An Old School Catholic Message Board

The Guess Which Order Quiz!

Maximilianus

[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v446/echo4lima/ordergame.jpg?t=1294277881[/img]

Lemme guess:

01. D
02. C
03. B
04. A
05. G
06. L
07. J
08. F
09. H
10. K
11. I
12. could be C or E

[quote name='tnavarro61' timestamp='1294318605' post='2197348']
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v446/echo4lima/ordergame.jpg?t=1294277881[/img]

Hilarious!!!
OK I should be writing a paper....but I love this game. I play 'name that religious order' on the streets of Rome all the time haha :dance:

This is my best guess off the top of my head, not looking anything up:

[size="3"][font="Calibri"]D1. O.F.M - Order of Friars Minor – Franciscans D[/font][/size]

[size="3"][font="Calibri"]C2. F.S.S.P - Priestly Fraternity of St. Peter C[/font][/size]

[size="3"][font="Calibri"]3. O.Carm - Order of Our Lady of Mt. Carmel – Carmelites B[/font][/size]

[size="3"][font="Calibri"]4. F.F.I - Franciscan Friars of the Immaculate A[/font][/size]

[size="3"][font="Calibri"]5. O. de M. - The Order of the Blessed Virgin Mary of Mercy – Mercedarians G[/font][/size]

[size="3"][font="Calibri"]6. O.S.B. - Order of St. Benedict – Benedictines L[/font][/size]

[size="3"][font="Calibri"]7. M.I. - Order of the Ministers of the Sick – Camillians J[/font][/size]

[size="3"][font="Calibri"]8. O.C.S.O. - Order of Cistercians of the Strict Observance – Trappist F[/font][/size]

[size="3"][font="Calibri"]9. O.P. - Order of Preachers – Dominicans H[/font][/size]

[size="3"][font="Calibri"]10. C.F.R - Franciscan Friars of the Renewal K[/font][/size]

[size="3"][font="Calibri"]11. O. Cart. - Carthusian Order I[/font][/size]

[size="3"][font="Calibri"]12. I.V.E - Institute of the Incarnate Word E[/font][/size]

On a very superficial level, in descending order of religious dress I like the best:

K
H
C
L
D
E

...& then I don't really have a preference.

Okay, this is the best I could do. I give up after this (For the record, I like the CFRs best, but I think C or H is "prettiest":

[font="Comic Sans MS"][size="2"]1- K[/size][/font]

[font="Comic Sans MS"][size="2"]2- C[/size][/font]

[font="Comic Sans MS"][size="2"]3- B[/size][/font]

[font="Comic Sans MS"][size="2"]4- A[/size][/font]

[font="Comic Sans MS"][size="2"]5- G[/size][/font]

[font="Comic Sans MS"][size="2"]6- L? (Didn’t use it anywhere else, so…)[/size][/font]

[font="Comic Sans MS"][size="2"]7- J[/size][/font]

[font="Comic Sans MS"][size="2"]8- F[/size][/font]

[font="Comic Sans MS"][size="2"]9- H (This looks more like what I see in pictures of Saint Dominic. All the Dominicans priests and brothers I actually met just wore solid white, like G. It goes both ways, I suppose. But the answer must be H, because while I’ve seen Dominicans in solid white, I’ve never seen even a picture of a Mercedarian in a black cloak) [/size][/font]

[font="Comic Sans MS"][size="2"]10- K[/size][/font]

[font="Comic Sans MS"][size="2"]11- I or E??[/size][/font]

[font="Comic Sans MS"][size="2"]12- C (looked them up on Google images, found them wearing nothing but a diocesan-style cassock)[/size][/font]

active IVEs wear cassocks, while the contemplatives wear white tunic and scapular.

Edited by tnavarro61

[quote name='vee8' timestamp='1294352946' post='2197468']
My vote is for navarro to join the CFRs! :cheer: I know thats not the point of the quiz but thats where my vote goes!
[/quote]

that's very impossible! They're in the USA; I am in the Philippines. Besides I am too unhealthy to join them! DS said I'm too skinny.

Edited by tnavarro61

[quote name='tnavarro61' timestamp='1294358190' post='2197494']
that's very impossible! They're in the USA; I am in the Philippines. Besides I am too unhealthy to join them! DS said I'm too skinny.
[/quote]

I bet they've had Filipinos join. & as far as skinniness, once you come to the US, we'll fatten you up :cake: :burger: :taco2:

[quote name='tnavarro61' timestamp='1294358190' post='2197494']
[/quote]

Ha! Those are the worse excuses EVER! Somewhere in the range of me saying "oooh I cant be a Dominican because Im gonna stain my habit!"
[quote name='holly.o' timestamp='1294358890' post='2197495']
I bet they've had Filipinos join. & as far as skinniness, once you come to the US, we'll fatten you up :cake: :burger: :taco2:
[/quote]

THATS RIGHT! :popcorn: :bananacorn: :popcorn2:

[quote name='vee8' timestamp='1294359982' post='2197497']
Ha! Those are the worse excuses EVER! Somewhere in the range of me saying "oooh I cant be a Dominican because Im gonna stain my habit!"
[/quote]

I am thinking of immigration issues.. :lol: cannot be Domincan too because i love coffee!

Maximilianus

[quote name='tnavarro61' timestamp='1294363597' post='2197511']
I am thinking of immigration issues.. :lol: cannot be Domincan too because i love coffee!
[/quote]

With that logic you can't be an I.V.E contemplative, your stuck with Benedictines, brown habited Franciscans or Carmelites(just don't drink coffee with the latter's mantle)...I guess there is always the I.V.E. preist.

dominicansoul

[quote name='tnavarro61' timestamp='1294363140' post='2197504']
just give me a lot of tacos, so very tasty and good for you,, so very tasty and good for you, that would be awesome!
[/quote]

fatten up, skinny!

[quote name='tnavarro61' timestamp='1294363597' post='2197511']
[/quote]

At first I thought you meant Dominicans weren't allowed coffee... :o

But I guess you mean just the clumsy ones aren't.

Which would include me (as proof, see the white gloves I wore the other day while trying to walk and drink coffee :( ).