An Old School Catholic Message Board

Bride Of Christ Shower

laetitia crucis

[quote name='dominicansoul' timestamp='1282360508' post='2160892']
the guest should dress LC in a dominican habit made of toilet paper!!!!
[/quote]

So for the night she will be Sister Laetitcia Crucis TP not OP :nun:

[quote name='vee8' timestamp='1282360678' post='2160893']
[/quote]

JMJ
If I was drinking coke I would have choked :nun:

laetitia crucis

[quote name='dominicansoul' timestamp='1282360508' post='2160892']
the guest should dress LC in a dominican habit made of toilet paper!!!!
[/quote]

[quote name='vee8' timestamp='1282360678' post='2160893']
[/quote]

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAAHHAAHAHAHAHAHHAAHHAAHHAAAAAA!!!!!

:lol_pound:

EPIC WIN!

Indwelling Trinity

[quote name='laetitia crucis' timestamp='1282340238' post='2160765']
Hello my beloved VSers! :nun: ( <-- VICTOOOOOOOOOOOOOORY!!!)

This Sunday my friends will be throwing me a Bride of Christ shower. I first head about this type of thing a several months ago (most likely through VS! Hah!) and saw this post from the Passionists Nuns: [url="http://www.passionistnuns.org/blog/?p=47"]A "Bride of Christ" Shower[/url]. This party will be celebrated with a few of my closest friends -- there will be five or six of us in total.

We'll be watching [url="http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0061122/"][i]The Trouble with Angels[/i][/url] (and maybe [i][url="http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0171433/"]Keeping the Faith[/url][/i]) aaaand I think I'll be making that to-die-for [url="http://thepioneerwoman.com/tasty-kitchen/recipes/desserts/coffee-cake-literally/"]Literal Coffee Cake[/url].

[img]http://i853.photobucket.com/albums/ab91/Hildemv/0007.gif[/img]

I'm sure we'll play games, too, but I don't really know what.

Anyhooooo -- so, I just wanted to check in here to see if anyone else has had experience with these things (Bride of Christ showers or even normal Bridal Showers).

- fun games to play (perhaps "cleaned up" versions of Bridal Shower games)
- fun "beverages" to drink and foods to eat
- fun activities
- fun bridal shower "traditions" ("cleaned up", please, if not appropriate :saint: )
- anything else I don't know. Haha!

P.S. -- this Sunday is the Feast of the Queenship of Mary. Isn't that lovely? Makes me happy -- even if it is technically trumped by Sunday. :nun: )

Thanks, all!

:notworthy: :blowkiss:

:nun:
[/quote]

IgnatiusofLoyola

[quote name='Indwelling Trinity' timestamp='1282413588' post='2161087']
I am so out of touch where are you entering sis?

love,
Indwelling trinity
[/quote]

Indwelling Trinity!!! <hugs> It's SO good to hear from you. Just seeing that you had made a post, any post, made me happy! I hope that you are out of the hospital and are feeling at least a little better. All of us pray for you every day and miss you SO much!

I will let L-C speak for herself as to which Community she's joining and her entrance date, but she will be a Dominican Sister in England!

Indwelling Trinity

[quote name='IgnatiusofLoyola' timestamp='1282414934' post='2161097']
Indwelling Trinity!!! <hugs> It's SO good to hear from you. Just seeing that you had made a post, any post, made me happy! I hope that you are out of the hospital and are feeling at least a little better. All of us pray for you every day and miss you SO much!

I will let L-C speak for herself as to which Community she's joining and her entrance date, but she will be a Dominican Sister in England!
[/quote]

OMG How wonderful!

laetitia crucis

[quote name='Indwelling Trinity' timestamp='1282413588' post='2161087']
I am so out of touch where are you entering sis?

love,
Indwelling trinity
[/quote]

INDWELLING TRINITYYYYYYYYY!!!! (((((HUGS)))))

I am so glad to hear from you and to see your latest post here! :yahoo:

To answer your question, I will be entering the [url="http://www.dominicansrs.co.uk"]Dominican Sisters of St. Joseph[/url] -- on October 7th, "God willing, and the creek don't rise!", as they sound 'round these parts. :D

And, God willing, if my Visa is approved. :sign: ;)

Indwelling Trinity

[quote name='laetitia crucis' timestamp='1282421597' post='2161163']

To answer your question, I will be entering the [url="http://www.dominicansrs.co.uk"]Dominican Sisters of St. Joseph[/url] -- on October 7th, "God willing, and the creek don't rise!", as they sound 'round these parts. :D

And, God willing, if my Visa is approved. :sign: ;)
[/quote]

Hugs you so very tightly! I am so wonderfully overjoyed for you sis! May you find you hearts desire and be for Jesus everything he longs you to be in Him!:love:

[quote name='laetitia crucis' timestamp='1282397625' post='2161008']
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAAHHAAHAHAHAHAHHAAHHAAHHAAAAAA! !!!!

:lol_pound:

EPIC WIN!
[/quote]

ya we were brainstorming ideas for your party in the chat last night and that was the best we could come up with :sweat:

I dont know how you would be able to put it together but some kind of guess the habit/order/saint game might be fun.

laetitia crucis

Hi alllll! :nun:

Just wanted to post a big "THANK YOU!" for all of your ideas!

My Bride of Christ shower is ending this evening with a barrage of fun board games -- "Whoonu", "Team Trivial Pursuit", etc. :juggling:

We started the day going to Mass, then we came back and I baked The Amazing Literal Coffee Cake (everyone LOVED it, by the way :eat: Really, everyone NEEDS to make this cake.) Our kitchen was packed with everyone cooking and baking various goodies, mostly "finger foods", which I think was quite nice for a "bridal shower".

So, we had a nice light lunch, and champagne. We also took a lot of fun pictures. :photo:

I didn't get a TP Dominican habit; [i]however[/i] I wore my Catherine of Siena "habit" that I wore for my parish's "All Saints Day" party -- including my "bridal veil". :nun: And just CRAZY... this morning all my bridal shower guests came wearing the SAME color scheme! This was definitely [b]not[/b] planned. It was almost creepy. Everyone was wearing black, white, and the SAME shade of pink. It was "Whoooooooa." :blink: So, given the "Whooooooooooooa" color scheme, we decided it was necessary to take "wedding-like" photos. Hahaha!

Also, when I came out of the bathroom wearing my "habit", my best friend just bawled. She kept saying, "This is [i]it[/i]. This is REAL. This is how it's [i]supposed[/i] to be." I took everything in my power to not lose it. Reality is beginning to hit. It's intense. Please pray for me, and if you can spare it, please say a little prayer for my best friend, too.

So, after lunch, my friends had a several "bridal shower" games planned -- "Who Knows the Bride-to-Be Best?" (I can't remember the actual name of that game, but it was fun!); a quiz game for everyone to stump ME about the Church/Catholicism (I had NO idea there were EIGHT Crusades! :sweat: ); English/England trivia; several quirky and fun "worksheet/tests/quizzes"; etc. Oooh, and everyone had a go with trying on my veil!!!! That was WOOOOOONDERFUL!!!! :woot: We took pictures. Lots of pictures. Hah!

P.S. -- one of the "Who Knows the Bride-to-Be Best" questions was, "What was the bride-to-be's favorite childhood toy?" These were the answers: "The Encyclopedia," "The Dictionary," "books"... :lol_pound: Aaaaahahahahahaha!!!

Okay -- gotta go again! We're going to play "Whoonu"! And have some champagne!

Hopefully tomorrow I'll have some time to hang out here! :blowkiss:

TeresaBenedicta

[quote name='laetitia crucis' timestamp='1282524672' post='2161688']
Hi alllll! :nun:

Just wanted to post a big "THANK YOU!" for all of your ideas!

My Bride of Christ shower is ending this evening with a barrage of fun board games -- "Whoonu", "Team Trivial Pursuit", etc. :juggling:

We started the day going to Mass, then we came back and I baked The Amazing Literal Coffee Cake (everyone LOVED it, by the way :eat: Really, everyone NEEDS to make this cake.) Our kitchen was packed with everyone cooking and baking various goodies, mostly "finger foods", which I think was quite nice for a "bridal shower".

So, we had a nice light lunch, and champagne. We also took a lot of fun pictures. :photo:

I didn't get a TP Dominican habit; [i]however[/i] I wore my Catherine of Siena "habit" that I wore for my parish's "All Saints Day" party -- including my "bridal veil". :nun: And just CRAZY... this morning all my bridal shower guests came wearing the SAME color scheme! This was definitely [b]not[/b] planned. It was almost creepy. Everyone was wearing black, white, and the SAME shade of pink. It was "Whoooooooa." :blink: So, given the "Whooooooooooooa" color scheme, we decided it was necessary to take "wedding-like" photos. Hahaha!

Also, when I came out of the bathroom wearing my "habit", my best friend just bawled. She kept saying, "This is [i]it[/i]. This is REAL. This is how it's [i]supposed[/i] to be." I took everything in my power to not lose it. Reality is beginning to hit. It's intense. Please pray for me, and if you can spare it, please say a little prayer for my best friend, too.

So, after lunch, my friends had a several "bridal shower" games planned -- "Who Knows the Bride-to-Be Best?" (I can't remember the actual name of that game, but it was fun!); a quiz game for everyone to stump ME about the Church/Catholicism (I had NO idea there were EIGHT Crusades! :sweat: ); English/England trivia; several quirky and fun "worksheet/tests/quizzes"; etc. Oooh, and everyone had a go with trying on my veil!!!! That was WOOOOOONDERFUL!!!! :woot: We took pictures. Lots of pictures. Hah!

P.S. -- one of the "Who Knows the Bride-to-Be Best" questions was, "What was the bride-to-be's favorite childhood toy?" These were the answers: "The Encyclopedia," "The Dictionary," "books"... :lol_pound: Aaaaahahahahahaha!!!

Okay -- gotta go again! We're going to play "Whoonu"! And have some champagne!

Hopefully tomorrow I'll have some time to hang out here! :blowkiss:

[/quote]

Awwww, LC, this makes me sooooo happy!!!!!! Yay!!!!!! Know of my constant prayers for your (and your best friend!)!!!!

Indwelling Trinity

[quote name='TeresaBenedicta' timestamp='1282525001' post='2161691']
Awwww, LC, this makes me sooooo happy!!!!!! Yay!!!!!! Know of my constant prayers for your (and your best friend!)!!!!
[/quote]

Laughing LC This is just WONDERFUL!!!!!!!

When i first entered my friends took me out to a taihitiian luoau! Laughing and when i was being sent to rome with another sister to begin the postulancy the stewardess wanted to know why we were so happy. We told her we were going to enter the convent and she tolds the captian of the plane who ordered free champagne for us! Laughing knowing it would be our lat chance to ever have a drink we accepted.... sorry to say when we landed in Rome we were both a little tipsy as at higher elvevations in a preesurized cabin you dont feel it as much as when you land. Thank God the Postulant mistress didn't notice it when she picked us up! We giggled al the way to the convent! :drunk: :seesaw::saint:

[quote name='Indwelling Trinity' timestamp='1282531937' post='2161774']
she tolds the captian of the plane who ordered free champagne for us!
[/quote]

They had planes back then? :|

:blowkiss:

LC I dont know what to say because Im so happy for you and kind of shocked that you actually dress like Catherine of Siena! Why not just dress like Gemma or Therese! :P Ive got less than fifty days to pick on you so Ive got to try to fit it all in now!

Indwelling Trinity

[quote name='laetitia crucis' timestamp='1282421597' post='2161163']

To answer your question, I will be entering the [url="http://www.dominicansrs.co.uk"]Dominican Sisters of St. Joseph[/url] -- on October 7th, "God willing, and the creek don't rise!", as they sound 'round these parts. [img]http://www.phatmass.com/phorum/public/style_emoticons/default/lol_grin.gif[/img]

And, God willing, if my Visa is approved. [img]http://www.phatmass.com/phorum/public/style_emoticons/default/signofcross.gif[/img] ;)
[/quote]

I am so happy for you but am wondering sis what made you choose this particular Dominican community over lets say nashville dominicans or other dominican communities that are now blooming here in the states? To show you how little i know i always thought you were headed for cloistered Dominicans! Dunce here!

I love Dominicans laughing but i would have made a terrible one! I kept falling asleep when reading Thomas Aquinas! :P

I love you very much and already feel sad at the thought of you going and not being heer with us chickens! :kiss: