An Old School Catholic Message Board

Its Not A Crush

vee

[img]http://ncronline.org/files/images/Miguel_Pro.gif[/img]

I do not have a crush on Jesus. It is a love He gives. He who is Love loves me and only through His help am I able in anyway to return anything to Him He does not give me a crush He gives me fire. Fire. As a burn victim I know about fire and the fiery Love of God is the most delicious fire ever but it is also serious and real not at all like a crush. As a woman I have been with men a few times and I know how so amazingly wonderful and incredible they are however theres something about He who is pure Love that has driven me to paths and places I would have never thought of. No one leaves everything, gives up everything due to a crush Look at the pic of Blessed Miguel Pro a priest. It is not easy to look at because he is seconds away from being shot. Did he have a crush like a little match flame? Id guess God filled him with a raging fire of love like a five alarm house fire. I pray no one experiences what its like to be a burn victim but I do pray everyone is set on fire by God with His Love. With vocations some preach so the flame can be lit, others set on fire with their actions, and others help give fuel by their prayers. God gives the call to do any of those things. He calls and equips whoever He wants to do those things, we just have to say yes. Not just one yes either but yes everyday, and beg for the grace to say yes everyday too because the devil is standing there with a hose trying to put out every good fire God starts.

There, no light no flame under a basket anymore. God gave me the flame and God took away the basket.

AccountDeleted

[quote name='vee8' timestamp='1286565385' post='2178593']

I do not have a crush on Jesus. It is a love He gives. He who is Love loves me and only through His help am I able in anyway to return anything to Him He does not give me a crush He gives me fire. Fire. As a burn victim I know about fire and the fiery Love of God is the most delicious fire ever but it is also serious and real not at all like a crush. As a woman I have been with men a few times and I know how so amazingly wonderful and incredible they are however theres something about He who is pure Love that has driven me to paths and places I would have never thought of. No one leaves everything, gives up everything due to a crush Look at the pic of Blessed Miguel Pro a priest. It is not easy to look at because he is seconds away from being shot. Did he have a crush like a little match flame? Id guess God filled him with a raging fire of love like a five alarm house fire. I pray no one experiences what its like to be a burn victim but I do pray everyone is set on fire by God with His Love. With vocations some preach so the flame can be lit, others set on fire with their actions, and others help give fuel by their prayers. God gives the call to do any of those things. He calls and equips whoever He wants to do those things, we just have to say yes. Not just one yes either but yes everyday, and beg for the grace to say yes everyday too because the devil is standing there with a hose trying to put out every good fire God starts.

There, no light no flame under a basket anymore. God gave me the flame and God took away the basket.
[/quote]

Sometimes a fire like this even inspires a person to make a phone call :saint:

Indwelling Trinity

[quote name='vee8' timestamp='1286565385' post='2178593']

[/quote]

Vee my sister, you now know what it is to be wounded by Love.... There can be no turning back for he has seduced you and you have been seduced. It is a wound that never heals. A wound that will lead your heart into the wilderness of the desert , where you and He can be but One. I too have known that wound.

Tenderly,

your friend and sister, emmanuel

Edited by Indwelling Trinity

• 9 months later...
dominicansoul

yup. school-girl "crushes" do not make a true vocation ...when you fall in love with God, He'll turn your life upside down ...

[quote name='dominicansoul' timestamp='1310365070' post='2265672']
yup. school-girl "crushes" do not make a true vocation ...when you fall in love with God, He'll turn your life upside down ...
[/quote]

Realizing this more and more everyday! But, only for Him could we even consider making these sacrifices. For me, the call to this vocation is a strange combination of peace and a burning desire to "do something about it".

By the way- have you all seen the trailer for "Cristiada"? It's about Bl. Miguel Pro. :) It's supposed to be out sometime this year, but there's not date set. [url="http://www.cristiadafilm.com/"]http://www.cristiadafilm.com/[/url]

MargaretTeresa

LOOOOOVE THIS! :love:

Thanks for bumping it, DS.

Vee, I think she's just getting excited for you visit. This is her version of the excited puppy peeing on the rug.

FutureSister2009

I'm glad there's a lot of thread bumping going on because I love to see these cool things that I haven't seen since I'm still new-ish to the Phorum. As in, I've only been here a few months!

[quote name='Lisa' timestamp='1310415892' post='2265864']
By the way- have you all seen the trailer for "Cristiada"? It's about Bl. Miguel Pro. :) It's supposed to be out sometime this year, but there's not date set. [url="http://www.cristiadafilm.com/"]http://www.cristiadafilm.com/[/url]
[/quote]

Saw the trailer. Must. See. Movie.

[quote name='MargaretTeresa' timestamp='1310417036' post='2265878']
LOOOOOVE THIS! :love:

Thanks for bumping it, DS.

Vee, I think she's just getting excited for you visit. This is her version of the excited puppy peeing on the rug.
[/quote]

:hehe: which reminds me I think she has forbid me from sitting on her toilet, Canadian germs or something, so I will just hover and pee all over it!! :like: