An Old School Catholic Message Board

Be Careful What You Pray For....

lookingforfaith

lookingforfaith

The other night I was praying in my room. I was kind of upset and I began pleading with God to grant me some sort of sign of what He wants me to do. That I will follow wherever He wills me to go, but I just gotta know what it is He is asking me to do. Well today at work, I was organizing some shelves and I hear "Maybe this nice young lady can help us." I look over and see two fully habited sisters by my side. I helped them get the things they needed and they left. I just rolled my eyes and said "Gotcha." [img]http://www.phatmass.com/phorum/public/style_emoticons/default/rolleyes.gif[/img]

TeresaBenedicta

[quote name='lookingforfaith' date='10 August 2010 - 10:27 PM' timestamp='1281490043' post='2155549']
The other night I was praying in my room. I was kind of upset and I began pleading with God to grant me some sort of sign of what He wants me to do. That I will follow wherever He wills me to go, but I just gotta know what it is He is asking me to do. Well today at work, I was organizing some shelves and I hear "Maybe this nice young lady can help us." I look over and see two fully habited sisters by my side. I helped them get the things they needed and they left. I just rolled my eyes and said "Gotcha." [img]http://www.phatmass.com/phorum/public/style_emoticons/default/rolleyes.gif[/img]
[/quote]
:sweat:

Oh how God works!! I've had my share of those moments!!

:lol_roll:

Oooh, what Order, by the way?

TeresaBenedicta

[quote name='lookingforfaith' date='10 August 2010 - 10:34 PM' timestamp='1281490454' post='2155552']
I was too shy to ask them, but judging by their habits I would assume Benedictine.
[/quote]

Neat!

Well, all I can say is you better beware. God is tricksy sometimes and it looks like He's already working on you!

[quote name='lookingforfaith' date='10 August 2010 - 09:27 PM' timestamp='1281490043' post='2155549']
[/quote]
Gotta love God. He is rather tricksy. I remember praying once a while ago that God would tell me what to do. Shortly after, some lady at church asked me what I wanted to do, and I said I didnt know. She looks at me real serious and says, "You should be a nun. You would make a good nun. You should be a nun." I had never met her before in my life. I would see her at daily mass a couple times when I would go with my family in middle school. She was a really nice African-American lady and had a really thick accent. I don't even know her name. :(

But yeah, be careful what you pray for...
;)

OnlySunshine

[quote name='JTheresa' date='10 August 2010 - 11:02 PM' timestamp='1281495749' post='2155598']
Gotta love God. He is rather tricksy. I remember praying once a while ago that God would tell me what to do. Shortly after, some lady at church asked me what I wanted to do, and I said I didnt know. She looks at me real serious and says, "You should be a nun. You would make a good nun. You should be a nun." I had never met her before in my life. I would see her at daily mass a couple times when I would go with my family in middle school. She was a really nice African-American lady and had a really thick accent. I don't even know her name. :(

But yeah, be careful what you pray for...
;)
[/quote]

:hehe:

Divine Mercy 9999

[quote name='lookingforfaith' date='10 August 2010 - 08:46 PM' timestamp='1281491199' post='2155557']
God is crafty. Good, but crafty.
[/quote]

So is His mother... .I've had a few of those moments too... :) :) :)

OnlySunshine

[quote name='elizabeth09' date='11 August 2010 - 06:25 PM' timestamp='1281565509' post='2156138']
I have no idea what God wants me to do, but I will keep praying and I hope that I can do His Will for me. :detective:
[/quote]

Are you still discerning religious life?