An Old School Catholic Message Board

Dsmme Professions

DameAgnes

Just keep scrolling; great pictures

http://sistersofmary.org/index.php?option=com_content&view=category&layout=blog&id=12&Itemid=147

dominicansoul

I was at the Final Profession! :woot:

It was my first time back in five years... if Norman Rockwell would have been there, he would have painted the scene...

I love my Sisters! :love:

loveletslive

i was at first professions...beautiful! oprah's film crew was filming at both events! perhaps they are having a follow-up?!

dominicansoul

[quote name='loveletslive' timestamp='1281748152' post='2156886']
i was at first professions...beautiful! oprah's film crew was filming at both events! perhaps they are having a follow-up?!
[/quote]

they are going to re-air the original broadcast on Monday... I imagine, they will include the new footage as well as a sort of "follow up."

laetitia crucis

[quote name='dominicansoul' timestamp='1281749514' post='2156905']
they are going to re-air the original broadcast on Monday... I imagine, they will include the new footage as well as a sort of "follow up."
[/quote]

Ooooo.. this is most excellent. I'm hoping one of my friends will DVR it for me -- aaaand then perhaps we'll watch it for my "Bride of Christ" shower. :evil:

:woot:

[quote name='loveletslive' timestamp='1281748152' post='2156886']
[/quote]

[quote name='dominicansoul' timestamp='1281749514' post='2156905']
[/quote]

Actually, I believe they are filming a *sort of* follow-up... it's supposed to be an entire episode devoted just to the Sisters, and also will have some interviews with their families, which should be interesting.

laetitia crucis

[quote name='franciscanlady' timestamp='1281899412' post='2157812']
Does anybody know when the postulants enter? :bounce:
[/quote]

Not really sure... for some reason, I always thought they entered around the Feast of St. Dominic. But eh... I'm definitely no expert. :lol:

TeresaBenedicta

[quote name='laetitia crucis' timestamp='1281899550' post='2157817']
Not really sure... for some reason, I always thought they entered around the Feast of St. Dominic. But eh... I'm definitely no expert. :lol:
[/quote]

I was thinking the Feast of St. Augustine? Maybe? But, I'm not expert either!

LadyOfSorrows

[quote name='Margaret Mary' timestamp='1281908555' post='2157845']
I am pretty sure its August 28th. That is the usual date, but they could have changed it.
[/quote]

Yes, one of the sisters just told me it would be August 28th. So soon!

[quote name='franciscanlady' timestamp='1281928636' post='2157981']
:twothumbsup: Thanks
[/quote]

The Re-run will be tomorrow, the 16th, according to a newsletter I just got.

loveletslive

[quote name='Caritas' timestamp='1281753072' post='2156922']
Actually, I believe they are filming a *sort of* follow-up... it's supposed to be an entire episode devoted just to the Sisters, and also will have some interviews with their families, which should be interesting.
[/quote]

ah that makes sense because i saw the crews filming sr. maria catherine and her dad as she talked and then followed her around closely as she talked to family and friends.