An Old School Catholic Message Board

Check Out My Socks

Adrestia

What do you think?  

15 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Ugh.

A local public servant was arrested under suspicion of DWI on December 31 at a checkpoint stop. From what I read, his driving was not abnormal.

He's a criminal prosecutor who recently put someone away for two consecutive life sentences for killing two people while DWI.

He's very good at his job. As a law abiding person, he's the kind of assistant DA that I want working for me.

We don't know his blood alcohol level yet, but he's a lawyer who prosecutes the most disgusting and vile members of society. I wouldn't be surprised if a person in that position drinks more than they would if they didn't deal with the details of the most horrific crimes for a living.

If it turns out that he was over the legal limit, he needs to be punished - but should he lose his job? It would be his 1st offense.

Even if he could keep his job, my concern is that his ability to prosecute (especially other DWIs) could be compromised.

I hope that the cops were wrong and that his blood alcohol level comes back below the legal limit, but I doubt that will be the case.

[quote name='tgoldson' timestamp='1294010160' post='2195997']
Ugh.

A local public servant was arrested under suspicion of DWI on December 31 at a checkpoint stop. From what I read, his driving was not abnormal.

He's a criminal prosecutor who recently put someone away for two consecutive life sentences for killing two people while DWI.

He's very good at his job. As a law abiding person, he's the kind of assistant DA that I want working for me.

We don't know his blood alcohol level yet, but he's a lawyer who prosecutes the most disgusting and vile members of society. I wouldn't be surprised if a person in that position drinks more than they would if they didn't deal with the details of the most horrific crimes for a living.

If it turns out that he was over the legal limit, he needs to be punished - but should he lose his job? It would be his 1st offense.

Even if he could keep his job, my concern is that his ability to prosecute (especially other DWIs) could be compromised.

I hope that the cops were wrong and that his blood alcohol level comes back below the legal limit, but I doubt that will be the case.
[/quote]

Yea, I agree I do not like[b] toe sock[/b]s either !!!

ed

Look at those socks! Are those meant to be worn, or for display only? I wonder where you could use that, think of the feathers!

I only wear socks at school and formal events. I usually wear sandals when I go to church, go on trips, go everywhere. My sandals is my best buddy here. He's getting old I have to replace him now.

[quote name='tnavarro61' timestamp='1294064409' post='2196139']
Look at those socks! Are those meant to be worn, or for display only? I wonder where you could use that, think of the feathers!

I only wear socks at school and formal events. I usually wear sandals when I go to church, go on trips, go everywhere. My sandals is my best buddy here. He's getting old I have to replace him now.
[/quote]

So, you place your bare feet in your best buddy? What a way to treat a freind!

ed

[quote name='tnavarro61' timestamp='1294064409' post='2196139']

[/quote]

Would that be considered a double post, or a post and a half? I do not know how that happened, it did take about 7 minutes for the first post to show up, then I left and went to flickr to check on my photos and when I came back I had the second post up there without the brilliiant addition of my words.

ed

Some disgruntled employee reported my place of employment to PETA. It turns out that the allegations of animal abuse had already been reported to the institution and were under investigation. I do not do animal research, but my laboratory just happens to be in the same building where the animals are kept.

As a precaution, my employer has advised that we be careful about coming and going after dark and be mindful of people hanging around the building. I decided to start carrying my pepper spray in case some crazy person overreacts in my direction. I've had this little tube of pepper spray since college (over 15 years), and haven't used it in about the same length of time. I sprayed a tiny amount into my bathroom sink to make sure it still worked - thinking that I could rinse it down the sink and turn on the fan to dissipate the aerosol. Wow. I forgot how little capsaicin it takes to irritate those mucous membranes. Now I wish I had done it in the guest bathroom!

[quote name='tgoldson' timestamp='1294513881' post='2197830']
Some disgruntled employee reported my place of employment to PETA. It turns out that the allegations of animal abuse had already been reported to the institution and were under investigation. I do not do animal research, but my laboratory just happens to be in the same building where the animals are kept.

As a precaution, my employer has advised that we be careful about coming and going after dark and be mindful of people hanging around the building. I decided to start carrying my pepper spray in case some crazy person overreacts in my direction. I've had this little tube of pepper spray since college (over 15 years), and haven't used it in about the same length of time. I sprayed a tiny amount into my bathroom sink to make sure it still worked - thinking that I could rinse it down the sink and turn on the fan to dissipate the aerosol. Wow. I forgot how little capsaicin it takes to irritate those mucous membranes. Now I wish I had done it in the guest bathroom!
[/quote]

Yeah you are right !! Toe socks are for moretards !

ed

[quote name='Ed Normile' timestamp='1294450098' post='2197689']
So, you place your bare feet in your best buddy? What a way to treat a freind!

ed
[/quote]

my best buddy loves it! :child:

[quote name='tnavarro61' timestamp='1294754062' post='2198957']
my best buddy loves it! :child:
[/quote]

You must have really nice feet :)

[quote name='tgoldson' timestamp='1294755650' post='2198962']
You must have really nice feet :)
[/quote]

no i got bad feet. bad nails. veins and metatarsals showing up. little callus forming near my toes. not a nice feet.

New random thought:

While admitting the problem is the first step to recovery, it isn't the most difficult. Step two is a monster.