An Old School Catholic Message Board

Vocation Explosion!

ameliabedelia

ameliabedelia

I dont think anyone has posted this yet....

Good article on the vocation boom. yaaaayyy!!!!!!
[url="http://www.ncregister.com/blog/the-coming-vocation-explosion/"]http://www.ncregister.com/blog/the-coming-vocation-explosion/[/url]

ameliabedelia

i think i know of a few......[img]http://www.phatmass.com/phorum/public/style_emoticons/default/saint.gif[/img] [img]http://www.phatmass.com/phorum/public/style_emoticons/default/smile4.gif[/img]

Hinter dem Horizont

[quote name='LaPetiteSoeur' timestamp='1289859898' post='2187280']
Yay! I wonder how many of those new vocations were once on phatmass? And how many future ones are....:nunpray:
[/quote]

I love reading articles like this one. It's a positive sign among negativity that the Church is facing.

I'm a future one, God willing!

LaPetiteSoeur

[quote name='Hinter dem Horizont' timestamp='1289860118' post='2187284']
I love reading articles like this one. It's a positive sign among negativity that the Church is facing.

I'm a future one, God willing!
[/quote]

Moi aussi!

Hinter dem Horizont

[quote name='LaPetiteSoeur' timestamp='1289860254' post='2187285']
Moi aussi!
[/quote]

J'espere que t'atteins tes buts!

Hinter dem Horizont

[quote name='FutureNunJMJ' timestamp='1289872409' post='2187339']
+JMJ

Those Dominicans are always in the news... :P

This is good to see/hear. :nun2:
[/quote]

I've noticed. Quite a popular order these days! And full of young people too.

IgnatiusofLoyola

[quote name='LaPetiteSoeur' timestamp='1289859898' post='2187280']
Yay! I wonder how many of those new vocations were once on phatmass? And how many future ones are....:nunpray:
[/quote]

I can think of at least eight women who regularly posted on Phatmass who have entered religious life since I joined Phatmass last Spring. (The number could be higher if I've forgotten a few.) Think how great that is! I think a lot of people, even some Catholics, still think it's very strange for a woman to enter relgious life, that she's throwing her life away, and giving up her chance to have children. However, in every time in history there have been men and women called to live a life in service to God, and that number is increasing. For the people who still don't understand why a person would join a religious order, I give them a break. Since the majority of people do not have that call, it can be hard for them to undertand. But, for those who do not have the call, they are no less faithful if they are someone whom God has called to live in the world, ideally to get married and raise familes, and take the message of God to the people we meet every day. That's an important call, too.

The great thing is that some of these men and women have said that it was Phatmass who first made them realize they had a religious vocation. And, for those discerning religious life, many have said that Vocation Station gave them a place where they could talk about discernment and religious life, and no one thought it was strange--in fact they got a lot of support.

And, this seems to have been going on for years. I've only been on Phatmass a short time, but, or example, women who were discering on Phatmass a few years ago are now novices or taking their first vows. For example, Sister Maria Teresa, who took her first vows with the Dominican nuns of Summit, NJ in October was Phatmasser and she is not the only former Phatmasser who took first vows this year.

Another type of support Vocation Station gives is for those women who entered religious life, but after a time left for any number of reasons. They might have became ill and had to leave, or discovered that, either religious life in general was not right for them, or found a community that is better for them. On Vocation Station we know there there is no shame in leaving religious life. God wanted the man or woman in religious life in that time and place for a reason, but ultimately has other long-term plans for that person--another Community, marriage and children, or the single life.

And, it wouldn't surprise me if some of those new vocations are people who never actually posted on Phatmass, but were among our "guests, and perhaps we helped them with their discernment.

Vocation Station is a good place. There are also a few of us who are not callled to full-time religious life, but help serve as "cheerleaders" and provide emotional support.

Edited by IgnatiusofLoyola

I am glad to hear that there is an increase in vocations. There is still a long way to go, however. But I am glad to see tha progress that has been made. I am glad to hear of many people answering that call.

[quote name='IgnatiusofLoyola' timestamp='1289874542' post='2187348']
And, for those discerning religious life, many have said that Vocation Station gave them a place where they could talk about discernment and religious life, and no one thought it was strange--in fact they got a lot of support.
[/quote]

Tis True :like:

[quote name='IgnatiusofLoyola' timestamp='1289874542' post='2187348']

And, it wouldn't surprise me if some of those new vocations are people who never actually posted on Phatmass, but were among our "guests, and perhaps we helped them with their discernment.

Vocation Station is a good place. There are also a few of us who are not callled to full-time religious life, but help serve as "cheerleaders" and provide emotional support.
[/quote]

Agree completely here! I hope our posts continue to support the many fine religious communities here and abroad.

Hinter dem Horizont

I agree with the above statements. As I discern my vocation to the priesthood, I have made a lot of progress here by speaking to all of you and getting things off of my chest! Thank you!