An Old School Catholic Message Board

Should Openly Gay People Be Allowed To Serve In The Military?

Lil Red

[quote name='Winchester' date='11 August 2010 - 07:20 PM' timestamp='1281572427' post='2156186']
No, no, no. I'm mocking you. Sorry for teh confusion. Anyway, I have six stars. I am a Six Star SuperGeneral in the Army of Winchester the Mighty.
[/quote]

Wasn't referring to your words, General.

~Sternhauser

[media][url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5LSTc-5Fn_Y"]http://www.youtube.c...h?v=5LSTc-5Fn_Y[/url][/media]

time to shut your trap and play (a long) a song :rolleyes:

[quote name='Sternhauser' date='11 August 2010 - 09:17 PM' timestamp='1281575820' post='2156229']
Wasn't referring to your words, General.

~Sternhauser
[/quote]
Nor was I. Drop and give me twenty.

[quote name='infinitelord1' timestamp='1281209930' post='2153695']
I think the only thing that may effect the military in a negative way by having openly "gay" people in the military is sexual harassment. whether it be in the shower or whatever...there may be gay people who may make a pass at a straight person...and this alone may cause an abrupt environment.
[/quote]
If gay people are allowed openly in the military, the first thing that has to go is separate shower bays for men and women. If the women showering feel icky because a hetero male is in the shower bay with her, he should cry "heterophobia!" :rolleyes:

[quote name='Hassan' timestamp='1281493273' post='2155574']
I don't remember voting for any laws that force Catholics to use birth control.
[/quote]
You vote for the politicians which force birth control (and other behaviors against Catholic doctrine) on Catholics and make them pay for it. If only Catholics were Muslim, then your sensitivity to their concerns would be on full alert.

Edited by kamiller42

[quote name='Resurrexi' timestamp='1281980778' post='2158247']
The only way to achieve freedom from oppression is to oppress those whose actions hinder true freedom.
[/quote]

Luft!

Mark of the Cross

[quote name='Resurrexi' timestamp='1281980778' post='2158247']
The only way to achieve freedom from oppression is to oppress those whose actions hinder true freedom.
[/quote]

That's why we should stay in Afghanistan. Oppress the oppressors and give charity to the oppressed. In Pakistan let them see Jesus in you.