An Old School Catholic Message Board

The Signs Of The Times

Livin_the_MASS

Wow! When did the postmenopausal dispensionalists stage a hostile takeover of a Catholic board??

J/K

There are a lot of signs that could be interpreted to signal the end times are here, but they could be "false alarms".

Besides, aren't the Jewish people supposed to convert before the return of Christ?

Just gotta put my two cents in here,

There is a facinating book written by Mr. Anthony Gilles, titled "the people of the way". It is out of print (and no, you cant borrow mine! :)

What is great about it is that it explains revelations for what it is worth. A letter written by John on the island of Patmos in reference to the persecution of the believers in the church. Many were being killed. He wanted them to hold fast to thier beliefs and explained "how" Christ would take care of it. In a series of visions he explained figuratively how this would be done.
Nero at that time was persecuting Christians, thereby Nero represented the symbol/numbers of '666'. Its amazing how many believed in numerology (people on the island of Pompeii for example-is mentioned in the book)
Those early Christians could not only relate to what John was conveying to them through these letter or liturgies in thier 'secret' coding. But found his words to be of such wonderful use in their everyday life. *I say secret because all of his letters were checked before being allowed to be fowarded, after all, Patmos was the island he was banned to, like a prison*

If one could just understand that, then you look at Revelations in a whole new way.

My friends, there is an end time to everything,
a bad situation
persecution
life
a bad haircut. (I realize that sound rather cold, but think about it. It was to make a point)

If anyone can obtain a copy, and there are actually 6 or 7 volumes that he wrote about the bible, that one is the second. they will find it to be extremely interesting.
the people of the book
the people of the way- this is the one in reference to revelation
the people of the creed.
the people of the reformation

Ouch! I cant remember all the titles. But I will get them if anyone is interested.

If I am to understand the Churchs views on the popular 'end time' theories, with its 'rapture' and 'tribulation'. then my ( or should I say-Mr Gilles) view is more acceptable to the Church.
Since I believe that there already was a second coming, and Satan is already bound.

anyone?

God Conquers

haven't the jewish people already converted? I mean, of course not all of them, but weren't many of the first christians jews?

Livin_the_MASS

Our Lord to St. Faustina

(83)

[b]"Write this: before I come as the just Judge, I am coming first as the King of Mercy. Before the day of justice arrives, there will be given to people a sign in the heavens of this sort:

All the light in the heavens will be extinguished, and there will be great darkness over the whole earth. Then the sign of the cross will be seen in the sky, and from the openings where the hands and feet of the Savior were nailed will come forth great lights which will light up the earth for a period of time. This will take place shortly before the last day."[/b]

Our Lord to St. Faustina

(848)

[b]"Oh, what great graces I will grant to souls who say this chaplet; the very depths of My tender mercy are stirred for the sake of those who say the chaplet. Write down these words, My daughter. Speak to the world about my mercy; let all mankind recognize My unfathomable mercy. It is a sign for the end times; after it will come the day of justice. While there is still time, let them have recourse to the fount of My mercy; let them profit from the Blood and Water which gushed forth for them."[/b]

(1588)

[b]"In the Old Covenant I sent prophets wielding thunderbolts to My people. Today I am sending you with My mercy to the people of the whole world. I do not want to punish aching mankind, but I desire to heal it, pressing it to My Merciful Heart. I use punishment when they themselves force Me to do so; My hand is reluctant to take hold of the sword of justice. Before the Day of Justice I am sending the Day of Mercy."[/b]

+
J.M.J.

The Soul's Expectation of the Coming of the Lord.

"I do not know, O Lord, at what hour You will come.
And so I keep constant watch and listen As Your chosen bride,
Knowing that You like to come unexpected.
Yet, a pure heart will sense you from afar, O Lord.

"I wait for You, Lord, in calm and silence,
With great longing in my heart
And with invincible desire.
I feel that my love for You is changing fire,
And that it will rise to heaven like a flame at life's end,
And then all my wishes will be fulfilled.

"Come then, at last, my most sweet Lord
And take my thirsting heart
There, to Your home in the lofty regions of heaven,
Where Your eternal life perdures..

"Life on this earth is but an agony,
As my heart feels it is created for the heights.
For it the lowlands of this life hold no interest,
For my homeland is in heaven---this I firmly believe."

Peace of Christ to all
Jason