An Old School Catholic Message Board

A Dear Friend

PaladinSoG

I humbly ask for prayers for the repose of the soul of a friend of mine and the comfort of her family. Her name is Amber Todd and passed way last night, Wednesday at 9:30.
She was about 18 years old and at the start of the summer was in a car accident. Not wearing her seat belt she was thrown from the vehicle which then proceeded to roll and land on top of her. In a miracle she had no broken bones but she did have internal bleeding and damage to major organs.
For the entire summer she sat in ICU healing. On the day of the accident her mother started praying a nine day novena. From the first day Amber arrived at the hospital she was unresponsive then on the ninth day of her mothers novena she awoke and even spoke, "I wanna go home."
From then on it was an up hill battle for recovery. Amber surprised doctors at how quickly she was pulling through and after an entire summer of rehab and constant surgeries she was moved from ICU then finally allowed to go home a week or two after this move.
Then as of tonight on September 1, 2010 I received a text that Amber was in the ER going through an emergency surgery. After a few minutes of waiting another message came through with bitter new. The surgery the doctors performed was too little too late. They had nothing else they could do for her and proceeded to remove her from life support. Amber Todd passed away soon after.

This is very rough I know for her family but also for many others, including me for this girl was part of a Catholic youth group I'm in called SALT. We in SALT were all basically family to one another. So in a way this is a massive prayer for not only Amber and her family but for her SALT family and me as well. I am finding this whole situation so rough, that after so much that this girl pulled through, after so much pain just to be able to stand once again, this happens, and really it beyond me.

I'm sorry if I'm rambling on I just need a vent of some kind at the moment.
Thank you and God bless