Jump to content
Join our Facebook Group ×
An Old School Catholic Message Board

Franciscan University


Recommended Posts

Posted

[size="4"]Hey phatmassers! I was wondering if any of you attend Franciscan University of Steubenville? I'm headed there next year and it'd be nice to get some feedback. Thanks![/size]

Posted

They look like an awesome school! Better I think than Campion in Australia and Christendom in Virginia.

Posted

No, just totally wish I could go there! :nerd:

Posted (edited)

I love the Catholic environment. I bet I could make some super-uber Catholic friends there.

I'd die from being apart from loved ones.

Edited by JoyfulLife
Posted

it's an amazing place. one of the very few truly Catholic universities out there. It's nine hours from where I live, so I'm sure I'll be homesick a little too =P
But there's a perpetual adoration chaple.. replica of the Portiuncula. So I think I'll be okay :)

ThePenciledOne
Posted

I'm a current student there! haha

Not sure what sorta information you want....lol

I'm a sophomore there currently though, so either reply or send me a message if you want some questions answered. : )

Posted

ah nice! Mostly about the honors program... do you know anything about it? I'm trying to decide whether or not to apply... I heard it's ridiculously intense.

Posted

ah nice! Mostly about the honors program... do you know anything about it? I'm trying to decide whether or not to apply... I heard it's ridiculously intense.

ThePenciledOne
Posted

well the honors program is intense. I have a few friends in there, and they read a lot of the classics etc. And most of them do a lot of work all the time, which is lame haha.

I'm an English (writing concentration) and philosophy double major myself, so I wish I read all the classics as they do, but personally I'd recommend it.

IcePrincessKRS
Posted

[quote name='JoyfulLife' timestamp='1293672324' post='2195058']
They look like an awesome school! Better I think than Campion in Australia and Christendom in Virginia.
[/quote]

What do you mean by "better"? Having some experience with both FUS and Christendom I'd say they are both 100% orthodox, so the only thing I can think of that you would say is "better" is (for lack of a better word) the lifestyle on campus, which is kind of subjective... just curious as to what you meant.

ETA: FUS does also provide more majors, so I can see why a lot of people would choose that school over other orthodox Catholic alternatives.

Posted

There are a ton of people here associated with FUS. I graduated from their undergrad program and am finishing my MA through distance learning. You will do well at any Newman school.

Posted

You could come to my Newman. Have to warn you that it's -30 outside right now. Not exactly a recruiting poster kind of day unless you like to ski.

Posted

[quote name='ThePenciledOne' timestamp='1293675058' post='2195080']
well the honors program is intense. I have a few friends in there, and they read a lot of the classics etc. And most of them do a lot of work all the time, which is lame haha.

I'm an English (writing concentration) and philosophy double major myself, so I wish I read all the classics as they do, but personally I'd recommend it.
[/quote]

Thanks so much! I'm double majoring in psychology and catechetics (youth ministry), so I'm not sure how much extra work I'd like to take on. After all, I could just read all the books anyways.. lol. (suuuuuree)

Posted

[quote name='CatherineM' timestamp='1293690413' post='2195146']
You could come to my Newman. Have to warn you that it's -30 outside right now. Not exactly a recruiting poster kind of day unless you like to ski.
[/quote]

jeezz! where do you go, exactly?

ThePenciledOne
Posted

[quote name='AudreyGrace' timestamp='1293692903' post='2195157']
Thanks so much! I'm double majoring in psychology and catechetics (youth ministry), so I'm not sure how much extra work I'd like to take on. After all, I could just read all the books anyways.. lol. (suuuuuree)
[/quote]

pysch, depending on the Prof. will be a bit of work.

Cat. I'm not sure how much work, that will be, but it shouldn't be to bad.

Honors would be manageable, I would think. : )

Just depends on your academic work ethic....mine isn't so good.

Posted

[quote name='ThePenciledOne' timestamp='1293693067' post='2195160']
pysch, depending on the Prof. will be a bit of work.

Cat. I'm not sure how much work, that will be, but it shouldn't be to bad.

Honors would be manageable, I would think. : )

Just depends on your academic work ethic....mine isn't so good.
[/quote]

well, i procrastinate. i eventually get it done, but it's not a fun time at all lol.

Posted

i would love to study there but it's just dream for too far to be realized. not unless someone would like to support me? :lol2:

Posted

[quote name='tnavarro61' timestamp='1293699571' post='2195170']
i would love to study there but it's just dream for too far to be realized. not unless someone would like to support me? :lol2:
[/quote]

well whats stopping you?

Posted

[quote name='AudreyGrace' timestamp='1293699978' post='2195173']
well whats stopping you?
[/quote]

I am from the Philippines, I don't have visa and I don't have money. :idontknow:

Posted

[quote name='tnavarro61' timestamp='1293700069' post='2195174']
I am from the Philippines, I don't have visa and I don't have money. :idontknow:
[/quote]

ohh I see. My best friend is from the Philippines! :)

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...