An Old School Catholic Message Board

Convent Care Package - Ideas?

loveletslive

Holy cards are the best! Also, note cards and pretty stationary, especially the religious ones. If you do not have a religious store in your area, get nature scenes or flowers - especially roses. Stickers are also a favorite! :like: And for a treat, hard candy individually wrapped. It was always a treat for us on Sundays at recreation, when we had it. Also, if the convent is located in a place where it snows, SOCKS are great! Old, large convents are drafty. I was never cold, nor did I ever wear socks to bed UNTIL I entered the convent!

Sorry! Duplicate post. My computer seemed to be frozen, so I clicked again - and again...

Edited by FSM Sister

Lots of good ideas have been posted.

In the past I have sent:

A dozen good Atlas garden gloves for all the Sisters

Jars of 100% organic natural peanut and almond butter

[quote name='FSM Sister' timestamp='1295148812' post='2200649']
Holy cards are the best! Also, note cards and pretty stationary, especially the religious ones. If you do not have a religious store in your area, get nature scenes or flowers - especially roses. Stickers are also a favorite! :like: And for a treat, hard candy individually wrapped. It was always a treat for us on Sundays at recreation, when we had it. Also, if the convent is located in a place where it snows, SOCKS are great! Old, large convents are drafty. I was never cold, nor did I ever wear socks to bed UNTIL I entered the convent!

[/quote]

You are right Sister! Definitely stickers and socks! I can't believe I forgot those!

LaPetiteSoeur

If she's in a smaller order, baked goods are always appreciated--by the sisters and by the pastor!
socks
STAMPS. Trust me--these are wonderful gifts. Try to get the Mother Theresa ones.
And, as everyone else said, stationary. It's always a good bet.

Dieu vous benisse!