Nihil Obstat Posted July 23, 2010 Posted July 23, 2010 [quote name='hot stuff' date='22 July 2010 - 10:49 PM' timestamp='1279856974' post='2146584'] Why would you say that? [/quote] It's because I have a flag. I've never really deserved it. It's that elephant in the room. Everybody knows, but nobody has the heart to come right out and say it.
Jaime Posted July 23, 2010 Posted July 23, 2010 [quote name='Nihil Obstat' date='22 July 2010 - 11:57 PM' timestamp='1279857474' post='2146591'] It's because I have a flag. I've never really deserved it. It's that elephant in the room. Everybody knows, but nobody has the heart to come right out and say it. [/quote] didn't smm recommend you?
Nihil Obstat Posted July 23, 2010 Posted July 23, 2010 [quote name='hot stuff' date='22 July 2010 - 10:59 PM' timestamp='1279857542' post='2146592'] didn't smm recommend you? [/quote] No idea whatsoever. I logged on one day and noticed a fluttery thing beside a post that I remembered making.
Resurrexi Posted July 23, 2010 Posted July 23, 2010 [quote name='hot stuff' date='22 July 2010 - 10:49 PM' timestamp='1279856974' post='2146584'] Why would you say that? [/quote] Because I agree with Apotheoun on the matter.
Jaime Posted July 23, 2010 Posted July 23, 2010 [quote name='Resurrexi' date='23 July 2010 - 12:12 AM' timestamp='1279858378' post='2146599'] Because I agree with Apotheoun on the matter. [/quote] But if you didn't put any importance in the flags, why wouldn't you still be st thomas moore?
Resurrexi Posted July 23, 2010 Posted July 23, 2010 [quote name='hot stuff' date='22 July 2010 - 11:17 PM' timestamp='1279858637' post='2146600'] But if you didn't put any importance in the flags, why wouldn't you still be st thomas moore? [/quote] I don't recall anyone on Phatmass ever being st thomas m[b]oo[/b]re, though there was that StThomasM[b]o[/b]re character from a few years back.
Jaime Posted July 23, 2010 Posted July 23, 2010 [quote name='Resurrexi' date='23 July 2010 - 12:19 AM' timestamp='1279858757' post='2146601'] I don't recall anyone on Phatmass ever being st thomas m[b]oo[/b]re, though there was that StThomasM[b]o[/b]re character from a few years back. [/quote] And you left it after you got the "I don't rep the pope" tag. But the flags don't mean anything to you now?
Resurrexi Posted July 23, 2010 Posted July 23, 2010 [quote name='hot stuff' date='22 July 2010 - 11:21 PM' timestamp='1279858871' post='2146602'] And you left it after you got the "I don't rep the pope" tag. But the flags don't mean anything to you now? [/quote] Post hoc ergo proper hoc is a logical fallacy.
Resurrexi Posted July 23, 2010 Posted July 23, 2010 That said, I really do not appreciate being flamebaited, so I think I will bow out here.
Jaime Posted July 23, 2010 Posted July 23, 2010 [quote name='Resurrexi' date='23 July 2010 - 12:24 AM' timestamp='1279859081' post='2146604'] That said, I really do not appreciate being flamebaited, so I think I will bow out here. [/quote] It seemed like a legitimate question
Vincent Vega Posted July 23, 2010 Posted July 23, 2010 (edited) [quote name='HisChildForever' date='23 July 2010 - 12:34 AM' timestamp='1279859664' post='2146607'] Let's get along. [/quote] [IMG]http://i29.tinypic.com/1610nr5.jpg[/IMG] [size="1"](Justification for image: we tend to be combative here at pm. The image intends to convey this hostility in a manner with a certain degree of levity by referencing and altering a piece of popular culture.)[/size] Edited July 23, 2010 by USAirwaysIHS
Jaime Posted July 23, 2010 Posted July 23, 2010 [quote name='Resurrexi' date='23 July 2010 - 12:23 AM' timestamp='1279859021' post='2146603'] Post hoc ergo proper hoc is a logical fallacy. [/quote] If my statement was following that fallacy, you would have had to create the second account before Stthomasmore got the tag. you got the "I don't rep the pope" tag and Resurrexi showed up so it doesn't apply. [quote name='HisChildForever' date='23 July 2010 - 12:34 AM' timestamp='1279859664' post='2146607'] Let's get along. [/quote] fine by me
KnightofChrist Posted July 23, 2010 Posted July 23, 2010 (edited) [quote name='HisChildForever' date='23 July 2010 - 12:34 AM' timestamp='1279859664' post='2146607'] Let's get along. [/quote] http://www.youtube.com/user/MuppetsStudio#p/u/17/EAtBki0PsC0 Edited July 23, 2010 by KnightofChrist
Mark of the Cross Posted July 23, 2010 Posted July 23, 2010 (edited) [quote name='Resurrexi' date='23 July 2010 - 04:24 PM' timestamp='1279859081' post='2146604'] That said, I really do not appreciate being flamebaited, so I think I will bow out here. [/quote] My point has been made. Resurrexi is one of the few people whose posts I place great value on. He should have an I represent St Peter tag! [quote name='KnightofChrist' date='23 July 2010 - 05:47 PM' timestamp='1279864020' post='2146647'] [url="http://www.youtube.com/user/MuppetsStudio#p/u/17/EAtBki0PsC0"]http://www.youtube.c.../17/EAtBki0PsC0[/url] [/quote] Edited July 23, 2010 by Mark of the Cross
Jaime Posted July 23, 2010 Posted July 23, 2010 [quote name='Mark of the Cross' date='23 July 2010 - 04:55 PM' timestamp='1279918527' post='2147085'] My point has been made. Resurrexi is one of the few people whose posts I place great value on. He should have an I represent St Peter tag! [/quote] Well that's an interesting story. Rexi used to be stthomasmore [url="http://www.phatmass.com/phorum/index.php?showuser=3627"]http://www.phatmass....p?showuser=3627[/url] and you'll notice that screen name has the "I don't rep the pope" tag. There were very good reasons for that tag. Stthomasmore did not like the fact that he had received the tag so he started resurrrexi without telling anybody. Which by the way is against phorum rules to start up a second (or false ) screen name to avoid the decisions of the webmaster or mods. So that's the full back story on resurrexi smores. If I were to make a suggestion, I put far more value on Catherinem's posts then on that of Rex's. She has her Master's in Theology and Rexi has no formal training.
Nihil Obstat Posted July 23, 2010 Posted July 23, 2010 [quote name='hot stuff' date='23 July 2010 - 04:02 PM' timestamp='1279918957' post='2147093'] Well that's an interesting story. Rexi used to be stthomasmore [url="http://www.phatmass.com/phorum/index.php?showuser=3627"]http://www.phatmass....p?showuser=3627[/url] and you'll notice that screen name has the "I don't rep the pope" tag. There were very good reasons for that tag. Stthomasmore did not like the fact that he had received the tag so he started resurrrexi without telling anybody. Which by the way is against phorum rules to start up a second (or false ) screen name to avoid the decisions of the webmaster or mods. So that's the full back story on resurrexi smores. If I were to make a suggestion, I put far more value on Catherinem's posts then on that of Rex's. She has her Master's in Theology and Rexi has no formal training. [/quote] Aside from being a rather one-sided account of what happened, was this really necessary?
jeffpugh Posted July 23, 2010 Posted July 23, 2010 [quote name='hot stuff' date='22 July 2010 - 11:59 PM' timestamp='1279857542' post='2146592'] didn't smm recommend you? [/quote] [quote name='Nihil Obstat' date='22 July 2010 - 11:59 PM' timestamp='1279857589' post='2146594'] No idea whatsoever. I logged on one day and noticed a fluttery thing beside a post that I remembered making. [/quote] The question is, Did [i]I[/i] deserve it? [size="1"] Actually, if I recall, hot stuff hooked me up with the CM clan [/size]
HisChildForever Posted July 23, 2010 Posted July 23, 2010 [quote name='Nihil Obstat' date='23 July 2010 - 05:12 PM' timestamp='1279919560' post='2147103'] Aside from being a rather one-sided account of what happened, was this really necessary? [/quote] Nope.
Jaime Posted July 23, 2010 Posted July 23, 2010 [quote name='Nihil Obstat' date='23 July 2010 - 05:12 PM' timestamp='1279919560' post='2147103'] Aside from being a rather one-sided account of what happened, was this really necessary? [/quote] There's nothing "rather one sided" about it. He got the tag, he broke the rules and he started a new account. And when someone asks "Why in the world doesn't Rexi have the Church Militant flag?' then its incredibly relevant to the conversation what he did, how he broke the rules and if he hadn't, he would still have the "i don't rep the pope" tag.
Recommended Posts