An Old School Catholic Message Board

New Nashville Dominican Foundation

truthfinder

ameliabedelia

[quote name='AllForYourGlory' timestamp='1291648196' post='2191216']
Ohh i love Sr. Marie Vianney OP... she is soo wonderful. Alot smaller in person than on TV... Do you know if there is anyway to view this show for those of us who do not live in Canada and the viewing area for Salt and Light television? I hope there is a way. I would really like to see this!
[/quote]

Hahaha i saw her on the retreat during the salve procession and my friend and i started freaking out like she is a celebrity or something. lol

AllForYourGlory

[quote name='ameliabedelia' timestamp='1291775938' post='2191515']
Hahaha i saw her on the retreat during the salve procession and my friend and i started freaking out like she is a celebrity or something. lol
[/quote]

i am even worse than you are... when i was there a few visits ago, i creeped into her studio on the stage were she was working... i was able to talk to her for a while... she is sooo sweet. I love her and her paintings are beautiful... she was making a priest with a beautiful stole that had images of priest who are saints... it was soo wondeful.. and i am such a creeper...

but i guess it is better to creep on sisters and religious than other people... right?:saint:

ameliabedelia

[quote name='oilergirl2' timestamp='1291616526' post='2191163']
Salt and Light television is going to have a program on December 12th about Sr. Marie Vianney, OP who is a Nashville Dominican from Canada (according to the blurb I read about the program).
[/quote]

her it is i dont know if it is the whole thing though:
[url="http://saltandlighttv.org/witness/index.php"]http://saltandlightt...tness/index.php[/url]

Edited by ameliabedelia

It is good to hear of a group of teaching sisters starting up a foundation in my birth country.

... even if they are mere Dominicans (he says, ducking and running!)

Oh, that interview with Sr. Marie Vianney was so beautiful. I just love her; she might be my second favorite Nashville Dominican. :) She IS a great witness!

she_who_is_not

I met her at a Jesu Caritas retreat. She was so gracious and welcoming and seemed genuinely happy that so many young women were seeking God's will for their lives. I understand why they have the younger sisters help out with the retreats, but meeting the older sisters in such a blessing!

AllForYourGlory

[/quote]
[/quote]

Hey now... watch yourself (just kidding!)

Edited by AllForYourGlory

AllForYourGlory

[quote name='Staretz' timestamp='1292266218' post='2192562']

[/quote]

Hey now! Watch yourself (just kidding!!):fight::smile3:

TeresaBenedicta

[quote name='Staretz' timestamp='1292266218' post='2192562']
It is good to hear of a group of teaching sisters starting up a foundation in my birth country.

[/quote]

Thems be fighting words!! :numchucks: :fight:

AllForYourGlory

[quote name='LaPetiteSoeur' timestamp='1292441661' post='2192906']
They've also committed to teaching in a new catholic high school in North Houston.
[/quote]

Oh wow.. that is so wonderful! Thank you for sharing LaPetiteSoeur! Have a blessed day!:clapping: