An Old School Catholic Message Board

Molokai: The Story Of Father Damien

vee

This past Sunday DS and I somehow ended up watching this wonderful film in chat. Well not in chat itself cus there is no video player there :( but we chatted and watched it on youtube. Anyway I HIGHLY RECOMMEND THIS MOVIE TO ALL !!!!!!1!! !!1111!!1!!!

Its twelve parts and here is part one. If you double click on this it opens up in youtube and on the right hand side of the page you can click for part two then three then four etc Pray for more great priests like St Damien! Oh and the soundtrack is fantastic. :cloud9: I love Hawai'i :love:

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wpnee2hbY4w[/media]

Some a few months ago with my friend. It was an excellent movie. Realistic and not pietistic. Good acting. I noticed the actor who played Father Damien was Faramir in LOTR.

And Saint Damien was a true Christian if there ever was one. He was a great man, a child of the Father, he will be feasing in the Kingdom forever.

[quote name='kafka' timestamp='1296885463' post='2208966']
Some a few months ago with my friend. It was an excellent movie. Realistic and not pietistic. Good acting. I noticed the actor who played Father Damien was Faramir in LOTR.

And Saint Damien was a true Christian if there ever was one. He was a great man, a child of the Father, he will be feasing in the Kingdom forever.
[/quote]

Faramir huh? I didnt put two and two together so thanks for pointing him out!

[quote name='loveletslive' timestamp='1296906418' post='2208996']
if any of you have netflix you can watch this movie streaming online!
[/quote]

Oh wow it's on there too? Excellent!

LaPetiteSoeur

[quote name='loveletslive' timestamp='1296906418' post='2208996']
if any of you have netflix you can watch this movie streaming online!
[/quote]

There are a lot of good Catholic movies on netflix streaming, now. [i]The Bells of St. Mary's [/i]went up, as did a few about st. Frank