An Old School Catholic Message Board

Christmas Greetings From Nunsense In Carmel

AccountDeleted

Thanks for the update and the pictures. So happy for you, Annie - God's blessings at Christmas and through the rest of your journey !

Dear Nunsense, thanks for your greetings, the pictures, and especially your prayer for us. You and your community are very much in my prayer. Wishing you every blessing at this holy Christmas season, and many more on the New Year.
Peace, prayer,
Orans

• 2 months later...

The photos are no longer available.

Annie is now a hermit living in Australia. She lived 30 minutes from the nearest town which she visits for email and telephone. She recently became a grandmother, which learned while babysitting her bro's children in Melbourne. She seems quite content and may eventually pursue consecration as a hermit.

[quote name='Yaatee' timestamp='1298833629' post='2216157']

Annie is now a hermit living in Australia. She lived 30 minutes from the nearest town which she visits for email and telephone. She recently became a grandmother, which learned while babysitting her bro's children in Melbourne. She seems quite content and may eventually pursue consecration as a hermit.
[/quote]

I guess her calling is outside the world, not in the convent. How difficult it must be to want to be a part of an order, but not fit in completely. I'll be saying some prayers that she finds her true calling. :amen:

[quote name='Yaatee' timestamp='1298833629' post='2216157']

[/quote]

Awww, man.

Dear God, please stop jerking around our Nunsense.

We are quite fond of her. And yes, You work all things for good, but seriously now. She's been trying SO hard for SO long to just follow you and you are SERIOUSLY not making this easy.

My mind tells me, O Lord, that gold is tested in fire and through all of this You are making her extremely holy.

Fine. Good. But she is my friend and I want her to be happy.

So can you please stop jerking her this way and that? Can't she grow in holiness while settled and happy?

Pout. Stomp.

Amen.

Krissy

BarbTherese

Wherever Nunsense is, I am sure that she is with God who is certainly leading her by a winding track and she has the fortitude and Grace to hang in there with Him while He does and a great example of Faith and trust in Him. I am hoping and praying too that very soon it will be crystal clear to her where her place in the great scheme of things actually is and that it will be rewarding and fulfilling on every level. I hope she has found it now.

God bless you, Nunsense, and may He always continue to hold you very close............Barb

OnlySunshine

[quote name='BarbaraTherese' timestamp='1299297587' post='2218102']
Wherever Nunsense is, I am sure that she is with God who is certainly leading her by a winding track and she has the fortitude and Grace to hang in there with Him while He does and a great example of Faith and trust in Him. I am hoping and praying too that very soon it will be crystal clear to her where her place in the great scheme of things actually is and that it will be rewarding and fulfilling on every level. I hope she has found it now.

God bless you, Nunsense, and may He always continue to hold you very close............Barb
[/quote]

She posted another thread a few days ago here on VS. She is discerning the vocation of a hermit and living in a makeshift hermitage in Australia. :)

AccountDeleted

[url="http://www.phatmass.com/phorum/index.php?showtopic=111370"]To thread "Don't Cry for Me Argentina"[/url]

This is the link to the other thread. A picture of my hermitage is on the About Me section of my Profile. I hope to start up a blog soon about my life here in the bush. Apart from the spiritual lessons I am learning, the actual, physical life here is quite an adventure. God is so good to us.