ardillacid Posted July 21, 2010 Posted July 21, 2010 (edited) I know I've engaged in some goofiness lately but I want to broach a serious topic for a moment. I was in the shower the other day, allowing my mind to wander, when I recalled how not too long ago we celebrated the "Year of the Priest". I thought that it would be awesome if from now on we dedicated each year (or month) to a phatmasser who has really made him or herself a model for other phatmassers! I thought of who to nominate. So many phatmassers have been truly beautiful people who have greatly enriched my life that choosing just one has been agonizing. After much prayer and discernment I knew that one phatmasser stood head and shoulders above everyone else. This phatmasser has truly enriched my life beyond measure. He isn't always in the spotlight. No individual with his simple modesty would ever seek out the spotlight. But the magnitude of his presence cannot be understated. He posses a simple, rough and rugged eloquence that always illustrates his points beautifully. Disregarding their particular content each is a great aesthetic achievement. But the true greatness of this phatmasser's posts holds even if one discounts their aesthetic value. Virginia Woolfe could well have been speaking of this phatmasser with her words: "[this phatmasser] cannot restrain himself. Out it tumbles upon us, hot, scalding, mixed, marvelous, terrible, oppressive--the human soul." I would be remiss if I didn't mention his moral character as well. This phatmassers simple goodness simply cannot be denied. I've discussed his wonderful nature through private messages with many other phatmassers and on extraordinary merit of his character, phatmassers seem united. I'll never remember when I mentioned to him that I had a flat tire. While I was at work, this phatmaser flew out to North Dakota, replaced my tire, changed my oil (he noticed it was due!), fed my cats, and cooked me a scrumptious dinner. Needless to say I consider myself eternally indented to him. I think that by now most of you have guessed of whom I am speaking. But just for those newbies I'll say his name (although I know it will make him blush!). I'm speaking of Hassan. Hassan has always been a hero of mine and I'm tired of letting my admiration go unannounced. Let's go ahead an reserve 2012 as The Year of Hassan! I assume that everyone here will be in agreement with me so let's just use this thread to brainstorm about what we should do to celebrate Hassan in 2012! Edited July 21, 2010 by notardillacid
Nihil Obstat Posted July 21, 2010 Posted July 21, 2010 [media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pqyY01HPx98[/media]
ardillacid Posted July 21, 2010 Author Posted July 21, 2010 [quote name='Nihil Obstat' date='21 July 2010 - 12:52 AM' timestamp='1279687927' post='2145824'] [media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pqyY01HPx98[/media] [/quote] I'm kind of blindsided here as you seem to be saying 'no'. Are you just trolling this thread? Please don't.
Nihil Obstat Posted July 21, 2010 Posted July 21, 2010 [quote name='notardillacid' date='20 July 2010 - 11:53 PM' timestamp='1279688018' post='2145827'] I'm kind of blindsided here as you seem to be saying 'no'. Are you just trolling this thread? Please don't. [/quote] [img]http://i205.photobucket.com/albums/bb209/dandrall/lucky%20star/konata-teasing.jpg[/img]
ardillacid Posted July 21, 2010 Author Posted July 21, 2010 [quote name='Nihil Obstat' date='21 July 2010 - 12:58 AM' timestamp='1279688280' post='2145828'] [img]http://i205.photobucket.com/albums/bb209/dandrall/lucky%20star/konata-teasing.jpg[/img] [/quote] Please don't promote lesbianism in my thread. >(
Nihil Obstat Posted July 21, 2010 Posted July 21, 2010 [quote name='notardillacid' date='20 July 2010 - 11:59 PM' timestamp='1279688384' post='2145829'] Please don't promote lesbianism in my thread. >( [/quote] Why is everything sexual to you? Can't friends of the same gender do anything without someone reading sexual overtones into their actions??
ardillacid Posted July 21, 2010 Author Posted July 21, 2010 [quote name='Nihil Obstat' date='21 July 2010 - 01:04 AM' timestamp='1279688695' post='2145830'] Why is everything sexual to you? Can't friends of the same gender do anything without someone reading sexual overtones into their actions?? [/quote] Look, you are understandably bitter that I chose to nominate Hassan rather than you. But please stop trying to derail this thread.
Luigi Posted July 21, 2010 Posted July 21, 2010 We must have a proper PHEAST! In Arabic cultures, the more honored the guest, the more dishes must be served. For such a very honorable and honored guest, we must have at minimum kibbe (preferably raw), stuffed grape leaves, stuffed cabbage leaves, tahini, tabouleh, tomatoes & onions with yogurt, cucumbers & onions with yogurt, ANYthing with onions & yogurt, bulgur, pitas with hummus, and hot tea. Then desserts - many desserts! - baglawa and similar treats made with walnuts, honey, and rose water, served with [b]strong[/b] black Arabica coffee heavily sweetened with sugar. And our very honorable and honored guest will sit at the head of the table, in all his raging glory, smiling benificently us the unworthy subjects, enlightening us with many pearls of wisdom and table-banging humor. And when the pheast is finished, each in turn will stand and deliver a speech of tribute to the greatness, the benignity, the creative cleverness, and the infinite generosity of our very honorable and most honored guest. AH! I am thrilled at the vision of it in my mind! When it is complete, I can die in peace and total fulfillment! But NO MEAD!
Luigi Posted July 21, 2010 Posted July 21, 2010 [quote name='Nihil Obstat' date='21 July 2010 - 01:04 AM' timestamp='1279688695' post='2145830'] Why is everything sexual to you? Can't friends of the same gender do anything without someone reading sexual overtones into their actions?? [/quote] Short answer: NO. Modern society is super-saturated with sex, which means that the minds of many are also super-saturated with sex.
Nihil Obstat Posted July 21, 2010 Posted July 21, 2010 [quote name='notardillacid' date='21 July 2010 - 12:08 AM' timestamp='1279688903' post='2145832'] Look, you are understandably bitter that I chose to nominate Hassan rather than you. But please stop trying to derail this thread. [/quote] Racist.
Arco Posted July 21, 2010 Posted July 21, 2010 I think we've discovered that Nihil can only communicate by anime.
Nihil Obstat Posted July 21, 2010 Posted July 21, 2010 [quote name='Arco' date='21 July 2010 - 09:41 AM' timestamp='1279723315' post='2145879'] I think we've discovered that Nihil can only communicate by anime. [/quote] [img]http://www.omgmygame.com/content/u12/Incorrect.jpg[/img]
Arco Posted July 21, 2010 Posted July 21, 2010 [img]http://smoketalk.files.wordpress.com/2008/11/o_rly.jpg[/img]
Nihil Obstat Posted July 21, 2010 Posted July 21, 2010 [quote name='Arco' date='21 July 2010 - 09:46 AM' timestamp='1279723575' post='2145884'] [img]http://smoketalk.files.wordpress.com/2008/11/o_rly.jpg[/img] [/quote] [img]http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/crapola/yarly.jpg[/img]
Arco Posted July 21, 2010 Posted July 21, 2010 [img]http://www.frikipedia.es/images/1/15/Burp-o-rly.jpg[/img]
Nihil Obstat Posted July 21, 2010 Posted July 21, 2010 [quote name='Arco' date='21 July 2010 - 09:59 AM' timestamp='1279724382' post='2145890'] [img]http://www.frikipedia.es/images/1/15/Burp-o-rly.jpg[/img] [/quote] No habla Espanol.
Arco Posted July 21, 2010 Posted July 21, 2010 (edited) The image didn't show up. LAME. Edited July 21, 2010 by Arco
Nihil Obstat Posted July 21, 2010 Posted July 21, 2010 [quote name='Arco' date='21 July 2010 - 10:07 AM' timestamp='1279724852' post='2145893'] The image didn't show up. LAME. [/quote] The owned of the site probably doesn't allow linking to his pictures.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now