='homeschoolmom' date='08 July 2010 - 10:17 PM' timestamp='1278641870' post='2139567'] Why would that need a place to go? [/quote] Do you always answer a question with a question?
homeschoolmom Posted July 9, 2010 Posted July 9, 2010 [quote name='hot stuff' date='08 July 2010 - 10:19 PM' timestamp='1278641953' post='2139569'] Do you always answer a question with a question? [/quote] Okay... how about "Your deleted posts do not need a phorum of their own."
IcePrincessKRS Posted July 9, 2010 Posted July 9, 2010 Well, to be fair, Laudate_Dominum kind of has a monopoly on the Trash board.
Jaime Posted July 9, 2010 Author Posted July 9, 2010 [quote name='homeschoolmom' date='08 July 2010 - 10:24 PM' timestamp='1278642279' post='2139577'] Okay... how about "Your deleted posts do not need a phorum of their own." [/quote] I think they should all be saved for posterity
aalpha1989 Posted July 9, 2010 Posted July 9, 2010 [quote name='homeschoolmom' date='08 July 2010 - 10:13 PM' timestamp='1278641623' post='2139565'] [b]From what I remember of the Back Alley (which I will admit was a long time ago), it was a place where arguments that seemed to go round and round without end in sight were sent for the participants to continue[/b]. [/quote] So it was an exact replica of the debate table?
homeschoolmom Posted July 9, 2010 Posted July 9, 2010 [quote name='aalpha1989' date='08 July 2010 - 10:31 PM' timestamp='1278642682' post='2139587'] So it was an exact replica of the debate table? [/quote] No. Think ten times uglier. And yes, I think L_D does enjoy posting just for the sheer joy of deleting his posts.
dominicansoul Posted July 9, 2010 Posted July 9, 2010 [quote name='homeschoolmom' date='08 July 2010 - 10:32 PM' timestamp='1278642775' post='2139590'] No. Think ten times uglier. [/quote] then it shouldn't be called "the back alley," but "the gates of hell."
Apotheoun Posted July 9, 2010 Posted July 9, 2010 [quote name='aalpha1989' date='08 July 2010 - 08:31 PM' timestamp='1278642682' post='2139587'] So it was an exact replica of the debate table? [/quote] Hehe, HSM's description of the Back Alley does make it sound a bit boring.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now