An Old School Catholic Message Board

Where I Currently Stand

mulls

[quote name='Dave' date='Aug 22 2003, 12:19 AM']Yeah, if you intentionally lusted after someone and died right afterward, with no chance to repent, you'd go to hell -- doesn't matter how godly your life had been up until that point.
[right][snapback]21029[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

i know this is an old statement
but that just isnt true
no one knows who God will send to hell.......

[quote name='mulls' date='Jun 28 2005, 04:39 PM']Wow, old-school bump.
I got bored and did a search.

2 years ago...time flies when you're arguing and having fun :)
[right][snapback]626496[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
Awwwwwww!
Youre not arguing Mulls,
just debating.

Glad youre still hanging around.

[quote name='Delivery Boy' date='Jun 28 2005, 05:04 PM']i know this is an old statement
but that just isnt true
no one knows who God will send to hell.......
[right][snapback]626528[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

No, Delivery Boy, you're missing the point. We don't know which specific individuals will go to hell. However, what I said was that if any person commits a mortal sin and dies right afterward without repenting they'll go to hell. That's just a fact. It wasn't an attempt to make judgments that are reserved to God alone. We can't possibly know who specifically has died in the state of mortal sin, of course, but that wasn't my point.

God doesnt send anyone to hell.

We choose hell by separating ourselves from God and rejecting Him.

[quote name='Dave' date='Jun 28 2005, 05:03 PM']No, Delivery Boy, you're missing the point.  We don't know which specific individuals will go to hell.  However, what I said was that if any person commits a mortal sin and dies right afterward without repenting they'll go to hell.  That's just a fact.  It wasn't an attempt to make judgments that are reserved to God alone.  We can't possibly know who specifically has died in the state of mortal sin, of course, but that wasn't my point.
[right][snapback]626618[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

hey hey Dave,
I see ur point and I know you werent saying your statement as a judgement. BUT at the same time it sorta is a judgement becuz you are saying what God would choose to do if the person was in mortal sin when dieing. We have no idea what God would do in that situation.

[b]ROMANS 9 - 14[/b] What then are we to say ? Is There injustice on the part of God ? OF COURSE NOT ! For he says to Moses, "[color=blue] I WILL SHOW MERCY TO WHOM I WILL, I WILL TAKE PITY ON WHOM I WILL[/color] "

[b]ROMANS 10 - 6[/b] But the rigthousness that comes from faith says " Do not say in your heart , " WHO WILL GO UP INTO HEAVEN ? " ( that is, to bring CHRIST down )." or " WHO WILL GO TO HELL ? " (that is to bring Christ up from the dead)
But what does the word say ? " The word is near you in your heart and mouth " ( that is the word that we preach) [[color=red]color=red] FOR, IF YOU CONFESS WITH YOUR MOUTH THAT JESUS IS LORD AND BELIEVE IN YOUR HEART THAT GOD RAISED HIM FROM THE DEAD, YOU WILL BE SAVED[/color]

Dont get me wrong either, i agree with what your saying to an extent and i know how vital it is to have a fear of GOD and work your salvation out in fear and trembling........But to say that you KNOW A SOUL WILL GO TO HELL that is in morta sin, is not accurate.....you cant back it up with scripture........What stuck out about ur post was that you told FREAKY GURL that she would still go to hell even though she lived a good christain life if right before she died she lusted after a man and did not repent.......True, there is the chance but probally not...........God is our father right ?? So God loves us as much as a father loves a son, no loveing father is gonna treat a son like that and just cast them away to hell for eternity if they did not deserve to be sent...
were stuck in a flesh, we all make mistakes, some more then others.....and remember God even has salvation mapped out for the heathen.........

Edited by Guest

The point is that we cannot know ourselves the state of another's soul. However, we cannot fall into presumption and say that people who die in mortal sin will "probably" be saved. This is contrary to Church teaching.

[quote name='Socrates' date='Jun 29 2005, 12:43 PM']The point is that we cannot know ourselves the state of another's soul.  However, we cannot fall into presumption and say that people who die in mortal sin will "probably" be saved.  This is contrary to Church teaching.
[right][snapback]627499[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

ya ur right, i agree that more times then not a person wont be saved who falls into mortal sin and doesnt repent.....I was only saying that its impossible to say that every case would be the same way.......cuz God will do what he wants...........and i dont wanna oppose church teaching, that would be a bad bad move for me.....im in enough trouble as it is lol

[quote name='God Conquers' date='Jul 4 2005, 11:27 PM']SO Mulls.....

Any more progress to report!?

;)
[right][snapback]631919[/snapback][/right][/quote]
I believe he's at the "I don't agree with Catholicism but find myself defending it way too much" stage of his faith journey.

hahaha

homeschoolmom

[quote name='dUSt' date='Jul 5 2005, 01:39 AM']I believe he's at the "I don't agree with Catholicism but find myself defending it way too much" stage of his faith journey.

hahaha
[right][snapback]631958[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

AKA Brother Adam Syndrome

:bugeyes:

homeschoolmom

[quote name='Brother Adam' date='Jul 5 2005, 09:30 AM']Hey!  <_<
:unsure:
[right][snapback]632076[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

Hey, if you can honestly deny that I'm right, I'll edit it.

[quote]I believe he's at the "I don't agree with Catholicism but find myself defending it way too much" stage of his faith journey.

hahaha[/quote]

true, though it's more along the lines of "you don't know what the Church teaches about stuff.....here's where you're wrong about stuff, and here's what it really teaches.....but here's why it's still wrong"

if people bash something, they should bash it for what it really is, not for lies and exaggerations.