dUSt Posted January 28, 2011 Author Posted January 28, 2011 [quote name='Ad Majorem Dei Gloriam' timestamp='1296239067' post='2205799'] In undergrad, I studied Theology and got a double minor in Philosophy and Biology and graduated in the Honors program. I am currently working on a Double Masters in Philosophy and Theology. For Philosophy I am mainly studying Contemporary Analytic and Medieval Philosophy (St. Thomas) and in Theology I'm mainly studying Systematic Theology and Patristics. I plan on getting my Doctorate after this and hopefully teaching at a college someday. [/quote] Sounds good enough for me, but you'll need some people to vouch for you. I don't talk to strangers.
Ad Majorem Dei Gloriam Posted January 28, 2011 Posted January 28, 2011 (edited) [quote name='dUSt' timestamp='1296239202' post='2205805'] Sounds good enough for me, but you'll need some people to vouch for you. I don't talk to strangers. [/quote] That seems prudent, but I don't know if people know me because I don't post much unless I really feel something needs to be said....or someone is posting about the Church Scholar tag. Edited January 28, 2011 by Ad Majorem Dei Gloriam
dUSt Posted January 28, 2011 Author Posted January 28, 2011 [quote name='Ad Majorem Dei Gloriam' timestamp='1296239843' post='2205808'] That seems prudent, but I don't know if people know me because I don't post much unless I really feel something needs to be said....or someone is posting about the Church Scholar tag. [/quote] Good point. Man, that is Scholar stuff right there.
Cherie Posted January 28, 2011 Posted January 28, 2011 I don't have a degree in theology, but I spent five years in religious life with an orthodox religious community where we took courses in theology, and also classes and courses on the spiritual life. While in religious life, I also became a certified catechist. I'd love to help, if you think I'd qualify!
TeresaBenedicta Posted January 28, 2011 Posted January 28, 2011 [quote name='CherieMadame' timestamp='1296240075' post='2205812'] I don't have a degree in theology, but I spent five years in religious life with an orthodox religious community where we took courses in theology, and also classes and courses on the spiritual life. While in religious life, I also became a certified catechist. I'd love to help, if you think I'd qualify! [/quote] Someone else nominated CherieMadame earlier, and I want to second the nomination. She knows her stuff and is a great role model in the Christian faith.
fides quarens intellectum Posted January 28, 2011 Posted January 28, 2011 [quote name='fides quarens intellectum' timestamp='1296235831' post='2205761'] what about people who aren't religious, but who probably had a couple of years of formation in a convent or something? I'm thinking of someone like Cherie Madame - she probably has more hours in class than an undergraduate majoring in theology, yet i don't know if she has a formal degree to go with it. [/quote] oh, and kafka also - he has training, but i don't know if he has an undergraduate minor or major in theology. and he's purty smart 'n stuff.
fides quarens intellectum Posted January 28, 2011 Posted January 28, 2011 [quote name='dUSt' timestamp='1296236581' post='2205773'] I don't ever see her post. She should post. She's really really cool. [/quote] bummer. If she posted more often, you could even start a Theologian tag group for people with licentiates and doctorates in theology. That would be really cool.
Sarah147 Posted January 28, 2011 Posted January 28, 2011 [quote name='Brother Adam' timestamp='1296238517' post='2205795'] I nominate TeresaBenedicta for Church Scholar. She knows her faith and articulates it well and is a model of Christian holiness. More importantly she knows her limits and does not try to answer questions that are beyond her ability. [/quote] Whew! Great examination.[quote name='TeresaBenedicta' timestamp='1296240363' post='2205820'] Someone else nominated CherieMadame earlier, and I want to second the nomination. She knows her stuff and is a great role model in the Christian faith. [/quote] Does she have the time is another matter.
HopefulBride Posted January 28, 2011 Posted January 28, 2011 [quote name='CherieMadame' timestamp='1296240075' post='2205812'] I don't have a degree in theology, but I spent five years in religious life with an orthodox religious community where we took courses in theology, and also classes and courses on the spiritual life. While in religious life, I also became a certified catechist. I'd love to help, if you think I'd qualify! [/quote] I nominate Cherie
Sarah147 Posted January 28, 2011 Posted January 28, 2011 (edited) [quote]CherieMadame, on 28 January 2011 - 02:41 PM, said: I don't have a degree in theology, but I spent five years in religious life with an orthodox religious community where we took courses in theology, and also classes and courses on the spiritual life. While in religious life, I also became a certified catechist. I'd love to help, if you think I'd qualify! [/quote] How embarrassing. I didn't notice Cherie was posting here yet! Sorry Cherie! She's amesome. How do they certify the Sisters in catechetics? Edited January 28, 2011 by JoyfulLife
CatherineM Posted January 28, 2011 Posted January 28, 2011 Someone want to un-nominate me? My answers get more nasty PM's than anybody else.
Lilllabettt Posted January 28, 2011 Posted January 28, 2011 [quote name='JoyfulLife' timestamp='1296246024' post='2205942'] How embarrassing. I didn't notice Cherie was posting here yet! Sorry Cherie! She's amesome. How do they certify the Sisters in catechetics? [/quote] In my batch we took Fr. John Hardon's certification course. Pretty good. Covered a lot of material.
dUSt Posted January 28, 2011 Author Posted January 28, 2011 [quote name='CatherineM' timestamp='1296246196' post='2205944'] Someone want to un-nominate me? My answers get more nasty PM's than anybody else. [/quote] You are insane! I will never except your resignation. Ever!
regina_coeli Posted January 28, 2011 Posted January 28, 2011 [quote name='dUSt' timestamp='1296246608' post='2205951'] You are insane! I will never except your resignation. Ever! [/quote] AMEN
mcts Posted January 28, 2011 Posted January 28, 2011 I got an A in moral theology in college, but that's probably not going to help you.
Sarah147 Posted January 28, 2011 Posted January 28, 2011 (edited) [quote name='Lilllabettt' timestamp='1296246413' post='2205947'] In my batch we took Fr. John Hardon's certification course. Pretty good. Covered a lot of material. [/quote] Fr. Hardon. A w e s o m e. Edited January 28, 2011 by JoyfulLife
Groo the Wanderer Posted January 28, 2011 Posted January 28, 2011 I'm about halfway through The Confessions and I managed taco (amazingly good) Bells for 9 years... ...and I are an Acolyte Is that enuff?
Lil Red Posted January 28, 2011 Posted January 28, 2011 [quote name='Groo the Wanderer' timestamp='1296248966' post='2205978'] I'm about halfway through The Confessions and I managed taco (amazingly good) (amazingly good) Bells for 9 years... ...and I are an Acolyte Is that enuff? [/quote] like an instituted one?? amesome.
Sarah147 Posted January 28, 2011 Posted January 28, 2011 (edited) Somebody sure loves their t a c o s. You can't beat genuine Mexican restaurants. I had a dish of c h e e s e enchalada; one beef hard t a c o; and they put refried beans with sprinkled c h e e s e, spanish rice, lettuce, and tomatoes. I was saying "Mmm mmm" throughout the whole meal. Incredible. It was no t a c o b e l l. Edited January 28, 2011 by JoyfulLife
Groo the Wanderer Posted January 28, 2011 Posted January 28, 2011 [quote name='Lil Red' timestamp='1296249520' post='2205996'] like an instituted one?? amesome. [/quote] yeppers. Just wish the pastor would let us do all the things the Church allows. Right now all we do is purify the sacred vessels after communion and fill in for EMHCs. Although....when the priests were all away at their annual retreat, we were supposed to have a deacon lead communion services in place of daily Mass. He only came once due to illness, so I got tapped to lead them for the rest of the week. Scary and humbling...
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now