An Old School Catholic Message Board

New Yorkers Are Happy They Are *only*

Lounge Daddy

Lounge Daddy

New Yorkers are happy they are *only* being stopped and frisked at random by police [url="http://www.datelinezero.com/?p=1573"]http://goo.gl/ZSz4[/url]

A "stop and frisk" program has been put into place in NY. Police were stopping people at random, searching them and questioning them at any time, and anywhere, and w/out warrant. Also, all information was being entered and collected in a huge database -- guilty of a crime or not.

After people became upset, the government stopped collecting personal information in the database. So now people in NY are saying that they are happy that they are "only" being stopped, questioned, searched, without warrant by police.

See how this works? Score one for the tyrants.

Lounge Daddy

[quote name='notardillacid' date='30 July 2010 - 09:02 PM' timestamp='1280541720' post='2150083']
who cares about new york?
[/quote]

lol, ya screw em.

Please immediately clarify that you are simply joking.

[quote name='notardillacid' date='30 July 2010 - 10:02 PM' timestamp='1280541720' post='2150083']
who cares about new york?
[/quote]

Lounge Daddy

[quote name='StMichael' date='30 July 2010 - 09:18 PM' timestamp='1280542695' post='2150093']
[/quote]

I was.

...oh you meant notardillacid.

Lounge Daddy

[quote]“If you’re stopped and frisked that’s fine, that’s one thing. But, for them to take your ID and keep it on record, I think that’s a little too much,” says Tyler Horton of Brownsville.[/quote]

Oh man, sometimes I really do think that we are in trouble.

I mean, no thought to the fact that [i]none of this at all should be happening[/i]? But no. He's just pleased as punch that he's being stopped and searched and questioned, because at least it isn't going into a database.

Jesus called us all sheep for a reason.

Edited by Lounge Daddy

God the Father

HEY MAN IF THAT'S WHAT IT TAKES TO PREVENT ANOTHER 9/11 THEN WE ALL HAVE TO MAKE SACRIFICES hail barack

ThePenciledOne

We can be sheep, but we just have to be aware of the wolves among us, though sadly in this case its the shepard.

[quote name='StMichael' date='30 July 2010 - 10:18 PM' timestamp='1280542695' post='2150093']
[/quote]
no

[quote name='StMichael' date='30 July 2010 - 10:18 PM' timestamp='1280542695' post='2150093']
[/quote]
New York is one of the liberal epicenters of America. Any of this croutons poo they get is a long time coming. They will eat the fruit they have been sewing for decades.

[quote name='ThePenciledOne' date='31 July 2010 - 12:11 AM' timestamp='1280549515' post='2150133']
We can be sheep, but we just have to be aware of the wolves among us, though sadly in this case its the shepard.
[/quote]
the shepard is a wolf. that is a good 1.

Edited by notardillacid

Nihil Obstat

Isn't this hardcore against your guys' constitution? I thought you couldn't even pull someone over without a pretty decent reason.

I may be intoxicated, but your link states that "New York Governor David Paterson has now signed a piece of legislation that makes that procedure illegal."

:lol:

This should be a celebration, a victory for humankind!!! :cheers: :beer:

Edited by notardillacid

[quote name='God the Father' date='30 July 2010 - 07:58 PM' timestamp='1280545109' post='2150118']
HEY MAN IF THAT'S WHAT IT TAKES TO PREVENT ANOTHER 9/11 THEN WE ALL HAVE TO MAKE SACRIFICES hail barack
[/quote]

HEY MAN IF THE PATRIOT ACT IS WHAT IT TAKES TO PREVENT ANOTHER 9/11 THEN WE ALL HAVE TO MAKE SACRIFICES hail bush(and obama for not getting rid of it yet)

yeesh, canadians dont even have to be flying to the USA to be affected by 9/11 "security improvements" these days. congrats US gov and TSA for finishing the job that bin laden started.

Lounge Daddy

[quote name='Nihil Obstat' date='30 July 2010 - 11:46 PM' timestamp='1280551611' post='2150165']
Isn't this hardcore against your guys' constitution? I thought you couldn't even pull someone over without a pretty decent reason.
[/quote]

[i]Everything[/i] government does today is against the Constitution. I think there is an argument that can be made about the rather arbitrary nature of government and laws ... but now it has gotten absolutely ridiculous, to the point of being clearly insulting.

Nihil Obstat

[quote name='Lounge Daddy' date='31 July 2010 - 07:10 AM' timestamp='1280578214' post='2150230']
[i]Everything[/i] government does today is against the Constitution. I think there is an argument that can be made about the rather arbitrary nature of government and laws ... but now it has gotten absolutely ridiculous, to the point of being clearly insulting.
[/quote]
Next step will be that you throw away the Constitution, since nobody uses it anyway. ;) There will be pretty talk about "moving beyond a dogmatic set of arbitrary rules" and whatnot. :lol: