An Old School Catholic Message Board

Nuns Sledding!

MissScripture

IgnatiusofLoyola

[quote name='krissylou' timestamp='1295374233' post='2201476']
I have a very important question for the Dominicans.

Some of the Sisters involved here have made their first professions and are typically in black veils.

Here they have white veils.

Are these special "snow habits" that serve as camouflage in the snow and enable them to sneak up on people, a la polar bears?
[/quote]

I wondered about that, too, but the Summit Dominicans also have "work veils" (which are white) and (I think), also have "work habits." (Not sure what color those are.) My guess is that the two sisters in the video who have taken first vows (and possibly some of the novices and postulants, as well) decided to wear their "work veils" for sledding. For last year's sledding, they wore their regular veils (as far as I could tell), and maybe some of the veils got damaged/incredibly dirty.

Note: This is just a guess.

[quote name='IgnatiusofLoyola' timestamp='1295388348' post='2201549']
I wondered about that, too, but the Summit Dominicans also have "work veils" (which are white) and (I think), also have "work habits." (Not sure what color those are.) My guess is that the two sisters in the video who have taken first vows (and possibly some of the novices and postulants, as well) decided to wear their "work veils" for sledding. For last year's sledding, they wore their regular veils (as far as I could tell), and maybe some of the veils got damaged/incredibly dirty.

[/quote]

that makes sense Iggy. The SMMC sisers have "good" veils (which I guess are nicer than the other ones)

[quote name='IgnatiusofLoyola' timestamp='1295388348' post='2201549']

[/quote]

That is quite sensible and reasonable.

However, I really prefer the polar bear explanation.

This reminds me of going to Disney as a little kid. We saw this gaggle of nuns in full habit getting on the tea cups at the Magic Kingdom!! :like:

• 2 weeks later...
dominicansoul

I know from experience snow makes nuns/sisters do all sorts of crazy. Here the Poor Clares just seem to like sitting in the snow...

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kzHS_CeJV2Q&feature=player_embedded[/media]