An Old School Catholic Message Board

Just Thought I'd Share A Snippet Of A Letter...

dUSt

[i]"Dust,

My name is Erick, I represent Bishop Ronald Gainer from the Diocese of Lexington in Kentucky. This past weekend we had a meeting in which a college student told us she has been accepted to join the Dominican Sisters and she credits finding her vocation to your site Phatmass.com..."[/i]

It's letters like these that motivate me to keep phatmass up and running. Thank you for making this site awesome!!! :iloveyou:

Awwww!!! :blush: That's awesome! I love reading things like this! Thanks so much for sharing dUSt!

Hmm, I wonder if she was a member or a lurker...

laetitia crucis

[quote name='dUSt' timestamp='1282332318' post='2160710']
[i]"Dust,

My name is Erick, I represent Bishop Ronald Gainer from the Diocese of Lexington in Kentucky. This past weekend we had a meeting in which a college student told us she has been accepted to join the Dominican Sisters and she credits finding her vocation to your site Phatmass.com..."[/i]

It's letters like these that motivate me to keep phatmass up and running. Thank you for making this site awesome!!! :iloveyou:
[/quote]

[quote name='dominicansoul' timestamp='1282332788' post='2160715']
Hey, was that person LC???

:clap:
[/quote]

You're good, DS!!! :ninja:

*major blushage*

[img]http://i853.photobucket.com/albums/ab91/Hildemv/0006.gif[/img]

[size=1]That was me.[/size]

:hehehe:

And might I say, ERICK ROCKS!!! He's doing AMAZING things for the Lexington Diocese -- I am quite the phan. :nun:

Pray for him -- HE'S AWESOME!

[u]Edited to add[/u]:

Please pray for Bishop Gainer, too. He's such a great bishop and is also doing AMAAAAZING things for the Lexington Diocese. :priest_halo: The Lexington diocese is definitely my "home" even though I'm not currently residing in that diocese. It's where I entered the Church and where I began my discernment of religious life. Phatmass (Vocation Station specifically), however, is where I found my vocation to the Dominicans. [b][color="#9932CC"]THANK YOU, dUSt!!! YOU ARE AWESOME!!!!!!!!! :blowkiss:[/color][/b]

Edited by laetitia crucis

TeresaBenedicta
:nun:

I read that and thought immediately: LC!!!!!!!!

In all seriousness, Dust, this site has been influential for many, many of us. Thank you.

[quote name='dUSt' timestamp='1282332318' post='2160710']
[i]"Dust,

[/quote]

Dust -- keep up the good work. You really have done a good job with the phorums. I know that at least with Phatmass I stop thinking I'm the only one struggling with their vocation, and that in and of itself is a blessing.

:)

IgnatiusofLoyola

[quote name='laetitia crucis' timestamp='1282350135' post='2160848']
Just leave it to me and my big mouth -- I'd tell the WHOLE WORLD about Phatmass if I could! :sweat:
[/quote]

Just be careful. You were already a Catholic when you came to Phatmass. For some people, Phatmass has been one of the primary influences in their conversion, which is wonderful. For other people--not so much. :whistle: Like every other community on earth, Phatmass is made up of all-too-human people. If future posters have realistic expectations, Phatmass can be great--but at times, not so great, if you know what I mean.

[quote name='IgnatiusofLoyola' timestamp='1282353018' post='2160866']
Just be careful. You were already a Catholic when you came to Phatmass. For some people, Phatmass has been one of the primary influences in their conversion, which is wonderful. For other people--not so much. :whistle: Like every other community on earth, Phatmass is made up of all-too-human people. If future posters have realistic expectations, Phatmass can be great--but at times, not so great, if you know what I mean.
[/quote]
Debbie downer.

dominicansoul

[quote name='vee8' timestamp='1282343237' post='2160787']
Ok this has nothing to do with " teh vibez" but I thought of LC immediately too.
[/quote]

chicka...this has "teh vibez" written all over it..

:nun:

IgnatiusofLoyola

[quote name='dUSt' timestamp='1282357896' post='2160881']
Debbie downer.
[/quote]

:sadwalk: Not trying to be a downer--just realistic. In no way do I want to stifle L-C's enthusiasm--not that I could even if I wanted to (which I don't).

It's too late for me to edit my post, or I'd delete my comment. I meant to do it earlier when I was able to, but I got busy doing something else and forgot.

Sorry about that. I'll shut up. :shutup:

Edited by IgnatiusofLoyola