An Old School Catholic Message Board

Christmas Cards From Religious Communities

TradMom

+Praised be Jesus Christ!

My husband and I always look forward to our Christmas cards from the various communities we are in touch with and support through prayer, relationship and donations.

We usually put them up on a wall for our children to enjoy and we make special mention of who "we know" where and "what they do" - a small way to help support and promote vocations.

Today, I think we received "the winner" of Christmas cards! It is so beautiful I had to stop in here and share - and of course, this made me wonder if any of you have received special cards you would like to claim as a "winner" !

This year, the Sisters of Life sent an absolutely GORGEOUS card! They used the frescoes of the Angel Gabriel, Madonna and Child, and St. Joseph - and the St. Joseph card has the promise of a Novena of Masses beginning on Christmas Day! GORGEOUS!

Perhaps someone more "computer friendly" than I also received one and can scan it in! Please share your favorites....I love seeing[i] our Communities[/i] express their individual charisms with beauty and grace!

I'm sure there will be more to come!

Pax,

TradMom

I think the best Christmas card I ever received from a religious community was the one I received from Carmelite Sisters of the Divine Heart of Jesus--the order I originally applied to when I was discerning. It prompted my correspondence with the community as I received it after a prayer for some kind of sign. It contained a little red business card like slip that said, "Is God gently calling you to religious life?" That night, I sent an email to the vocation director. Unfortunately, it was not God's will for me to enter this community, but I will never forget my experiences with them. :)

MissScripture

I got two from the Nashville Dominicans--One from my sister and one from my friend who entered with my sister! LOL! Both cards were identical, and had the same little slip of paper saying they were saying a novena for us. It made me smile. :)

I got a good one from the Camelites in Georgetown. It has all the nuns pictured & named! I didn't know their novitiate was so full! Anybody visit them?
Katherinep

I got a good one from the Camelites in Georgetown. It has all the nuns pictured & named! I didn't know their novitiate was so full! Anybody visit them?
Katherine

Katherine

Totally Franciscan

Devoted to Him, Is there anyway you can scan that photo and post it here? I went to their website, but nothing new has been posted to it in a very long time. Thanks so much. God bless.

[quote name='MissScripture' timestamp='1292531910' post='2193088']
I got two from the Nashville Dominicans--One from my sister and one from my friend who entered with my sister! LOL! Both cards were identical, and had the same little slip of paper saying they were saying a novena for us. It made me smile. :)
[/quote]
I got that one too!! [img]http://www.phatmass.com/phorum/public/style_emoticons/default/dance5.gif[/img] I thought it was really nice, it looked like one of the sisters might have drawn it.

[quote name='MarisStella' timestamp='1292724456' post='2193405']
I got that one too!! [img]http://www.phatmass.com/phorum/public/style_emoticons/default/dance5.gif[/img] I thought it was really nice, it looked like one of the sisters might have drawn it.
[/quote]

yeah i got that too! and i was wondering if a sister drew it.

MissScripture

[quote name='MarisStella' timestamp='1292724456' post='2193405']
[/quote]

[quote name='loveletslive' timestamp='1292998532' post='2193919']
yeah i got that too! and i was wondering if a sister drew it.
[/quote]

I'll try to remember to ask my sister when I visit her after Christmas...but I make no promises. lol

Hi everybody. I did scan the picture of the Georgetown Carmelite Nuns but I am not sure if I should post it here because maybe they don't want that. If anybody wants to see it, I can email it to them. I think that would be okay. I tried to answer TotallyFranciscan but for whatever reason the PM didn't go through. Maybe somebody else wants to see it. They have four women in their novitiate (Novitiate?) and eleven professed Sisters. Also, I guess it is befitting that I write this today because they were originally founded on December 22, 1935! So TODAY marks their Diamond Jubilee! Hurray for the Carmelites in Sacramento! :clapping:

+Praised be Jesus Christ!

Katherine,

I would like to thank you for your discretion in not posting the photograph for the whole world to see. I am sure they appreciate your sensitivity. Very good news about the growth of their Monastery! God is good! :dance:

Pax,

TradMom