An Old School Catholic Message Board

Phatmass Going To Have A New Seminarian?

Bennn

I talked to my spiritual father today, and he told me that he is pretty certain that I am called to become a priest. I thought I'd let you Phatmassers know. :) I really need your prayers because God couldn't have chosen a more worthless guy than me. I'm planning to contact the FSSP.

Thank you!

[quote name='Hilde' date='28 July 2010 - 08:54 PM' timestamp='1280343295' post='2149168']
How great to have someone else tell you. [img]http://www.phatmass.com/phorum/public/style_emoticons/default/lol.gif[/img]
[/quote]

It's quite funny. People whom I've never met before would ask me if I was going to be a priest. Even a seven year old told me once that I should become one. lol
Last week my mom also admitted that she's always seen me become a priest one day, yet she didn't dare to tell anyone because she thought it was arrogant to think that.

I guess it was pretty obvious all the time, but I ran away from Gods voice calling me.

Edited by Bennn

That's wonderful!!! My friends older brother was just ordained with the FSSP. Father Gabot is hilarious!! Be assured of my prayers!! This is a big step!

[quote name='Bennn' date='28 July 2010 - 03:58 PM' timestamp='1280343538' post='2149172']
It's quite funny. People whom I've never met before would ask me if I was going to be a priest. Even a seven year old told me once that I should become one. lol
I guess it was pretty obvious all the time, but I ran away from Gods voice calling me.
[/quote]
Ahhh...you wouldn't be the first. Congratulations on your first step. Blessings and prayers to you.

Pax
Osap

Congratulations and prayers!

Funny you mention about people often telling you, as strangely I've had quite a few people say it to me. It's been helping me continue with discernment and keep hope at times when I think I won't find the place or be accepted.

"I really need your prayers because God couldn't have chosen a more worthless guy than me."

Here's something to think about:

Father Groeschel said in the EWTN program "Completely Christ's" on discerning the religious life. [url="http://www.ewtnreligiouscatalogue.com/COMPLETELY+CHRIST+S+-+A+DAY+W+M+TERESA-+DVD/cid=266/page_no=1/edp_no=8764/shop.axd/ProductDetails"][color="#284b72"]http://www.ewtnrelig.../ProductDetails

[/color][/url]Here is what Father Groeschel said, word for word:

You know, one time I was driving Mother Teresa and she was kind of annoyed at me. And getting somebody like Mother Teresa annoyed at you is not a lot of fun. And she was a perfect lady, perfect, and she was giving me the needle but ever so sweetly, dipped in Holy Water. And she asked me to do something but I had done it the wrong way but I didn't know which way she wanted it done. But nevertheless, there were two little sisters in the backseat and we got to the convent a quarter to 12 at night, a hot summer night. And I said to Mother Teresa, "Mother, I'm going to ask Cardinal Cook if he'll appoint another priest to be the leayzon between the Archdiocese and the Missionaries of Charity. I'm not angry but this is just beyond me." And she said, [in a serious tone] "sit down." I knew Mother Teresa half my life. When she died, I was 64 and I had known her 32 years. When Mother Teresa told you to sit down, you sat down. And she said to me, it was late at night, she says, [b]"why do you think God chose you to be a priest?"[/b] I said, "Mother, it's a quarter to twelve. You know-I don't know." [Mother said] [b]"Why did He choose you?"[/b] [Father said] "Maybe He has a sense of humor. I-I-I don't know." She looked me dead in the eye and she said "God chose you because He is very humble. He uses the poorest, the weakest, the most inadequate instruments. And I pray that when I die, the most unattractive and ungifted of the sisters will take my place." That didn't happen, but... And she said "then everybody will know that this is not my work, but God's work." And as I got up and said good-bye and thank you, because it was a great talk, she said "don't forget it. You are chosen by the humility of God." And to be quite honest, I can't think of anything else she could possibly have said that would have given me peace. But I went home on top of the world, because I could accept that, that I could live with. "We are chosen by the humility of God." Uh, and, I think if someone is considering a vocation, let them think about that.

[quote name='Hilde' date='28 July 2010 - 09:02 PM' timestamp='1280343774' post='2149177']
I should swim over to Belgium sometime and watch you celebrate the TLM.
[/quote]

The Northsea is pretty stinky, so I would encourage you to simply take a plane. [img]http://www.phatmass.com/phorum/public/style_emoticons/default/happy.gif[/img]

Thank you all for your support, especially JoyfulLife. I'm pretty excited right now.

Edited by Bennn

The image of you as a Priest came into my mind and it's got my really excited for you. Stay close to the Blessed Virgin Mary all your life, she will protect your gift. She is the Mother of Vocations, especially the Priesthood.

Thank you. :)

I'm happy and freaked out at the same time. The thought alone that I would ever offer the eternal Sacrifice of the Mass and hear Confession fills me with joy that is not of this world. But when I think of the responsability for the souls that would be entrusted to me, it fills me with terror and fear. I will not be able to rely on my own strength, but on the grace of our Lord Jesus and the protection of our Blessed Mother's mantle.

[quote name='Bennn' date='29 July 2010 - 02:59 AM' timestamp='1280390347' post='2149424']
Thank you. [img]http://www.phatmass.com/phorum/public/style_emoticons/default/smile.gif[/img]

[b]I'm happy and freaked out at the same time. The thought alone that I would ever offer the eternal Sacrifice of the Mass and hear Confession fills me with joy that is not of this world. But when I think of the responsability for the souls that would be entrusted to me, it fills me with terror and fear. I will not be able to rely on my own strength, but on the grace of our Lord Jesus and the protection of our Blessed Mother's mantle.
[/b][/quote]

JMJ
What I made bold is what every good and holy priest I have ever talked to has said...good sign to me[img]http://www.phatmass.com/phorum/public/style_emoticons/default/saint.gif[/img] congratulations, bennn