An Old School Catholic Message Board

Voice Of America On The Nashville Dominicans!

MissScripture

MissScripture

I SAW MY SISTER!!!! She's in the picture on the top, in the classroom. She is the postulant the most on the left. And she is very briefly in the video, also in the classroom. :proud: :dance: :woot: :yahoo:

http://www.voanews.com/english/news/usa/people/Younger-Catholic-Women-Get-into-the-Habit-113267249.html

:nun:

Edited by MissScripture

MissScripture

[quote name='dominicansoul' timestamp='1294987073' post='2199991']
I think I saw my apron! hahahahahaaha
[/quote]
Probably! In the part where they were talking to Sr. Kelly and they cut to the sisters outside? Cuz I'm pretty sure that's the back of my sister (the one talking with her hands) so you probably did! :proud: :nun:

[quote name='MissScripture' timestamp='1294984580' post='2199986']
I SAW MY SISTER!!!! She's in the picture on the top, in the classroom. She is the postulant the most on the left. And she is very briefly in the video, also in the classroom. :proud: :dance: :woot: :yahoo:

[url="http://www.voanews.com/english/news/usa/people/Younger-Catholic-Women-Get-into-the-Habit-113267249.html"]http://www.voanews.c...-113267249.html[/url]

[/quote]

SO DID I!!!!!!!!!!! :dance5:

MissScripture

[quote name='MissScripture' timestamp='1295047161' post='2200157']
Probably! In the part where they were talking to Sr. Kelly and they cut to the sisters outside? Cuz I'm pretty sure that's the back of my sister (the one talking with her hands) so you probably did! :proud: :nun:
[/quote]
Upon further review, the one I thought was my sister in that part, actually isn't. lol. Just looks a lot like her!

[quote name='MarisStella' timestamp='1295114600' post='2200379']
SO DID I!!!!!!!!!!! :dance5:
[/quote]
My sister or your sister?

My sister or your sister?
[/quote]

[img]http://www.phatmass.com/phorum/public/style_emoticons/default/hehe.gif[/img] My sister.

[url="http://www.voanews.com/english/news/usa/people/Younger-Catholic-Women-Get-into-the-Habit-113267249.html"]http://www.voanews.c...-113267249.html[/url]

[/quote]

Nice! Are there still 27 postulants? 2 novices left since Christmas.

[quote name='jruss' timestamp='1295298550' post='2201090']
[/quote]

My sister told me about that!...
As far as I know there are!

[quote name='jruss' timestamp='1295298550' post='2201090']
[/quote]

:( Continued prayers for their discernment.

MissScripture

[quote name='MarisStella' timestamp='1295298692' post='2201091']
My sister told me about that!...
As far as I know there are!
[/quote]
As far as I know, there still are, too.
But my sister mostly talked about getting sick right after visit day in her last letter. :( Did your sister escape the stomach bug that went around, MS? My sister said that there were 10 of them who caught it (at least when she had it) and they let them all watch Toy Story 3 while they were sick. :) (And that she creepily watched me leave from the window, after my husband and I had gone to Mass on New Year's Day. lol)

[quote name='MissScripture' timestamp='1295311299' post='2201173']
As far as I know, there still are, too.
But my sister mostly talked about getting sick right after visit day in her last letter. :( Did your sister escape the stomach bug that went around, MS? My sister said that there were 10 of them who caught it (at least when she had it) and they let them all watch Toy Story 3 while they were sick. :) (And that she creepily watched me leave from the window, after my husband and I had gone to Mass on New Year's Day. lol)
[/quote]

My sister told me about that!! She said she was one of the few that didn't get it. They moved all of the sick sisters into her dorm, so she got a cell for a week and she said "it was like a vacation". It made me laugh. She's always liked her own room.

• 2 weeks later...
Catherine Therese

[quote name='MarisStella' timestamp='1295316471' post='2201200']
My sister told me about that!! She said she was one of the few that didn't get it. They moved all of the sick sisters into her dorm, so she got a cell for a week and she said "it was like a vacation". It made me laugh. She's always liked her own room.
[/quote]

At one stage there were as many as 25 sisters quarantined! I was staying with the sisters for a few weeks, (am hoping to enter). Was terrified I'd get sick just in time for the long plane-ride home. I really enjoyed the VOA thing - we actually all watched it together in the oratory at the motherhouse and i've been sending the link to friends and family back home.

Catherine Therese

I SAW MY SISTER!!!! She's in the picture on the top, in the classroom. She is the postulant the most on the left. And she is very briefly in the video, also in the classroom. :proud: :dance: :woot:
[/quote]

If I've understood which postulant you mean, then your sister (maybe soon to be mine too?) wrote me some really beautiful little reflections to read in the plane on my way home. I really appreciated them and have read them many times over. She managed to quote both of my patronesses! I'm not even sure if she KNEW they were my patronesses. Your sister is VERY COOL.