An Old School Catholic Message Board

Cartilage Piercing

Totus Tuus

[quote name='Nihil Obstat' date='19 July 2010 - 07:54 AM' timestamp='1279547649' post='2144780']
I really love hydrogen peroxide. I love it as much as the old Greek guy in My Big Fat Greek Wedding loves Windex. I bet h202 would help keep the site clean. ^_^
[/quote]
I read that can actually slow healing so it's best not to use it on a wound.

IcePrincessKRS

[quote name='Nihil Obstat' date='19 July 2010 - 10:54 AM' timestamp='1279547649' post='2144780']
I really love hydrogen peroxide. I love it as much as the old Greek guy in My Big Fat Greek Wedding loves Windex. I bet h202 would help keep the site clean. ^_^
[/quote]

I love the way it fizzes up.

MissScripture

[quote name='Terra Firma' date='19 July 2010 - 09:59 AM' timestamp='1279547994' post='2144792']
I read that can actually slow healing so it's best not to use it on a wound.
[/quote]
It does. It removes dead cells, which is why people use it, but it can also kill healthy cells in the area.

It is cool, though...

IcePrincessKRS

[quote name='MissScripture' date='19 July 2010 - 11:25 AM' timestamp='1279549517' post='2144808']
It does. It removes dead cells, which is why people use it, but it can also kill healthy cells in the area.

It is cool, though...
[/quote]

Wouldn't you have to be over-using it for that to happen, though? I usually just use it for an initial scrape (if that) or if the wound looks like it might be getting infected. A week ago my 3 year old had a scrape on the side of her nostril and kept scratching it off, finally I swabbed it with peroxide a couple times (because it was starting to look a little inflamed) and dabbed on some Neosporin and it healed. It wasn't until I did that for 2 or 3 days that it went away, though. Although, that may have been because me telling her not to wipe the medicine off kept her hands off better than "Don't touch it!!!!" :lol: