An Old School Catholic Message Board

Its Novena Time! Do It! Therese Demands It!

vee

It is that time of year again to start your novena to St Therese! Yes HER. If you have never said one to her or anyone else start now! Try it! She answers and she likes huge requests, tough ones, something harder than gimme a bunch of roses. You might get real roses but the spiritual ones are incredible, and much more fun. If she really smacks you you can join me in the face making <_< It was after saying the novena to her last year , expecting nothing, that she really hit me hard and is the reason why Im on VS and why I like giving her annoyed looks like this <_< She turned my life upside down so I am torn between intense love and gratitude, and not hate but wanting to hit her! :bash: hahahaha!

I will post two novenas to choose from. This is the short one

[color="#420000"][color="#006699"]O Little Therese of the Child Jesus, please pick for me a rose from the heavenly gardens and send it to me as a message of love.[/color]

[color="#006699"]O Little Flower of Jesus, ask God today to grant the favors I now place with confidence in your hands...(mention petitions)[/color]

[color="#006699"]St. Therese, help me to always believe as you did, in God's great love for me, so that I might imitate your "Little Way" each day. Amen.[/color]

[/color]Here is the longer one. [url="http://www.ewtn.com/therese/novena.htm"]http://www.ewtn.com/therese/novena.htm[/url] Last year I did the short one cus Im lazy and she still answered so its sincerity that matters not length of prayer. I will try to post the longer one each day so we can say it together or you can say the short one whichever. Also the day you start doesnt matter, or if you miss a day or two. I forget last year and started on her feast day instead of ending on it but still it didnt matter. Shes not so picky and technical!

I will pray for all of you and your intentions. :nun3: :nun1:

Day 1
:pray: :nunpray:

Come Holy Spirit and fill the hearts of the faithful, and kindle in them the fire of divine love.

[b]V[/b]. Send forth Your Spirit and they shall be created.

[b]R.[/b] And You shall renew the face of the earth.

[b]Let us pray: [/b]O God, who have instructed the hearts of the faithful by the light of the Holy Spirit; grant that by the gift of the same Spirit, we may be ever truly wise and rejoice in His consolation, through Christ our Lord. Amen.

[b]Acts of Faith, Hope, and Love:[/b] O my God! I believe in Thee: strengthen my faith. All my hopes are in Thee: do Thou secure them. I love Thee: teach me to love Thee daily more and more.

[b]The Act of Contrition:[/b] O my God! I am heartily sorry for having offended You, and I detest all my sins, because I dread the loss of heaven and the pains of hell, but most of all because they offend You, my God, who are all good and deserving of all my love. I firmly resolve, with the help of Your grace, to confess my sins, to do penance , and to amend my life. Amen.

St. Thérèse, privileged Little Flower of Jesus and Mary, I approach you with childlike confidence and deep humility. I lay before you my desires, and beg that through your intercession they may be realized. Did you not promise to spend your heaven doing good upon earth? Grant me according to this promise the favors I am asking from you.

Intercede for us all the days of our life, but specially during this Novena and obtain for us from God the graces and favors we ask through your intercession. Amen.

[b]Thought for the day: [/b][i]Confidence in God. We can never have too much confidence in the good God who is so powerful and so merciful. We obtain from Him as much as we hope for.[/i]

[i]If you are nothing, do you forget that Jesus is everything? You have only to lose your nothingness in His Infinity and think only of loving Him.[/i]

[b]Concluding Prayer Prayed Each Day:[/b][url=""][/url]

O Lord, You have said: Unless you become as little children you shall not enter the kingdom of heaven; grant us, we beg You, so to follow, in humility and simplicity of heart, the footsteps of the Virgin blessed Thérèse, that we may attain to an everlasting reward. Amen.

Indwelling Trinity

[quote name='vee8' timestamp='1285260792' post='2175476']
It is that time of year again to start your novena to St Therese! Yes HER. If you have never said one to her or anyone else start now! Try it! She answers and she likes huge requests, tough ones, something harder than gimme a bunch of roses. You might get real roses but the spiritual ones are incredible, and much more fun. If she really smacks you you can join me in the face making <_< It was after saying the novena to her last year , expecting nothing, that she really hit me hard and is the reason why Im on VS and why I like giving her annoyed looks like this <_< She turned my life upside down so I am torn between intense love and gratitude, and not hate but wanting to hit her! :bash: hahahaha!

I will post two novenas to choose from. This is the short one

[color="#420000"][color="#006699"]O Little Therese of the Child Jesus, please pick for me a rose from the heavenly gardens and send it to me as a message of love.[/color]

[color="#006699"]O Little Flower of Jesus, ask God today to grant the favors I now place with confidence in your hands...(mention petitions)[/color]

[color="#006699"]St. Therese, help me to always believe as you did, in God's great love for me, so that I might imitate your "Little Way" each day. Amen.[/color]

[/color]Here is the longer one. [url="http://www.ewtn.com/therese/novena.htm"]http://www.ewtn.com/therese/novena.htm[/url] Last year I did the short one cus Im lazy and she still answered so its sincerity that matters not length of prayer. I will try to post the longer one each day so we can say it together or you can say the short one whichever. Also the day you start doesnt matter, or if you miss a day or two. I forget last year and started on her feast day instead of ending on it but still it didnt matter. Shes not so picky and technical!

I will pray for all of you and your intentions. :nun3: :nun1:
[/quote]

I am fervently praying right along with you dear sister!

laetitia crucis

[quote name='CherieMadame' timestamp='1285269427' post='2175495']
Thanks for posting!

I started yesterday, since my previous community always did novenas so they would end on the day before the feast. :)
[/quote]

My previous community did the same thing. I had always wondered why... is it so the "presents" arrive ON the feast day? :think2:

Kinda like working during the week and then receiving your "reward" or rest on the weekend? :sweat:

:idontknow:

IgnatiusofLoyola

I think I will let the rest of you do this, and then you can tell me how it goes.

I am still trying to make a novena to the Blessed Pauline (who lives with Jesus across the street). I start, and then forget one day, and have to start over.

I did read recently that "my" Sisters follow Ignatian spirituality. (However, the source was not the Sisters themselves, so I need to verify it.) If so, isn't that an interesting "coincidence?"

I know that all your novenas to St. Therese will tire her out, so I will spare her, only for her sake, of course.

I did try praying to St. Apollonia last weekend because I had a toothache--the toothache went away and hasn't come back, but I still need to go to the dentist anyway.

[quote name='IgnatiusofLoyola' timestamp='1285275070' post='2175519']
I think I will let the rest of you do this, and then you can tell me how it goes.

[/quote]

Im not going to push it igyy so please dont take this the wrong way I only want to suggest that you dont have to say it for yourself but rather for the intentions of PMers especially those leaving us soon, or who have already left. If you still dont want to though thats fine too :)

[quote name='CherieMadame' timestamp='1285269427' post='2175495']
Thanks for posting!

I started yesterday, since my previous community always did novenas so they would end on the day before the feast. :)
[/quote]

Trying to sneak in a day early in case she runs out of roses? :P :topsy:

[quote name='laetitia crucis' timestamp='1285273608' post='2175511']
My previous community did the same thing. I had always wondered why... is it so the "presents" arrive ON the feast day? :think2:

Kinda like working during the week and then receiving your "reward" or rest on the weekend? :sweat:

:idontknow:
[/quote]

Kinda, I guess - to me, I always thought it was like the supplication starts before the feast day, and then the entire feast day is one of complete joy, gratitude, and thanksgiving!!! :)

I dunno, I always liked it :)

laetitia crucis

[quote name='CherieMadame' timestamp='1285294603' post='2175635']
Kinda, I guess - to me, I always thought it was like the supplication starts before the feast day, and then the entire feast day is one of complete joy, gratitude, and thanksgiving!!! :)

I dunno, I always liked it :)
[/quote]

Oooo, that makes sense!

I like that! :clapping: