An Old School Catholic Message Board

Phormer Pm'er Gets Into The Habit!

DameAgnes

Remember Mandy?

Now she is Sr. Rose Miriam!

All the novice names are here, pics to follow.

http://www.sistersofmary.org/index.php?option=com_content&view=category&layout=blog&id=12&Itemid=147

I was betting Mandy would be Sr. Charbel, but her name is lovely, still!

laetitia crucis

Awww, they only listed ten names. I wonder what Sr. Kim's new name is!

Nonetheless, I'm quite excited about all the new names! Woohooooo!

God bless them in their continued discernment!

:clapping:

OnlySunshine

[quote name='laetitia crucis' date='02 August 2010 - 10:42 PM' timestamp='1280803364' post='2151315']

[/quote]

Some of the postulants actually left. They started with I believe 17, but ended up with 10 that made it to the novitiate.

laetitia crucis

[quote name='MaterMisericordiae' date='02 August 2010 - 10:45 PM' timestamp='1280803514' post='2151318']
Some of the postulants actually left. They started with I believe 17, but ended up with 10 that made it to the novitiate.
[/quote]

But the page says, "[i]Our [b]11[/b] postulants exchanged their blue vests a little early this year!![/i]" ..... :scratchhead:

Maybe it was a typo? :idontknow:

laetitia crucis

[quote name='TeresaBenedicta' date='02 August 2010 - 10:49 PM' timestamp='1280803766' post='2151324']
What I would give to be in a Dominican habit!!!!!!!
[/quote]

:console:

Would you even give away a.... Klondike bar??? :o :lol:

TeresaBenedicta

[quote name='laetitia crucis' date='02 August 2010 - 11:51 PM' timestamp='1280803891' post='2151327']
:console:

Would you even give away a.... Klondike bar??? :o :lol:
[/quote]

Haha!! :sweat:

Well, God-willing, I'll be in a somewhat [i]different[/i] habit. But still. I [i]love[/i] the Dominican habit.

laetitia crucis

[quote name='TeresaBenedicta' date='02 August 2010 - 10:55 PM' timestamp='1280804112' post='2151328']
Haha!! :sweat:

Well, God-willing, I'll be in a somewhat [i]different[/i] habit. But still. I [i]love[/i] the Dominican habit.
[/quote]

If God called you to be a nursing Sister within the community, then perhaps you'd be in a quasi-capeless Dominican habit while in the apostolate! :woot:

OnlySunshine

[quote name='laetitia crucis' date='02 August 2010 - 10:48 PM' timestamp='1280803715' post='2151323']
But the page says, "[i]Our [b]11[/b] postulants exchanged their blue vests a little early this year!![/i]" ..... :scratchhead:

Maybe it was a typo? :idontknow:
[/quote]

Huh! I wonder why they left her out. Her biography is still on the drop-down list for Vocation Stories. Sr. Kim! What happened?!?!? :scratchhead:

TeresaBenedicta

[quote name='laetitia crucis' date='02 August 2010 - 11:56 PM' timestamp='1280804198' post='2151329']
If God called you to be a nursing Sister within the community, then perhaps you'd be in a quasi-capeless Dominican habit while in the apostolate! :woot:
[/quote]

And God-willing, I will [i]not[/i] be called to be a nursing Sister!!! Haha!!! Although a quasi-capeless Dominican habit would be wonderful... I don't think I could do nursing!!

Erm.

:offtopic:

Sorry.

It's just that looking at those beautiful pictures sparked my habit-lust.

It's neat to see them as novices now!! I met all 17 of them (when there were 17, of course) when they visited the Mount last January. Some really sweet girls.

laetitia crucis

[quote name='laetitia crucis' date='02 August 2010 - 10:42 PM' timestamp='1280803364' post='2151315']

[/quote]

They've updated their list! Sr. Kim is now [b]Sr. Maria Liguori[/b]!

:clap:

OnlySunshine

[quote name='laetitia crucis' date='03 August 2010 - 02:19 PM' timestamp='1280859590' post='2151540']
They've updated their list! Sr. Kim is now [b]Sr. Maria Liguori[/b]!

:clap:
[/quote]

^_^ It's nice to know that Sr. Maria Liguori didn't disappear from the face of the earth! :clap: