An Old School Catholic Message Board

New Nashville Dominican Foundation

truthfinder

Just wanted to post a link that the ND's have plans to start a new foundation in Vancouver. It's not on the ND's website, but from one associated with the Archdiocese:
[url="http://busycatholic.blogspot.com/2010/12/archdiocese-welcomes-sisters-of-st.html"]Busy Catholic Blog[/url]
I think this is very exciting as Vancouver really doesn't have any teaching orders per se. It would be great for the children to finally see a religious sister.
God bless.

You know Carmelites are Dominicans undercover, don't you? I thought I was a Carmelite for years, but I have now come to the realization that I am totally 100% Dominican. ;)

[quote name='truthfinder' timestamp='1291441114' post='2190900']
and yet the both of us have avatars of carmelites hmmm... :smile2:
[/quote]

There are non Carmelite avatars?!?!?!?

I am very much in favor of the Dominicans I mean someone has to educate the future Carmelites right? :like:

[quote name='vee8' timestamp='1291479166' post='2190932']

I am very much in favor of the Dominicans I mean someone has to educate the future Carmelites right? :like:
[/quote]

And that someone is you right :like:. I can see it now, Sr. Vee, O.P. LOL

[quote name='vee8' timestamp='1291479166' post='2190932']

[/quote]

This is very true Vee. Got to get them young Carmelites some education before they begin their daily ectasies and levitations :)

Salt and Light television is going to have a program on December 12th about Sr. Marie Vianney, OP who is a Nashville Dominican from Canada (according to the blurb I read about the program).

AllForYourGlory

[quote name='oilergirl2' timestamp='1291616526' post='2191163']
Salt and Light television is going to have a program on December 12th about Sr. Marie Vianney, OP who is a Nashville Dominican from Canada (according to the blurb I read about the program).
[/quote]

Ohh i love Sr. Marie Vianney OP... she is soo wonderful. Alot smaller in person than on TV... Do you know if there is anyway to view this show for those of us who do not live in Canada and the viewing area for Salt and Light television? I hope there is a way. I would really like to see this!

LaPetiteSoeur

[quote name='AllForYourGlory' timestamp='1291648196' post='2191216']
Ohh i love Sr. Marie Vianney OP... she is soo wonderful. Alot smaller in person than on TV... Do you know if there is anyway to view this show for those of us who do not live in Canada and the viewing area for Salt and Light television? I hope there is a way. I would really like to see this!
[/quote]

Sometimes it airs on EWTN. Watch their website carefully! Also, it may be on youtube at some point.

:clapping:

AllForYourGlory

[quote name='LaPetiteSoeur' timestamp='1291674572' post='2191310']
Sometimes it airs on EWTN. Watch their website carefully! Also, it may be on youtube at some point.

:clapping:
[/quote]

Ohh wait, are you refering to beloved... if so, that is a big fail on my part.. i own the documentary:nerd:

[quote name='AllForYourGlory' timestamp='1291693258' post='2191357']
Ohh wait, are you refering to beloved... if so, that is a big fail on my part.. i own the documentary:nerd:
[/quote]

No, this is a separate program. Sr. Marie Vianney was in Beloved (the documentary). Hopefully, Salt & Light television will have clips of the program on their web site. I live in the Us and would like to see the program also. I keep wishing that EWTN would show more of Salt & Light television's programming.