Jump to content
Join our Facebook Group ×
An Old School Catholic Message Board

Urgent Prayer Request...


Recommended Posts

eustace scrubb
Posted

My sister, who's been involved in Scientology for a few years, was flown by the Church of Scientology out to L.A. to see if she become part of the headquarters out there. She spent a couple of days there and upon coming back last night, has decided to move there soon. This has devastated my family, as it's a dangerous cult that has been known to physically and sexually abuse, kidnap, and even kill people. Not to mention that it's a rejection of the Faith... :(

Please pray for her and my family. I've been having a really hard time, especially with placing the situation and her into God's hands. I need charity, faith, and strength to get through this. Things have been hard enough since finding this out on Sunday, but since coming back and telling me this, I've had a lot of trouble praying the rosary, which I need to help ground me.

[b]Some other things:[/b]

Also, please pray that God would help me in the situation with that girl I like... things are awkward right now. God told me that things will work out, but I don't know if that means that I'll continue to see her or if it'll come to an end. That's been another source of stress, but I've been finding outlets for it, thankfully...

I had a situation with three people from my house church (which God has made clear that He wants me to remain a part of) where three people claimed that God had things to tell me that were anti-Catholic. The people who said them a part of the leadership and tend to be overemotional, tactless, immature, and at times insensitive. I talked to a couple people who are also in leadership and they were very alarmed by what happened and are concerned about it. A meeting between me and the leaders of the h.c. about this and a couple other things I'd like to bring up is hopefully going to happen this week. One of them is the influence of some misogynistic people on the h.c., which has damaged some of the girls and really disturbs me. It's possible that as a result of all this that I may end up in a leadership role and/or facilitate discussion at times. I'm already highly influential there and treated by the members as a guide, teacher, and leader or sorts, so that'd "make logical sense." Please pray for God's will in all of this and that we will all obey Him in it, especially me...

There are other things that have me overwhelmed, but I'll end with this: I'm to move in with some friends a couple miles away in another neighborhood and there's been some roadblocks and fear on my end. Moving in could help me with a number of things, especially my health and loneliness. Please pray that I'll move past my fear and that things'll work out according to God's will.

Thanks for reading this.

pax tecum,

tim

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...