eustace scrubb Posted August 25, 2010 Posted August 25, 2010 [quote name='JTheresa' timestamp='1282769236' post='2163147'] Nice summary. And thanks for the yahoo! quote; it helps narrow down the differences quiite a bit. And while we are on these topics, are there any emo emos? [/quote] [img]http://i280.photobucket.com/albums/kk185/4got_my_name/emoticon-0147-emo-1.png[/img] This is one I've seen before.
IgnatiusofLoyola Posted August 25, 2010 Author Posted August 25, 2010 (edited) [quote name='Nihil Obstat' timestamp='1282768241' post='2163132'] This is what Molly P. on Yahoo answers says: Emo was originally a nickname for "emotive hardcore" (type of music), but has evolved into meaning "emotional" because it was misinterpreted, since fans of this music were ususally known for being a bunch of depressed-self-harming-teens with too much free time. It's all stereotypical. But this is what it's known for now. An emo person (like I said stereotypical) would be very depressed, hate the world, including themselves and probabl cry all the time. They've even stereotyped and emo style. Usually "emo" kids dress in skinny jeans, dark colors (but not all black), band tee shirts, and chucks. But, like I said about 5 or so times. IT'S ALL STEREOTYPICAL!!! And it did originally mean "emotive hardcore". (and if some one dresses like that it doesn't mean they're gonna go suicidal!) The word "gothic" was originally used to descibe works of art that were "dark", which is the meaning, hence how it now descibes people we call "goth". Gothic is now used as an adjective is ususally used to discribe people who wear all, or mostly black. They're usually gloomy. And people think that they do some sort of devil worship. They're sometimes depressed, but everyone can get depressed, so that doesn't really count. Gothic style is: (like I said) all or mostly black, heavy eyeliner, black or odd colored hair. This too can all be stereotypical. Like you can dress "goth" and not worship the devil. You can say you're goth and not worship the devil. There's a goth style music too. It's like a form of rock. Sort of. But like I said, through this whole thing. Most of this is stereotypical, especially all the "emo" stuff. It's kinda sad how things can get so stupidly out of hand. [/quote] Thanks for the explanation. I read the vocational story once of a Passionist nun. She was discerning religious life, and realized that all her life she had loved black and had been a "goth" even before there were "goths." (Meaning teenage "goths," not "visigoths"--an entirely different, and far more violent subspecies). So, when she saw the Passionist habit, she loved it because it meant she could wear black every day for the rest of her life. So, who knows, the goths and emos of today may be the religious Sisters and Brothers of the future. Edited August 25, 2010 by IgnatiusofLoyola
JTheresa Posted August 25, 2010 Posted August 25, 2010 (edited) [quote name='Nihil Obstat' timestamp='1282769458' post='2163154'] [/quote] thiis ones not emo! he's just French. [quote name='eustace scrubb' timestamp='1282769646' post='2163160'] [img]http://i280.photobucket.com/albums/kk185/4got_my_name/emoticon-0147-emo-1.png[/img] This is one I've seen before. [/quote] That's better. lemme see if I can find one with emo tears.... i didn't but I found a cutter: [img]http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_mNcgXlFv568/R5EEaFqTekI/AAAAAAAABM4/UO3Npl5yt-A/s400/emo.gif[/img] Edited August 25, 2010 by JTheresa
IgnatiusofLoyola Posted August 25, 2010 Author Posted August 25, 2010 [quote name='Winchester' timestamp='1282768404' post='2163134'] Skinny jeans are effeminate. [/quote] This may be true for guys who are wearing eye makeup and other things usually worn by women. But, on a guy with the right body, and who isn't wearing make-up, etc, skinny jeans can emphasize a guy's, uh, masculinity. Just sayin'. It's all context.
Winchester Posted August 25, 2010 Posted August 25, 2010 [quote name='Nihil Obstat' timestamp='1282768853' post='2163142'] Hearing this from you is just kind of strange. [/quote] I dig the ladies.
eustace scrubb Posted August 25, 2010 Posted August 25, 2010 [quote name='Winchester' timestamp='1282770777' post='2163173'] I dig the ladies. [/quote] HA HA HA!!! Perfect response... lol
Nihil Obstat Posted August 25, 2010 Posted August 25, 2010 [quote name='Winchester' timestamp='1282770777' post='2163173'] I dig the ladies. [/quote] [img]http://www.epicwin.org/img/luckystar/review/05.jpg[/img]
Winchester Posted August 25, 2010 Posted August 25, 2010 [quote name='Nihil Obstat' timestamp='1282772029' post='2163183'] [img]http://www.epicwin.org/img/luckystar/review/05.jpg[/img] [/quote] liberals
Winchester Posted August 25, 2010 Posted August 25, 2010 [img]https://www.t-mobilepictures.com/myalbum/photos/photo25/61/92/6fd4b3afe53e__1282746113000.jpg[/img]
Nihil Obstat Posted August 25, 2010 Posted August 25, 2010 [quote name='Winchester' timestamp='1282773403' post='2163192'] [img]https://www.t-mobilepictures.com/myalbum/photos/photo25/61/92/6fd4b3afe53e__1282746113000.jpg[/img] [/quote] [img]http://www.motifake.com/image/demotivational-poster/0807/myspace-angle-pictures-myspace-angle-pictures-turtle-shark-demotivational-poster-1216001091.jpg[/img]
Winchester Posted August 25, 2010 Posted August 25, 2010 (edited) nvm Edited August 25, 2010 by Winchester
Nihil Obstat Posted August 25, 2010 Posted August 25, 2010 [quote name='Winchester' timestamp='1282773403' post='2163192'] [img]https://www.t-mobilepictures.com/myalbum/photos/photo25/61/92/6fd4b3afe53e__1282746113000.jpg[/img] [/quote] [quote name='Winchester' timestamp='1282773941' post='2163194'] nvm [/quote] Ah, way to edit before I could reply. I was going to say that you look younger than I expected.
IgnatiusofLoyola Posted August 25, 2010 Author Posted August 25, 2010 [quote name='Winchester' timestamp='1282773403' post='2163192'] [img]https://www.t-mobilepictures.com/myalbum/photos/photo25/61/92/6fd4b3afe53e__1282746113000.jpg[/img] [/quote] Well, he's got pretty eyes (although, to me, they'd look better without make-up). And the piercings just look painful. But, performers who appeal to very young girls often tend to look kind of effeminate. (Frankly, if I hadn't known this was a guy, I would have thought he was a girl--except maybe for the few, small, chin hairs.) One theory is that very young girls find very masculine men threatening, so they are more attracted to young male performers who are kind of effeminate, so don't look as threatening. However, I am not a very young girl.
Winchester Posted August 25, 2010 Posted August 25, 2010 [quote name='Nihil Obstat' timestamp='1282774009' post='2163196'] Ah, way to edit before I could reply. I was going to say that you look younger than I expected. [/quote] I thought it was extreme douchebaggery to say "I made mine," so I took the comment down. It's not douchebaggery to acknowledge one had a db moment, though.
Nihil Obstat Posted August 25, 2010 Posted August 25, 2010 [quote name='Winchester' timestamp='1282774341' post='2163200'] I thought it was extreme douchebaggery to say "I made mine," so I took the comment down. It's not douchebaggery to acknowledge one had a db moment, though. [/quote] I don't understand. I blame the liberals again.
Winchester Posted August 25, 2010 Posted August 25, 2010 [quote name='IgnatiusofLoyola' timestamp='1282774247' post='2163198'] Well, he's got pretty eyes (although, to me, they'd look better without make-up). And the piercings just look painful. But, performers who appeal to very young girls often tend to look kind of effeminate. (Frankly, if I hadn't known this was a guy, I would have thought he was a girl--except maybe for the few, small, chin hairs.) One theory is that very young girls find very masculine men threatening, so they are more attracted to young male performers who are kind of effeminate, so don't look as threatening. However, I am not a very young girl. [/quote] The Queens Underthings! The joke is that he has no depth perception. The appropriate response: [quote name='IgnatiusofLoyola' timestamp='1282774247' post='2163198'] lol [/quote]
Winchester Posted August 25, 2010 Posted August 25, 2010 [quote name='Nihil Obstat' timestamp='1282774431' post='2163201'] I don't understand. I blame the liberals again. [/quote] You didn't see my response before I edited it?
Nihil Obstat Posted August 25, 2010 Posted August 25, 2010 [quote name='Winchester' timestamp='1282774678' post='2163207'] You didn't see my response before I edited it? [/quote] I did, but I didn't get a particular impression of douchebagginess.
Winchester Posted August 25, 2010 Posted August 25, 2010 [quote name='Nihil Obstat' timestamp='1282774742' post='2163208'] I did, but I didn't get a particular impression of douchebagginess. [/quote] Repeat it to yourself, but in a real weird voice, like you're mocking me.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now