An Old School Catholic Message Board

Novena To The Immaculate Conception

OnlySunshine

Tomorrow begins the 9-day novena in preparation of the Feast of the Immaculate Conception. I consecrated myself to the Immaculate last year on December 8th and I plan to renew it this year. I wasn't so great this year in keeping up the promises of the Consecration like praying the Rosary each day or attending daily Mass, so I am hoping to get better this time. If anyone is interested in doing the novena, here is the formula prayer:

http://www.catholicdoors.com/prayers/novenas/p00044.htm

I'm looking forward to starting it tomorrow! I also cannot wait to renew my Consecration. :)

Edited by MaterMisericordiae

LadyOfSorrows

I also consecrated myself to Jesus through Mary with the Militia Immaculata on the Solemnity of the Immaculate Conception. :-) I'll also be renewing my consecration this year. I recommend it for anyone who wants to get closer to Jesus and our Blessed Mother..it really changed my life.

[quote name='LadyOfSorrows' timestamp='1291084471' post='2189944']
I also consecrated myself to Jesus through Mary with the Militia Immaculata on the Solemnity of the Immaculate Conception. :-) I'll also be renewing my consecration this year. I recommend it for anyone who wants to get closer to Jesus and our Blessed Mother..it really changed my life.
[/quote]

I'm a member of the Militia Immaculata as well. I signed up through the Marytown website and received a certificate a few days after my Consecration. It's displayed proudly on my prayer altar. :)

[b]DAY 1

[/b][i][b]First, recite the Prayer to the Immaculate Conception. Then, recite the appropriate prayer of each of the nine days.[/b][/i]

[center][b]PRAYER TO THE[/b][b]IMMACULATE CONCEPTION

[/b][/center][center]O God, who by the Immaculate Conception
of the Blessed Virgin Mary,
did prepare a worthy dwelling place for Your Son,
we beseech You that, as by the foreseen death of this, Your Son, You did preserve Her from all stain,
so too You would permit us, purified through Her intercession, to come unto You.
Through the same Lord Jesus Christ, Your Son, who lives and reigns with You in the unity of the Holy Spirit,
God, world without end.
Amen.

[/center][center][b]First Day

[/b][/center]O most Holy Virgin, who was pleasing to the Lord and became His mother, immaculate in body and spirit, in faith and in love, look kindly on me as I implore your powerful intercession. O most Holy Mother, who by your blessed Immaculate Conception, from the first moment of your conception did crush the head of the enemy, receive our prayers as we implore you to present at the throne of God the favor we now request...

[i](State your intention here...)

[/i][i] [/i]O Mary of the Immaculate Conception, Mother of Christ, you had influence with your Divine Son while upon this earth; you have the same influence now in heaven. Pray for us and obtain for us from him the granting of my petition if it be the Divine Will.

Amen.

Edited by HopefulBride

I really love praying to the Blessed Mother. I said the novena for the 1st day this morning and felt very peaceful throughout the whole day, and I knew that Mother Mary was watching over me. I felt so safe. 8 more days to go! :)

[left][b]DAY 2

[/b][i][b]First, recite the Prayer to the Immaculate Conception. Then, recite the appropriate prayer of each of the nine days.[/b][/i]
[/left][b]

PRAYER TO THE IMMACULATE CONCEPTION[/b]
O God, who by the Immaculate Conception
we beseech You that, as by the foreseen death of this, Your Son, You did preserve Her from all stain,
so too You would permit us, purified through Her intercession, to come unto You.
Through the same Lord Jesus Christ, Your Son, who lives and reigns with You in the unity of the Holy Spirit,
God, world without end.

Amen.
[b]Day two[/b][b] [/b] O Mary, ever blessed Virgin, Mother of God, Queen of angels and of saints, we salute you with the most profound veneration and filial devotion as we contemplate your holy Immaculate Conception, We thank you for your maternal protection and for the many blessings that we have received through your wondrous mercy and most powerful intercession. In all our necessities we have recourse to you with unbounded confidence. O Mother of Mercy, we beseech you now to hear our prayer and to obtain for us of your Divine Son the favor that we so earnestly request in this novena...

[i](State your intention here...) [/i]
[i] [/i][b]
[/b] O Mary of the Immaculate Conception, Mother of Christ, you had influence with your Divine Son while upon this earth; you have the same influence now in heaven. Pray for us and obtain for us from him the granting of my petition if it be the Divine Will.

Amen.

Recite the Litany of the Blessed Virgin ([url="http://www.ewtn.com/Devotionals/novena/litany_mary.htm"][url="http://www.ewtn.com/Devotionals/novena/litany_mary.htm"]Linked Here[/url][/url])

[b]DAY 3

[b]
[/b]

[center][font="Arial"][color="#000080"][b]PRAYER TO THE IMMACULATE CONCEPTION[/b][/color][/font]
[/center]

[center] [/center][center][font="Arial"][size="2"]O God, who by the Immaculate Conception
God, world without end.
[/size]
[size="2"]Amen.[/size][/font][/center]

[b]Day Three[/b]

[left] [/left][left][font="Arial"][size="2"]O Blessed Virgin Mary, glory of the Christian people, joy of the universal Church and Mother of Our Lord, speak for us to the Heart of Jesus, who is your Son and our brother. O Mary, who by your holy Immaculate Conception did enter the world free from stain, in your mercy obtain for us from Jesus the special favor which we now so earnestly seek... [/size][/font][/left]
[left][font="Arial"][size="2"][i](State your intention here...) [/i][/size][/font][/left]
[left][font="Arial"][size="2"] O Mary of the Immaculate Conception, Mother of Christ, you had influence with your Divine Son while upon this earth; you have the same influence now in heaven. Pray for us and obtain for us from him the granting of my petition if it be the Divine Will.[/size][/font][/left]
[left][font="Arial"][size="2"]Amen.[/size][/font][/left]
[left] [/left]

[left] [/left][left][font="Arial"][size="2"][color="#0000ff"]Recite the Litany of the Blessed Virgin ([url="http://www.ewtn.com/Devotionals/novena/litany_mary.htm"]Linked Here[/url]) [/color][/size][/font][/left]

Edited by HopefulBride

[center][left][b]DAY 4

[/left][b]
PRAYER TO THE IMMACULATE CONCEPTION[/b][/center]
God, world without end.

Amen.
[b]Day Four[/b][b] [/b] O Mary, Mother of God, endowed in your glorious Immaculate Conception with the fullness of grace; unique among women in that you are both mother and virgin; Mother of Christ and Virgin of Christ, we ask you to look down with a tender heart from your throne and listen to our prayers as we earnestly ask that you obtain for us the favor for which we now plead...
[i] (State your intention here...)[/i][i] [/i]
O Mary of the Immaculate Conception, Mother of Christ, you had influence with your Divine Son while upon this earth; you have the same influence now in heaven. Pray for us and obtain for us from him the granting of my petition if it be the Divine Will.
Amen.
Recite the Litany of the Blessed Virgin ([url="http://www.ewtn.com/Devotionals/novena/litany_mary.htm"]Linked Here[/url])

[left][b]DAY 5

[font="Arial"][color="#000080"][b]

[/b][/color][/font][center][font="Arial"][color="#000080"][b]PRAYER TO THE[/b][/color][/font][font="Arial"][color="#000080"][b] IMMACULATE CONCEPTION[/b][/color][/font][/center][/left][center]

[font="Arial"][size="2"]O God, who by the Immaculate Conception[/size][/font]
[font="Arial"][size="2"]of the Blessed Virgin Mary,[/size][/font]
[font="Arial"][size="2"]did prepare a worthy dwelling place for Your Son,[/size][/font]
[font="Arial"][size="2"]we beseech You that, as by the foreseen death of this, Your Son, You did preserve Her from all stain,[/size][/font]
[font="Arial"][size="2"]so too You would permit us, purified through Her intercession, to come unto You.[/size][/font]
[font="Arial"][size="2"]Through the same Lord Jesus Christ, Your Son, who lives and reigns with You in the unity of the Holy Spirit,[/size][/font]
[font="Arial"][size="2"]God, world without end.[/size][/font]

[font="Arial"][size="2"]Amen.[/size][/font]
[/center]

[font="Arial"][color="#000080"][b]Day Five[/b][/color][/font]

[font="Arial"][size="2"]O Lord, who, by the Immaculate Conception of the Virgin Mary, did prepare a fitting dwelling for your Son, we beseech you that as by the foreseen death of your Son, you did preserve her from all stain of sin, grant that through her intercession, we may be favored with the granting of the grace that we seek for at this time... [/size][/font]

[font="Arial"][size="2"][i](State your intention here...)[/i][/size][/font]

[font="Arial"][size="2"][i] [/i]O Mary of the Immaculate Conception, Mother of Christ, you had influence with your Divine Son while upon this earth; you have the same influence now in heaven. Pray for us and obtain for us from him the granting of my petition if it be the Divine Will. [/size][/font]

[font="Arial"][size="2"][color="#0000ff"]Recite the Litany of the Blessed Virgin ([url="http://www.ewtn.com/Devotionals/novena/litany_mary.htm"]Linked Here[/url]) [/color][/size][/font]

[b]DAY 6

[center][b]PRAYER TO THE[/b][b] IMMACULATE CONCEPTION[/b]

God, world without end.
[/center]
Amen.

[b]Day Six[/b][b] [/b]

Glorious and immortal Queen of Heaven, we profess our firm belief in your Immaculate Conception preordained for you in the merits of your Divine Son. We rejoice with you in your Immaculate Conception. To the one ever-reigning God, Father, Son, and Holy Spirit, three in Person, one in nature, we offer thanks for your blessed Immaculate Conception. O Mother of the Word made Flesh, listen to our petition as we ask this special grace during this novena...

[i](State your intention here...) [/i][i] [/i]

O Mary of the Immaculate Conception, Mother of Christ, you had influence with your Divine Son while upon this earth; you have the same influence now in heaven. Pray for us and obtain for us from him the granting of my petition if it be the Divine Will.

Amen.

Recite the Litany of the Blessed Virgin ([url="http://www.ewtn.com/Devotionals/novena/litany_mary.htm"]Linked Here[/url])

[left][b]DAY 7

[/b][i][b]First, recite the Prayer to the Immaculate Conception. Then, recite the appropriate prayer of each of the nine days.[/b][/i][/left]
[left][i][b]
[/b][/i] [/left]
[center][font="Arial"][color="#000080"][b]PRAYER TO THE[b] [/b]IMMACULATE CONCEPTION[/b][/color][/font]

[font="Arial"][size="2"]O God, who by the Immaculate Conception[/size][/font]
[font="Arial"][size="2"]of the Blessed Virgin Mary,[/size][/font]
[font="Arial"][size="2"]did prepare a worthy dwelling place for Your Son,[/size][/font]
[font="Arial"][size="2"]we beseech You that, as by the foreseen death of this, Your Son, You did preserve Her from all stain,[/size][/font]
[font="Arial"][size="2"]so too You would permit us, purified through Her intercession,to come unto You.[/size][/font]
[font="Arial"][size="2"]Through the same Lord Jesus Christ, Your Son, who lives and reigns with You in the unity of the Holy Spirit,[/size][/font]
[font="Arial"][size="2"]God, world without end.[/size][/font]

[/center]

[font="Arial"][color="#000080"][b]Day Seven[/b][/color][/font]

[font="Arial"][size="2"]O Immaculate Virgin, Mother of God, and my mother, from the sublime heights of your dignity turn your merciful eyes upon me while I, full of confidence in your bounty and keeping in mind your Immaculate conception and fully conscious of your power, beg of you to come to our aid and ask your Divine Son to grant the favor we earnestly seek in this novena... if it be beneficial for our immortal souls and the souls for whom we pray.[/size][/font]
[font="Arial"][size="2"]
[i](State your intention here...) [/i][/size][/font]
[font="Arial"][size="2"]
O Mary of the Immaculate Conception, Mother of Christ, you had influence with your Divine Son while upon this earth; you have the same influence now in heaven. Pray for us and obtain for us from him the granting of my petition if it be the Divine Will.[/size][/font]

Amen.

[font="Arial"][color="#000000"][size="2"]Recite the Litany of the Blessed Virgin ([url="http://www.ewtn.com/Devotionals/novena/litany_mary.htm"]Linked Here[/url]) [/size][/color][/font]

I am so happy! I finally managed to finish the Novena to the Immaculate Conception and the Litany to the Blessed Virgin. Normally, because of my ADD, I forget a few days down the line, but I didn't forget at all this time. I came very close a few times, but I put the novena as a bookmark in a very visual spot on my browser so I would see it every day. It worked.

I cannot wait to renew my Consecration to the Immaculate this evening! I am planning to go to Adoration for an hour in a little bit after I eat something.

Did anyone else complete the novena? ;)

TeresaBenedicta

[quote name='MaterMisericordiae' timestamp='1291836373' post='2191615']
I am so happy! I finally managed to finish the Novena to the Immaculate Conception and the Litany to the Blessed Virgin. Normally, because of my ADD, I forget a few days down the line, but I didn't forget at all this time. I came very close a few times, but I put the novena as a bookmark in a very visual spot on my browser so I would see it every day. It worked.

I cannot wait to renew my Consecration to the Immaculate this evening! I am planning to go to Adoration for an hour in a little bit after I eat something.

Did anyone else complete the novena? ;)
[/quote]

I did the Nine-Day Preparation for Total Consecration according to St. Maximilian Kolbe and will also be renewing my consecration tonight.

I praise God for this opportunity... and I praise Him for all of the many graces I have received from the hands of our Blessed Mother. I hope to take some time and write out a reflection on that later this evening.

[quote name='TeresaBenedicta' timestamp='1291837215' post='2191618']
I did the Nine-Day Preparation for Total Consecration according to St. Maximilian Kolbe and will also be renewing my consecration tonight.

I praise God for this opportunity... and I praise Him for all of the many graces I have received from the hands of our Blessed Mother. I hope to take some time and write out a reflection on that later this evening.
[/quote]

That reminds me, I still need to print out the prayer of Consecration to use tonight when I'm at Mass. Last year, I hand-wrote it and signed it. If I can find the handwritten prayer, I'll use that. I plan to say the prayer in front of the huge statue of the Blessed Virgin Mary just like I did last year. :)

This is my community's special feast day. Please remember us in prayer as we renew our vows during the Mass today and pray and celebrate with one another. Prayers on this special day!

Sister Marie