An Old School Catholic Message Board

Servants Of The Lord And The Virgin Of Matara

Santa Cruz

Someone did find issues with the order, but I won't go into who and what. Teresa spoke with that girl and knows about the issues. She may be the person to talk to, for those serious about the order. I believe people should be fully aware of good and bad about orders.

• 3 months later...
FutureSister2009

I've emailed two Sisters in this Order and have not gotten anything back. :sad: Although I do have other Orders in mind, I would like to visit with these Sisters too.

EDIT:

Correction One of them did just email me back! :clapping:

Edited by FutureSister2009

TeresaBenedicta

[quote name='FutureSister2009' timestamp='1304535322' post='2236955']
I've emailed two Sisters in this Order and have not gotten anything back. :sad: Although I do have other Orders in mind, I would like to visit with these Sisters too.

EDIT:

[/quote]

It's likely that they were gone all of last week for "Pasqueta". :-) They can get extremely busy but they do their best to get back to people ASAP.

Santa Cruz

[quote name='FutureSister2009' timestamp='1304535322' post='2236955']

EDIT:

[/quote]

They are very busy and often are away from the computer so surely you were not ignored. Glad to see you got a response. Praying for you!

Santa Cruz

[quote name='TeresaBenedicta' timestamp='1304539282' post='2237022']
It's likely that they were gone all of last week for "Pasqueta". :-) They can get extremely busy but they do their best to get back to people ASAP.
[/quote]

Oops I just saw this response, after I wrote mine. :)

[quote name='JoyfulLife' timestamp='1296263806' post='2206176']
Someone did find issues with the order, but I won't go into who and what. Teresa spoke with that girl and knows about the issues. She may be the person to talk to, for those serious about the order. I believe people should be fully aware of good and bad about orders.
[/quote]

Agreed ... I have some reservations about the order, *but* having said that I honestly think that the right person will be the perfect fit :). I have gone to IVE retreats and shared with the novices, and they are a wonderful group of women.

No order is perfect -- and as JoyfulLife said it is better to know the good and the bad. Then you can make a more informed decision.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Esther26

I know this might seem like a random question, but do you know if they have their own rooms/cells? I was reading on another forum that do not.

Also, I know they pray morning, evening, and night prayer in community but do you know if they pray Office of Readings or Mid-day prayer privately?

I will be going on a come-and-see in a few weeks. If you have any advice, it would be most welcome. Although I am not new to discerning religious life, I am fairly new to looking at specific orders...

Santa Cruz

[quote name='Esther26' timestamp='1305503122' post='2242017']
I know this might seem like a random question, but do you know if they have their own rooms/cells? I was reading on another forum that do not.

Also, I know they pray morning, evening, and night prayer in community but do you know if they pray Office of Readings or Mid-day prayer privately?

I will be going on a come-and-see in a few weeks. If you have any advice, it would be most welcome. Although I am not new to discerning religious life, I am fairly new to looking at specific orders...
[/quote]

The question is not random at all! I saw a very similar post under the topic, "For Those Discerning..." and added my thoughts there a few minutes ago. Please see that.

Peace of Christ!

To Jesus Through Mary

[quote name='Santa Cruz' timestamp='1305513825' post='2242122']
The question is not random at all! I saw a very similar post under the topic, "For Those Discerning..." and added my thoughts there a few minutes ago. Please see that.

Peace of Christ!
[/quote]

Sorry- yeah I posted the question 2x in error and was having trouble verifying this user name to be able to post so I made another one. Oh me and technology don't mix to well!

Santa Cruz

[quote name='To Jesus Through Mary' timestamp='1305548763' post='2242242']
Sorry- yeah I posted the question 2x in error and was having trouble verifying this user name to be able to post so I made another one. Oh me and technology don't mix to well!
[/quote]

How funny. No worries.