An Old School Catholic Message Board

Fr. Cutie Releasing A Book

Papist

[url="http://www.ncregister.com/blog/fr.-cutie-fallen-priest-writes-self-justifying-book/"]http://www.ncregiste...ustifying-book/[/url]

If in the book he really tries to justify his actions, the media is going to go crazy. I bet they are licking their chops now.

Edited by Papist

This is why the church should change it's backwards ways and allow priests to get married. We can no longer expect people, especially men, to "repress" their "innate need" for sex. To deny this is to force priests to "repress" their sexuality and thus send them hurling into psychological turmoil.

^^That's all that's gonna come from this book right? It's not a new argument it's just a shallow interpretation of things masquerading as something way more profound than it is.

[quote name='Ice_nine' timestamp='1294329347' post='2197381']
This is why the church should change it's backwards ways and allow priests to get married. We can no longer expect people, especially men, to "repress" their "innate need" for sex. To deny this is to force priests to "repress" their sexuality and thus send them hurling into psychological turmoil.

^^That's all that's gonna come from this book right? It's not a new argument it's just a shallow interpretation of things masquerading as something way more profound than it is.
[/quote]
Sounds like hippie Communist love-fest talk to me.

[quote name='dominicansoul' timestamp='1294330382' post='2197384']
May God have mercy on the soul of this priest.
[/quote]

Amen.

He did an appearance on a morning show, I think it was good morning america. In the appearance he was attacking the views of the catholic church on celibacy, he became a minister in a different denomination, I think it was presbyterian. I casually looked at a video of it online and not agreeing with him did not pay it much heed. He did seem very anti-catholic, I remember him blaming the scandals on the celibacy issue, he never actually said so, but it led me to beleive he would be okay with priests leading an open homosexual lifestyle too. I do tremember him saying he met the woman in the church setting and immediately there were sparks, they tried to hide it but when they were filmed kissing on a beach he had to step down. It always amazes me how one can justify wrongs when it involves their actions. It would be wrong to break your vow, it would be wrong to engage in sexual activities with a woman who came to you in your role as a priest, or a counselor. This woman also was much younger than Mr Cutie too, if I remember right almost half his age as he was 40 years old at the time.

ed

[quote name='Socrates' timestamp='1294340695' post='2197411']
Sounds like hippie Communist love-fest talk to me.
[/quote]:hippie:

[quote name='Papist' timestamp='1294356844' post='2197487']
Looks like he didn't have a problem with the Church's celibate priesthood until he got caught.

[/quote]

oo BURN

Really though.. Fr. Cutie? The irony in this is disgusting. Blech.

Lord have mercy.

I have friends that when incidents like his occur say, you see the church should allow priest to marry. And I say, oh yes and he could have broken two vows at the same time. Why they think a maried priesthood is the end all, cure all for everything, I will never know.

[quote name='Papist' timestamp='1294753920' post='2198956']
I have friends that when incidents like his occur say, you see the church should allow priest to marry. And I say, oh yes and he could have broken two vows at the same time. Why they think a maried priesthood is the end all, cure all for everything, I will never know.
[/quote]

Probably because they buy into the tripe that sexual repression is making us all crazy?