An Old School Catholic Message Board

Men Discerning Religious Life! Go To Italy!

Chamomile

[font="Georgia,"]From the Benedictine Monks in Norcia:

[quote]As we prepare for the 11th Annual Summer Discernment Program in Norcia, Italy from July 4 – July 29, the Monks of Norcia would like to invite you or anyone you know who might be interested in this program to check out this website: [url="http://osbnorcia.org/?page_id=59"]http://osbnorcia.org/?page_id=59[/url]

The purpose of the program is to offer young men a time to discern God's will for their life in a more concentrated way than normal worldly circumstances permit. Attendees will be invited to participate in the life of the monks as a way to guide their decision.

If you have any questions, please feel free to contact [email="vocations@osbnorcia.org"]vocations@osbnorcia.org[/email].

[/quote]

You know you want to go to Italy ;)

[/font]

I went in 2009, and would definitely encourage any discerning male (who can afford to go) to do so. It is an incredible, challenging, life-changing experience.

[quote name='tnavarro61' timestamp='1296429072' post='2206815']
I would go there, if I have the money.
[/quote]

With all respect, tnavarro, if you are really interested in this opportunity, i wouldn't renounce for economical reasons.
the monks ask for a donation of about 300 dollars, but [u]it is not obligatory[/u]: you can donate also less, if you have not the possibilities.
Then, you have time from now to july to save the money for the plane...
(this of course is only my suggestion!)

[quote name='organwerke' timestamp='1296478041' post='2206978']
With all respect, tnavarro, if you are really interested in this opportunity, i wouldn't renounce for economical reasons.
the monks ask for a donation of about 300 dollars, but [u]it is not obligatory[/u]: you can donate also less, if you have not the possibilities.
Then, you have time from now to july to save the money for the plane...
(this of course is only my suggestion!)
[/quote]

for the plane, for the necessary visas.. these things make it impossible! i cannot even go to a nearby city because I have no bucks in my pocket. :cry3:

But if someone out there is willing to help ne. Well I am just a pm away!

[quote name='TeresaBenedicta' timestamp='1296428224' post='2206801']
I would totally go! If I were a male... :-)
[/quote]

:ninja:

I feel like I've read somewhere about women who pretended to be men so they could be monks in the Middle Ages or something. Not that I'm suggesting that or saying it was a good idea! It just reminded me of that [img]http://www.phatmass.com/phorum/public/style_emoticons/default/rolleyes.gif[/img]

• 3 weeks later...

[size="4"]I always think that a discernment retreat is a good idea. Especially if it can be a silent retreat intemixed with the owrk of the community. or a silent guided retreat.[/size]